Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Mon Mar 27, 2023 2:36 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2022 9:41 pm 

CeeDee wrote:
paddyfritz wrote:
https://youtu.be/gPULuNfb5dA

I can’t believe he actually said that!

All they do is lie, and make strange rambling, off topic statements.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2022 9:50 pm 

CeeDee wrote:
paddyfritz wrote:
https://youtu.be/gPULuNfb5dA

I can’t believe he actually said that!

Off topic but look up the statement made by Liberal MP Pam Damoff in the house about the power of vaginas. Yes really.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2022 5:59 am 

Kind of ironic that the gov. just announced the legalization of hard drugs...
- Because prohibition doesn't work :roll:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2022 6:47 am 

sillymike wrote:
Kind of ironic that the gov. just announced the legalization of hard drugs...
- Because prohibition doesn't work :roll:
Yep... Read that already... Insane, couldn't believe, definitely non sense.... If in China, keeping such amount of hard drugs will be sent to be executed for no excuse.

You can take drugs, drunk (LCBO is always essential service, even in the worst pandemic time)... But keeping, shooting a BB gun will be prohibited... So stupid... No even mention I working hard everyday and get as much as those never need to work, want to work....

6mm AW-Custom Z-Killer DE
~Competitors~
FWB300SU
Tau-7/IZH-46M/FWB-65/CP88
~Target~
HW 30s/35e/97k
CZ200s Laminated @ 10fpe
AA ProSport 177 @ 12fpe
HW 40+Extender/Scoped P3/70/75

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2022 8:08 am 

Wow getting way off topic here

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2022 8:26 am 

LOL~ sorry about that~

6mm AW-Custom Z-Killer DE
~Competitors~
FWB300SU
Tau-7/IZH-46M/FWB-65/CP88
~Target~
HW 30s/35e/97k
CZ200s Laminated @ 10fpe
AA ProSport 177 @ 12fpe
HW 40+Extender/Scoped P3/70/75

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2022 8:30 am 

lauchlin wrote:
Wow getting way off topic here

People are trying. General chatter about how off the rails the government has become. Gun control is a symptom of that.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2022 10:49 am 

I don't know how this is ever going to work as the CFO is now totally unable to have a live person answer the telephone. I have been trying to ascertain the status of my PAL renewal (expires July 14/22) which was mailed to them on April 9/22 and received by them on April 13/22. I've been calling them for 3 days and just get telephone robots, and sometimes I'm not even allowed to hold. They simply say too busy - unprecedented number of calls.

Good luck to anyone trying to sell/buy a firearm!

Bill

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2022 11:01 am 

Erie-Eyes wrote:
I don't know how this is ever going to work as the CFO is now totally unable to have a live person answer the telephone. I have been trying to ascertain the status of my PAL renewal (expires July 14/22) which was mailed to them on April 9/22 and received by them on April 13/22. I've been calling them for 3 days and just get telephone robots, and sometimes I'm not even allowed to hold. They simply say too busy - unprecedented number of calls.

Bill

If they got your renewal on time, you don't really need to worry about it. The backlog is about 6 months.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2022 11:41 am 

paddyfritz wrote:
From the CCFR today:
In Ottawa yesterday evening, using the prestigious Chateau Laurier hotel as a backdrop, Justin Trudeau gathered a group of anti gun activists and Liberal Ministers to deliver a massive sucker punch to the Canadians firearm community and industry. The usual smug non-answers followed the press conference as journalists tried to make sense of the outright assault on legal handgun owners.

So what's in the bill? Let's review:

Handgun "Freeze": Rather than opting for the provincial or municipal handgun bans he promised in a variety of election campaigns, Trudeau announced a "freeze" on the sale, transfer, import and buying of legal handguns in Canada.

The Federal Liberals state they hope to have this in place by the fall of 2022, but it needs to follow the democratic process. In the meantime, we suggest that you go handgun shopping immediately.

If you are having trouble finding stock of the model(s) you are interested in, consider using our Business Member Directory to find retailers you may not be aware of.

