Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2023 12:50 pm 

paddyfritz wrote:
Headdamage wrote:
Worst case if they go forward with this and I don't like the money they offer I'll strip them for parts and deactivate the receivers myself.

They plan on taking them first, and figuring out the money later.

That is what I see coming as well. "They" are not going to go door to door and accept verbiage from you that "the Gvt. isn't offering enough money, so go away, I'll deactivate them myself".
Were I the officer ordered to enter that house and confiscate prohibited firearms and someone met me at the door with rifle in hand and saying no, you cannot have it, there would be trouble,
likely starting with a taser & handcuffs or having a gun shoved in your face with an order to "get on the ground NOW!". This is a VERY difficult "scenario" to decipher. I am at a loss. On the other hand, if there are no prohibited firearms in your home, bingo.
I can see them likely going to the doors of P.A.L. holders first & demanding to inspect your storage facility & there, "searching for anything on the list".

Hate to play the devil here, but it is a VERY sensitive topic.

Roger Kotanco had a handgun that he was either working on or inspecting, in his hand - so says the policeman who shot him.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2023 1:00 pm 

The amnesty has not passed, and there are a number of lawsuits before the courts now, so I don't think they can just seize them YET.
Alberta was allowed to join the CCFR lawsuit by the judge today.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2023 3:11 pm 

Cool! Not sure what they can and cannot do.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2023 7:16 pm 

paddyfritz wrote:
Planning stage only at this time. They want you to call and tell them you have them, then have someone pick them up, destroy them, and then pay you sometime down the road. Do you trust them to pay you?.

Attachment:
Screenshot 2022-07-28 at 16-45-44 Instagram.png

Short answer NO, over my dead and lifeless body !

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2023 11:02 pm 

You can legally deactivate them yourself, it doesn't have to be a gunsmith but you do need to be sure you do it right.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2023 2:51 am 

I guess We'll see what happens, but last I heard the amnesty was good until October 2023?

"I went to god just to see, and I was looking at me" - Marilyn Manson, "The Reflecting God" (1996).

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2023 3:35 am 

Daryl wrote:
paddyfritz wrote:
Headdamage wrote:
Worst case if they go forward with this and I don't like the money they offer I'll strip them for parts and deactivate the receivers myself.

They plan on taking them first, and figuring out the money later.

That is what I see coming as well. "They" are not going to go door to door and accept verbiage from you that "the Gvt. isn't offering enough money, so go away, I'll deactivate them myself".
Were I the officer ordered to enter that house and confiscate prohibited firearms and someone met me at the door with rifle in hand and saying no, you cannot have it, there would be trouble,
likely starting with a taser & handcuffs or having a gun shoved in your face with an order to "get on the ground NOW!". This is a VERY difficult "scenario" to decipher. I am at a loss. On the other hand, if there are no prohibited firearms in your home, bingo.
I can see them likely going to the doors of P.A.L. holders first & demanding to inspect your storage facility & there, "searching for anything on the list".

Hate to play the devil here, but it is a VERY sensitive topic.

Roger Kotanco had a handgun that he was either working on or inspecting, in his hand - so says the policeman who shot him.

Roger Kotanco is a martyr, I hope there will be no more... :|

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2023 5:38 pm 

At this point, appears The Gvt. may be backing down on it's confiscation start on PEI.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/gun-buyba ... _content=1

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2023 6:09 pm 

Marco Mendicino as also said any gun with a military history could be on the block for a ban.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2023 7:34 pm 

Like I said before, I'm willing to bet this whole thing will fall flat.....One has to wonder, is this a smokescreen to pass/hide something else without us knowing?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2023 7:42 pm 

Well, they did apply for 2 billion $$ to buy shares in a company that does not exist. Being called to the carpet by the Senate on that and refuse to
answer questions - just a lot of nonsensical verbiage that they have to move quickly because the Americans are or might, or something? Were asked again
why the funds for a company that doesn't exist, then they repeated about having to hurry because the Americans were.
Sent this to a friend and he said sounds like a 2 Billion Dollar slush fund.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2023 7:45 pm 

Daryl wrote:
Well, they did apply for 2 billion $$ to buy shares in a company that does not exist. Being called to the carpet by the Senate on that and refuse to
answer questions - just a lot of nonsensical verbiage that they have to move quickly because the Americans are or might, or something? Were asked again
why the funds for a company that doesn't exist, then they repeated about having to hurry because the Americans were.
Sent this to a friend and he said sounds like a 2 Billion Dollar slush fund.

Of course it is.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2023 7:51 pm 

paddyfritz wrote:
Marco Mendicino as also said any gun with a military history could be on the block for a ban.

That they include single shot rifles, & not just one make or model - how do "Variants" of those fit into it? "Mauser Sporters" are named
along with the 1908 Brazilian Mauser. What about the Argentinian Mauser, German 98 Mauser, Swedish Mausers? Parker Hale, Remingtons, Winchesters,
Sako, Husqvarna - Weatherby Mark V's are named, about 5 to 7 of them - calibres are not listed? The WTBY Mark 5 is about a $2,500.00 Rifle today.
How many of those are "on the streets?"
Virtually every bolt action sporting rifle is on the block, not just military rifles or rifles that have a "military background". What's a variant of a military backgound?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2023 8:44 pm 

Daryl wrote:
paddyfritz wrote:

That they include single shot rifles, & not just one make or model - how do "Variants" of those fit into it? "Mauser Sporters" are named
along with the 1908 Brazilian Mauser. What about the Argentinian Mauser, German 98 Mauser, Swedish Mausers? Parker Hale, Remingtons, Winchesters,
Sako, Husqvarna - Weatherby Mark V's are named, about 5 to 7 of them - calibres are not listed? The WTBY Mark 5 is about a $2,500.00 Rifle today.
How many of those are "on the streets?"
Virtually every bolt action sporting rifle is on the block, not just military rifles or rifles that have a "military background". What's a variant of a military backgound?

They will leave it to the RCMP to list them all as variants after they pass it. Since all the Mauser based bolts are similar, they will call them all variants.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6