Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 2:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 4:27 pm 

All the talk about Duct Seal prompted me to go clean up my pellet trap. I started picking out "groups" of squished pellets, got out maybe 500 worth, then stopped to realize I have about ten times that much in there, and it's time for some new stuff. So, off I went to Home Depot to get some of their cheap duct seal. i was surprised to see the GB stuff looked small compered to the old Iberville Duct Seal I bought, gosh 10 yrs ago. The GB is dark gray vs light gray for Iberville, and GB is quite a bit cheaper (at HD, vs HH or other retailers Iberville is as high as $5/lb.) Both packages say 1lb, and the GB is shorter and fatter than the Iberville, but of course you can squish it down to match. I used up my old stuff and added the new GB to it. Should be good for another 10 yrs now... Here is a pictorial:
The interior of the trap is 12" high and 8" deep. I used 3 Iberville and 3 GB sticks, roughly 1" deep
-I just smushed it on top of the old stuff which I made pretty flat.

Attachments:
New Ductseal.jpg
New Ductseal.jpg [ 96.68 KiB | Viewed 475 times ]

))))----//----------==

Iacio, ergo sum

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:53 pm 

Price of everything just jumps high... Remember I bought my duct seal for 2$ or 3$ / lbs (or say brick) about 4, 5 years ago... However I found some free supply of duct seal and I really don't need much from years to years... The higher new price won't affect me too much...

Never notice the brand name... But it's dark grey in color...

FWB300SU#Tau-7#IZH-46M#FWB-65#CP88-C
~Target~
HW 30s/35e/97k/40+Extender/P3+Scope/70#CZ200s Laminated@10fpe#AA ProSport-177@12fpe

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 11:27 pm 
Site Moderator

Most of the duct seal in my old pellet trap is 22 years old. I lose a bit each time I clean out the trap so I try to keep a bar on hand to patch big holes. The old duct seal still functions fine but it's not as fresh looking as new stuff. It stiffens up a little but remains like a heavy-duty putty. My old trap has probably seen over 50,000 pellets.