The far-reaching implications of this is that we are one generation away from the end of handgun sports. IPSC, IDPA, Cowboy Action, many other dynamic shooting genres will die with us. The next generation, nor any new shooters, will ever be able to buy a handgun for sport shooting if this receives royal assent.

The old Bill C-21 brought back: most of the legislation seems to be a rebirth of the old C-21 from the last parliamentary session, minus the provision for a provincial handgun ban (for obvious reasons), and the codifying of the mandatory "buyback" for the guns banned back in May of 2020.

Domestic Violence: A new provision added makes anyone who has a restraining order against them, or a domestic violence charge, unable to acquire a PAL, and those who already have them will have it revoked. I think all Canadians can agree, we don't want violent abusers to have guns, but without clarification on qualifiers, this measure is easily open to abuse. Watch for more on this at the committee stage.

Evergreening of Classifications: The new C-21 has a built-in provision that will make it very difficult for future government's to reclassify prohibited firearms. Of course, nothing is impossible, but it will require a great deal of encouragement. Restricted certificates would also "expire" upon reclassification of firearms, denying gun owners the opportunity for a Section 74 challenge.

Mag dump: Minister Mendicino said that he will be tabling regulations to ensure that no long gun magazine can ever accommodate more than the legal limit of cartridges, regardless of caliber or action. They've also added a new criminal code offence for modifying a magazine - solving a problem that doesn't exist.

Red/Yellow Flags: Again, another set of measures that already exist. Law Enforcement has the full weight of their power to seize and remove firearms already, but this appeases a group of under-informed women's groups and anti gun lobbyists.

Airsoft Ban: We were almost surprised to see the resurrection of airsoft bans brought back into the new C-21. This has nothing to do with public safety, and everything to do with ideology. Liberals obviously don't want people "playing" gun related games. They are attacking our culture at every level.

The CCFR will vigorously oppose this bill.

Now real gang bad-ass will cheering for the new bill as they could do whatever they want thereafter and legal citizens will not stand a chance to against them. Anti-gun groups just doesn't see that if a bad guy want get any weapons, including guns, they can always get them. And politicians just want to gather more vote tickets from those people, as they know majority of our people is neutral and will not say no if they tried to ban guns (and they are also OK for not banning guns).
And just in my opinion, people injected with drugs are more dangerous as they may do anything once out of control and yet liberals made it legal for weed and tend to loose up for other drugs.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:18 pm 

Shooting Edge said yesterday, that they had a 6 hour lineup. What if the Libs are working with the gunshops? Gunshop calls up Turdeau and says that their gun sales are down. Turdeau says, “no problem. I gotcha.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bruce Lee

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2022 2:41 pm 

Our dear leader says that he is not punishing us... I'm not sure that I don't feel punished, I am sure that I feel harassed and persecuted and I sure as hell don't feel rewarded, valued, or understood.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2022 3:59 pm 

Erie-Eyes wrote:

Bill

Well they did announce that they did not expect that this announcement would lead to a surge in handgun purchases.... mission accomplished!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2022 4:08 pm 

lauchlin wrote:
Quote:
in spite of habitually claiming (ad nauseum) that "it's what Canadians want" every time he bungles something

I absolutely hate it when he repeatedly claims this total BS on every thing not just gun control ..........

And please guy's keep it civil thank you .............

Ditto ... and consider this also ... he is equally fond of the phrase "I've/we've got your back". I vet the sincerity of that ubiquitous statement by contemplating whether I would ever go into battle with him .. and invariably it is an emphatic no .. I'd have to keep looking over my shoulder to see if he had cut and run, lol.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2022 4:41 pm 

Ron G. wrote:
lauchlin wrote:
Quote:
in spite of habitually claiming (ad nauseum) that "it's what Canadians want" every time he bungles something

I absolutely hate it when he repeatedly claims this total BS on every thing not just gun control ..........

And please guy's keep it civil thank you .............

Ditto ... and consider this also ... he is equally fond of the phrase "I've/we've got your back". I vet the sincerity of that ubiquitous statement by contemplating whether I would ever go into battle with him .. and invariably it is an emphatic no .. I'd have to keep looking over my shoulder to see if he had cut and run, lol.

Cough frag cough.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next