Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:35 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Legends P08 troubles
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2022 8:40 pm 

This pistol (full blow back version) has been a problem since day one. It will fire off maybe 2 to 4 bbs before jamming, with two bbs trying to load at the same time. I have to pull the clip, clear the jam, then fire off maybe 2 or three more before it jams again. I can't figure out the feed mechanism and am loathe to take it apart. Is this a common problem with this model? Anyone else have this happen? Whats the solution?
JD

Post subject: Re: Legends P08 troubles
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2022 9:28 pm 

JayDee24ca wrote:
This pistol (full blow back version) has been a problem since day one. It will fire off maybe 2 to 4 bbs before jamming, with two bbs trying to load at the same time. I have to pull the clip, clear the jam, then fire off maybe 2 or three more before it jams again. I can't figure out the feed mechanism and am loathe to take it apart. Is this a common problem with this model? Anyone else have this happen? Whats the solution?
JD

I didn't have that problem with P08. Try to field strip it first to see what might be wrong, it field strips very easy as a real one. Also take a close look at the magazine, make sure that follower moves smoothly.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2022 11:53 pm 

By "follower" do you mean the magazine spring? It is fine, and does not hang up at all. My m712 magazine hung up a lot, but I took care of that. The P08 just tries to load two at a time, and one bb gets pushed aside and jams the trigger mechanism.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2022 8:56 am 

JayDee24ca wrote:
By "follower" do you mean the magazine spring? It is fine, and does not hang up at all. My m712 magazine hung up a lot, but I took care of that. The P08 just tries to load two at a time, and one bb gets pushed aside and jams the trigger mechanism.

Yes, magazine has a knob for easy loading so if you feel any slight resistance or uneven pressure when you move it up and down - it might cause problems. Then I would inspect magazine lips which hold bb in place, maybe they are cracked or wore out a little. I think that maybe gun loads one BB in the barrel, but after it shots and slide goes back, next BB pops out from magazine and jams it. So something probably is worn out or doesn't sit tight.
You can probably try it without CO2 just cycling slide manually and use wooden stick to remove BB from barrel : )
Also I would take off slide with barrel and inspect part which pushes BB in the barrel for any irregularities. Good test would be to use different magazine to see if it magazine or slide issues.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2022 3:59 pm 

I stripped the gun, and found a couple of very high wear points in the sliding frame. I used a bit of grease and Balistol to smooth things. It seems to shoot quite a bit better. I, too, suspect the clip itself, so I have ordered a replacement clip to see it it works any better for me. Boy, this gun is a real gas hog!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2022 10:05 pm 

Good tips i love the crosman ak