Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 12:25 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2022 12:07 am 

Hi guys

Our shoot this month will be at Mission Rod and Gun Club, on April 24, from 9 am to 3pm.

I hope the weather this month turns out as well as last month’s shoot.

We will be on the Archery 2D range.

If you have any questions, please shoot me a pm.

Hope to see you there.

Biagio

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2022 9:29 pm 

Hey Biagio,

How'd the shoot go? Any pics or write up. Would be great to hear some details :)

Regards,
JeffH

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2022 9:34 pm 

Hey again,

Great to hear you guys are out shooting! We can help get the word out too. Shoot me over your schedule and any write ups / pics so I'll post them on the CAFTA site.

Regards,
JeffH
CAFTA President

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2022 10:36 pm 

JHemming wrote:
How'd the shoot go? Any pics or write up. Would be great to hear some details :)

Regards,
JeffH
Here you go Jeff. It was myself and these four gentlemen. I’m new, it was my 2nd time there. We had some standing targets for paper and a good number of drop down targets. At some point in the morning they pulled out some scorecards. I believe the fellas had a little competition but I was fumbling on my own when that was going on. It wasn’t a whole course or anything, quite casual. Each of the guys had a number of very fine PCP rifles, there I was shooting my beater springers. But the guys are real nice to me. And buddy Alex insisted I shoot a couple of his rifles. First a nice Air Arms one, and then a very fine FX. Sorry, can’t remember the models. Apparently one of the other guys, Jim, had done the same when Alex was new and showed up with springers, made him shoot his expensive PCP rifles. We were on one of the longer ranges and in the afternoon, the guys wanted to do some long range shooting. Jim had a nice, heavy spinner with five paddles, they set it out at 120 yds. And Alex put a stone on top of the 100 yd marking stake, about 4 feet tall. It was a egg shaped stone, about 2” high and maybe 1.5” wide. They were shooting those for a while, then Alex called me over, loaded the magazine on his FX and told me to empty it. It was real nice, I hit that centre spinner a few times, the surrounding ones a few times, I missed a few, too. 120 yds! Then Alex turned the elevation turret and told me to shoot the stone. First shot, down! 100 yds! A bit different than the loose groups at 55 yds of my underpowered Cometa.

Anyway, the weather was fine, short sleeves in the afternoon, I got some sun on my face and neck. But it was just good to chat and chuckle with some other enthusiasts. The guys are cool. That’s it.

Attachments:
IMG_0806 copy.JPG
IMG_0806 copy.JPG [ 262.69 KiB | Viewed 920 times ]
IMG_0807 copy.JPG
IMG_0807 copy.JPG [ 253.47 KiB | Viewed 920 times ]

.177 Cometa Fusion, Vantage 3-9x40
.177 Cometa Fenix LT, Endurance 4-16x50
.22 Cometa Fenix, Airmax 3-9x40

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2022 11:01 pm 

Thank you for posting the pictures Steve.
Yes it was a fun day.

Hi Jeff
Forgot to take pictures of the April shoot. Will definitely take some in May.
Hope Stephen can make it out again. Seems like he had some fun.

Unfortunately I sold all my springers, just do not get enough time to shoot them all.

Biagio