Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:38 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2022 9:53 am 

I was at the range yesterday and this what I found. The Tormneta bolt is about 10 mm square, the pellet probe is the only part that is round and considerably smaller .177. When you pull the bolt back the pellet probe pulls into the square bolt shaft far beyond the mag. If the gun is pointed upward a pellet is able to fall out of the back of magazine and into the bolt shaft. The pellet is then able to roll back and fall down the cocking pin slot and into the hammer tunnel. When you pull the trigger the hammer will crush the pellet against the valve face. If you turn the gun sideways to try and diagnose the problem the pellet can roll back up the slot and in front of the bolt or behind the bolt if the bolt is still closed. When the bolt is in the closed position the square section buts tight up against the magazine. I had to leave the range early yesterday to fix the gun as the pellet had gotten on the backside of the bolt and it could no longer cock. I had the gun facing up a very small amount as I was shooting from the bench. This did happen before but the pellet fell out before I could realize what the problem was.

Gun is crap, do not buy.
Picture of the bolt shaft, bolt all the back
Attachment:
bolt shaft.jpg
bolt shaft.jpg [ 209.66 KiB | Viewed 1094 times ]

The pellet
Attachment:
pellet.jpg
pellet.jpg [ 260.8 KiB | Viewed 1094 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2022 11:01 am 

That's a shame, I really had high hopes for the reximex lineup but so far nothing good has come out of them (well from the Tormenta at least). This is completely unnaceptable for a rifle at that price point.

Diana Outlaw .177
Benjamin Marauder .177/.22/.25
Benjamin Armada .25
HW 80 .22
HW100KT .22

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2022 12:19 pm 

It is a combination of the pellets being loose in the mag and pellet probe retracting back so far. Neither are an easy fix.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2022 8:29 pm 

McRobert wrote:
It is a combination of the pellets being loose in the mag and pellet probe retracting back so far. Neither are an easy fix.

Usually you can adjust the preload on the magazine rotor by winding it one more turn.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2022 6:15 am 

The pellet installation hole is a 2 pellet wide slot, if the gun is facing up, the pellets sit back against the clear cover. The next pellet will slide partially out before the bolt is pulled back. Sometimes the pellet will turn sideways before the rotation is complete and then gets mashed in the mag. If I increase the rotation force then this will increase the chance of the pellet striking the bolt when it is pulled back damaging the pellet. I have emailed Carm in Croatia to see if he has plans on making a mag with the O ring retainer. I have purchased his mags for my Kral guns. The only difference I can see between these mags and the Kral mags are the retainer slot height

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2022 9:49 am 

OK sounds like the mags have design flaw. They should make the wheels dividers a bit more pronounced

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2022 7:46 pm 

I’ve only had mine for a couple weeks but I am absolutely loving this thing. :D It is fast, mean and accurate.

I have it in .22, so not sure if that would even happen…

jr

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2022 6:32 am 

It only happens if the gun is upward when loading, 50% of my shooting with this gun. My new tank for the stock arrived yesterday so now I will at least have a 250 bar tank on a 250 bar gun. 2nd tank now in my 200 bar collection. Still waiting for the new but pad for the tank.

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2022 7:52 am 

McRobert wrote:
It only happens if the gun is upward when loading, 50% of my shooting with this gun. My new tank for the stock arrived yesterday so now I will at least have a 250 bar tank on a 250 bar gun. 2nd tank now in my 200 bar collection. Still waiting for the new but pad for the tank.

Out of curiosity, did you have to buy a new 250bar tank or did you get a replacement one for free on the basis that this was the manufacturer's mistake ? I still don't understand how you can advertise higher pressure than the ones written on the tanks, baffles me.

Diana Outlaw .177
Benjamin Marauder .177/.22/.25
Benjamin Armada .25
HW 80 .22
HW100KT .22

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2022 9:56 am 

I purchased the tank. Raman at Css claims the bottle are not properly stamped. I don't want to over stress a tank or under air and have a low shot count. I am trying to add a reg in with a gun purchase. I will place it between the tank and the front air tube. my new tank is 4500 psi.

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2022 8:39 pm 

McRobert wrote:

I cocked it with it pointing up last night not thinking, but what you experienced did not happen. Maybe your experience was a fluke?

I emailed them questioning the 200/250 BAR topic, but have yet to hear their answer.

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2022 10:24 pm 

The stock tank should have letters molded into it, not just stickered. What do the molded numbers/letters say? For example some bottle guns will have a sticker saying max fill 250 bar on the bottle but if you look at the molded writing it will say 300bar. That's because the gun is only rated for 250 but the bottle can handle 300. If the stock bottle has 300 molded into the aluminum you have nothing to worry about regarding the bottle anyway. If you are meaning the molded letters say 200 bar then that's a different story
Regards,
Wes

Sent from my RMX2111 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 7:39 am 

The bottles are engraved PW200 bar Ph300 bar. It gets no clearer than that. To test there response I cut a pin using the precise outside diameter minus 2x of the wall thickness on the bottle. The pin was dropped in the bottle and used as an internal micrometer. The pin could move freely when 90 Degrees to the walls. I also measured the inside Volume of the tank with water. This is not a sticker issue.

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 8:48 am 

I see! Sorry for the misunderstanding on my part. Thanks for clarifying.

Sent from my RMX2111 using Tapatalk