Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 8:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2022 10:14 am 

How often do you guys have these shoots and are they always in Hamilton or do you move them around.
I’m sure many in this forum would say that they have no place to shoot at so it would be really nice to get out once in a while to shoot with a bunch of guys that share your hobby.

Joe

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2022 6:04 pm 

HW777 wrote:
How often do you guys have these shoots and are they always in Hamilton or do you move them around.
I’m sure many in this forum would say that they have no place to shoot at so it would be really nice to get out once in a while to shoot with a bunch of guys that share your hobby.

Joe

If you check the Hamilton club and Port Colborne club you will find the dates for southern Ontario matches. The Grenville club is eastern Ontario.
https://www.ftcentral.com/

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2022 6:11 pm 

Since Ontario is a pretty large area, it is hard to recommend a shooting area without a tad more specificity with regards to your location.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2022 6:34 pm 

Thank you.

I’m in Richmond hill.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2022 7:13 pm 

HW777 wrote:
Thank you.

I’m in Richmond hill.
Hi Joe.
I live in Richmond Hill as well.
Rob27

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2022 8:33 pm 

Certainly HAHA would be the closest. I shoot at Grenville, but that would be about a 3.5 hour drive down the 401. Some guys come from the GTA and a few carpooling would help cut costs and make the trip more enjoyable.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2022 9:16 pm 

Thank you Tim.

Joe

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2022 9:06 pm 

HAHA Field Target Match Report
March 26, 2022

On Saturday, the HAHA club hosted the first FT match of the season. The weather was cold with intermittent rain, snow and ice pellets. Despite the nasty conditions, 21 brave lads made the journey to the Hamilton Club to send some lead down range and catch up with old and new friends.

The volunteers started showing up around 8:15 and by 9:30 we had the course set up, and the sight-in range went live. After a brief safety and shooters meeting, we divided up into groups of three and started the match around 10:30. In total, there were 31 targets across 8 lanes for a total of 62 shots. It was on or about the 6th shot a cold line was called due to a target on lane 7 not actually having a string attached. Being a fun match, we gave everyone points for knocking that one down (and yes I went back to check all the scorecards to ensure points were given for those targets).

There were very close battles in both Hunter classes with only 1 point separating 1st and second place. There were 8 shooters in PCP hunters and 7 in the Hunter Piston class, I am pretty sure that is a record turnout for both. Congratulations to winners:
Tom K - PCP Hunter 111/124
Jeff H - Piston Hunter 106/124
Richard S - PCP Open 58/62
Bob W - WFTF Piston 40/62

A sincere Thank-you to the volunteers who showed up early and battled the rain, snow, sleet and mud to get the range ready for the day and also for everyone who stayed around to help take down the course after the event. These events can only run smoothly/on time with volunteers. Please remember to thank them and consider helping out next match!

For full match results and write up check out this link - https://www.caftacentral.ca/2022/03/29/haha-ft-match-report-march-26th-2022/ and some more event pictures (including some of Tom's) can be found here – Image

Cheers,
Brian
Match Director