Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2022 7:12 am 

Hi,
Now before you go and flame me on this”read the link on top of page” I read that
The problem is I don’t want to spend ten plus minutes per pic to be able to post a picture. I would like to know of a simple and free app that can resize without losing quality of image oh I tried paint as well on windows with unacceptable results
Sorry I’m old now and just want to take a photo on my iPhone, resize then post. I could also make account on a site, and use the link to post. But I would rather have the image posted here
As in if I post a pic you can see without having too redirect to some other site to see it
Call me lazy but looking for the easiest and fastest way to post pictures
Thanks

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2022 7:30 am 

I have been using Tapatalk for forums for many years... Not the best App for this purpose, but better than use browsers on the small screens...

Use Tapatalk to add picture is easy, and it can also allow you to use your other gallery apps in the phone to access and pickup pictures to upload at the way you used to.

And if pictures size too big, it will bring up options for you to reduce the size (3 different sizes for you to choose with one tap) before uploading.

For a balance between quality, pixel and file size, I usually change size to medium about 1000px on longer side of the picture and keep the scale as original.

(below one changed to 979x443, original was 3916x1774)

The only bad for using Tapatalk to upload picture is the app won't add a hard return for you between the picture link and the last letter of your input before inserting the picture.

So if you upload multiple pictures and in different sizes, when reading the post from a computer or browser, it could looks a bit messy... If you remember or OCD, you can return to modify the post after posted to organize it by adding a line between the picture and the last sentence... Just like this one, I added inputs and a line above the picture by the 2nd time editing...

FWB300SU#Tau-7#IZH-46M#FWB-65#CP88-C
~Target~
HW 30s/35e/97k/40+Extender/P3+Scope/70#CZ200s Laminated@10fpe#AA ProSport-177@12fpe

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2022 7:56 am 

Thank you :D

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2022 8:29 am 

Oh~ and just realized that my experience is based on Android (different model of phones and also Tapatalk Free and the paid Pro version that I am using now) only and very limited on Apple devices... Anyway, you can give it a try and see if it's also usable at the Apple side too...

FWB300SU#Tau-7#IZH-46M#FWB-65#CP88-C
~Target~
HW 30s/35e/97k/40+Extender/P3+Scope/70#CZ200s Laminated@10fpe#AA ProSport-177@12fpe

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2022 8:42 am 

I’ll give it a try

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2022 11:00 am 

easiest way is the built-in forum software, The forum software limit is three photos per post and the size of the image
is also limited.

Step 1. Place your photo where you can easily navigate to it on your computer or device; then create a new post and type your message.

Step 2. Click Choose File. Navigate to the image on your computer and double-click on it. Its name will appear beside Choose File.

Step 3. Click Add the File. The file will upload and the name will appear in the Attachments area just below this message box.

Step 4. Repeat to add up to two more photos (three is the limit).

Step 5. Put your text cursor at the end of a line in your message you want a photo to follow; Hit Return to create a blank line. Leave the text cursor in that spot.

Step 6. From the drop-down menu list of your attachments. select the photo you want to place at this spot and click Place Inline. A text "Attachment" notation will appear. Repeat for any remaining attachments.

Step 7. Select Preview to review your post (with image(s) shown in place) before hitting submit.

Attachments:
CAF Uploader.jpg
CAF Uploader.jpg [ 160.58 KiB | Viewed 941 times ]

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2022 11:51 am 

Armoredshell wrote:
Hi,
I would like to know of a simple and free app that can resize without losing quality of image oh I tried paint as well on windows with unacceptable results

I use Microsoft Office Picture Manager, it resizes to some preset values, or you can set your own size, i generally find 800-900px wide x whatever depth to keep aspect ratio works.

if you don't have picture manager, just get your pic up on screen, zoom in to get the part you want to show, then use the windows snipping tool to capture the area you want, save as jpg and upload that file.

))))----//----------==

Iacio ergo sum

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2022 5:52 pm 

Thanks for all the help appreciate it

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2022 6:18 pm 

I just use the inforum system and upload straight from my Computer.
The lone below this window: Click on "Browse" go to the location of the file/picture and double click on it.
To add more pictures to that post, click on "preview", then repeat clicking on "Browse", the double clicking on the
picture, then Preview again if another picture is needed. This works for me. I'm not very computer literate.

"If you wish to attach one or more files enter the details below.
Filename --------------Browse

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 11:25 pm 

I avoid direct photo sharing to bulletin boards.
The reason for that is, once the hard drive fails on my machine, there's nothing retrievable.

Most of the images I post here are through the imgur site, which is very easy to use.
The photo's I placed there tend to stay.
It's re-sizing option is one of the best of the free photo sites.

For most b/b posting, a height of 530 seems to work the best.

Sample here:

That is not too bad of an image.
Taken with my sister's Sammy S-8.

For those wondering, it's a BSA Meteor wearing a crappy little branded Ruger 4 X 32mm scope.

-D.S.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 1:27 am 

irfanview

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 6:29 pm 

I love my meteor :D