Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:40 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2022 5:03 pm 

mkca wrote:
paddyfritz wrote:
In John Tory's Toronto?. I would not want to be the test case. The lawyer bill will not be cheap.

Did you see the replies from the Minister for Public Safety and the Attorney General here? https://petitions.ourcommons.ca/en/Peti ... ion=e-3201

Looks like maybe we'll be able to use existing air gun replicas but won't be able to buy new/sell/transfer. It is still terrible but if it is true, it is a least something. Should we stock pile while we still can?

I would not believe anything they say. They are proven liars. Trudeau is intent on banning them, and I would expect them to table this again soon. If you are wanting to have them, it's now or never.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2022 5:17 pm 

I agree with you. I' ordering a couple of pieces today. Let's hope for the best though...

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2022 3:39 am 

mkca wrote:
paddyfritz wrote:
In John Tory's Toronto?. I would not want to be the test case. The lawyer bill will not be cheap.

Did you see the replies from the Minister for Public Safety and the Attorney General here? https://petitions.ourcommons.ca/en/Peti ... ion=e-3201

Looks like maybe we'll be able to use existing air gun replicas but won't be able to buy new/sell/transfer. It is still terrible but if it is true, it is a least something. Should we stock pile while we still can?

More than terrible. No future ownership of those air guns, no value to them. Anyway did you see the other quote?
"The Government is confident that manufacturers will respond to these provisions by adjusting designs, and that airgun users will continue to have access to new models with full functionality. "

I am not so confident that the small Canadian market will be incentive, but perhaps I am wrong.

Not sure how you will continue because I thought they were classed prohibited.

They are saying what you want to hear. Not necessarily what will be after the bill and then too the statements can change and insist on the "letter of the law" once passed. ........Too bad, so sad, BUT we needed................

Do you know those ministers decided they did not like what was happening with handguns before they could complete the democratic legislative procedure on the new Bill so they thought long and hard and decided Minister Joli could insist import permits for handguns will be required now. Then at the same press announcement stated that they also decided no permits will be allowed to be issued. Is that ethical? Is that an honest government at work? Permits required, we won't issue permits! And then smile about how smart you are to do this!!
They do not like others finding loopholes in laws but they are proud they found one.

hypocrite - a person who professes beliefs and opinions that he or she does not hold in order to conceal his or her real feelings or motives

Here is my experience with the word of government officials. A piece of valuable land was donated to a Regional District in BC with the condition it be kept as a park. Years later it has been sold. There is a piece of land(Large) that was left by another family as long as it was used related to equestrian type stuff. The racetrack is being bulldozed now and a rec building put up. No more equestrian related sports but the town of Vernon has the land! When there are no family members left or non with deep pockets to go to court the current officials win. Same as a statement by a previous Minister. Their word MAY be good while they are there.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2022 6:21 am 

Liberals: they can alter the design so it is not an exact replica.
RCMP: it's an AR15 variant.
Public: it's a CO2 powered pistol.
RCMP: AR15.
Liberals: don't blame us, the RCMP did it.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2022 3:13 pm 

Like others have said, since we will still be allowed to keep them, if there any any you would really want - but them while you still can.

"I went to god just to see, and I was looking at me" - Marilyn Manson, "The Reflecting God" (1996).

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2022 3:40 pm 

Like Blair said: "we chose the wording very carefully".
Notice also they use the words "to include variants" was used.

Webster's Dictionary showing 38 Synonyms for "Variants":

variations
mutations
deviations
mutants
aberrations
anomalies
abnormalities
irregularities
malformations
exceptions
abominations
rarities
differences
monstrosities
inconsistencies
miscreations
disparities
errors
oddities
monsters
mistakes
peculiarities
rare birds
freaks
anathemas
singularities
inconsistences
wonders
exotics
prodigies
marvels
rarae aves
rara avises
objets
curios
oddments
curiosities
objets d'art

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2023 11:20 am 

I'm expecting the ban on sales, import and transfer of ownership of replica air(soft) pistols will go ahead this year. After the Liberal climb down on their amendment recently, I doubt they will want to have another media story about how the proposed law is further toned down. And let's face it the hobby just doesn't have the amount of voting power for the Liberal / NDP coalition to see this as an incentive to change their proposals. So with that in mind, I've become a replica air pistol hoarder, and intend to buy anything and everything that's on my wish list before the end of June 2023.