Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:11 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2022 6:03 pm 

I’ve been looking for an alternative to the uncomfortable chaser stock, so when I saw this at airgun archery(AA) I thought I’d give it a go. I have never dealt with 3D printed upgrades before so I wasn’t sure what I was getting into. First, the parts came extremely well packed from AA. I watched the video for installation instructions as per the link on AA.
As per the video I had to sand the buffer tube to achieve a nice tight fit. The trigger frame required lots of tweaking to get it to fit properly. The rear pin on the trigger was too long to fit so I ground it down.it still wouldn’t fit, so I used a magic marker to identify where the frame was hitting.Then I used a dremel with a small stone to remove just enough material to get it to fit. The fitting of the trigger housing took about a 1/2hour.
The 3D printing is quite good, with just a bit of a rough spot inside the trigger guard. I smoothed that out carefully with the dremel then coloured it with black sharpie(you can’t even notice it now).
Once the fitting mods were done it went together easily. There was a warning about over tightening the grip so be aware.
The grip is kinda cheap but it works, I’m gonna check out Epps this week to upgrade to a magpul grip.
After taking my first shot I couldn’t believe how well it felt, this kit has brought new life to my chaser. While it’s always been a fun shooter it’s now at the next level. I added a foregrip/bypod which I had from a Ruger SR22 I used to have, a red dot, and a laser. This is the ultimate ratter now.

Pros- looks great,functions great,AR grips are upgradable, pieces are sold separately

Cons- kinda pricey at $147.20+shipping for full kit(short pic rail for chaser), expect to modify the AR trigger frame to fit (it’s not difficult to do,just take your time.)

I really like this kit,I would recommend it.
Just a note,none of the modifications you’ll need to make, compromise the integrity of the trigger frame.

Attachments:
F58A6503-B672-4382-8DD9-3F0D7CDDAE86.jpeg
F58A6503-B672-4382-8DD9-3F0D7CDDAE86.jpeg [ 689.19 KiB | Viewed 575 times ]
524CF43A-8E92-4AE5-8D49-C589D615CBD0.jpeg
524CF43A-8E92-4AE5-8D49-C589D615CBD0.jpeg [ 715.34 KiB | Viewed 575 times ]