Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:03 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Hello from Mississauga
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2022 4:37 pm 

Hello, I played a lot airsoft when was a kid and recently back to the shooting hobby.
With the media coverage/discussion on bill C-21 & handgun freeze, I finally registered PAL and RPAL course and look forward to owning firearm and high power airgun ( maybe because of the rebellion inside me or in case the regulation gets more restrict).

I got a Crosman F11 NP air rifle (.22 Cal. 495 Fps. w/ 3-9x32 Scop) during covid lockdown for backyard small games. It's super reliable and accurate. I enjoyed a lot and want to upgrade to the Stoeger xm1 once get my PAL. I'm selling my Crosman F11 if anyone is interested.
Since last month, I purchased Crosman SNR 357 revolver, Crosman DPMS SBR, and Umarex Beretta M92. I had so much fun and the Full-Auto button is indeed a happiness switch. I mounted the DPMS a red dot scope and ordered a "spit fire" suppressor for it. Also, I'm thinking to buy Umarex HK USP, since it's the pistol that I used when playing CS 1.6 when I was a kid.

I found this forum during weekend and want to say hi to everyone. Happiness is doubled when you share it.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2022 6:38 pm 

Welcome to the forums lelouchwjp. Lots to read and plenty of good advice to be had here.

I am new here, like you and also in Mississauga. Moving to the country Q2 next year. At that time I will probably register for a PAL. I agree that with bill C21 and covid, the license with take longer and be harder to get.

I haven't felt the need for speed, just yet. I had a Daisy bb when I was a kid, haven't tried airsoft.

Perhaps if you chat with YepYep and Dukemeister you'll see there is plenty of power to be had sub-PAL until your license is approved.

Good luck with your quickly expanding collection.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2022 7:07 pm 

Welcome!

So many good memories while you mentioned the CS~ I was a fan of it too! However I switched to COD as it gives me much more different game modes...

I got some replicas, including some names you mentioned above! And few years ago, I found that the greater accuracy from the non-replicas looks more rewarding to me, I shoot the real air guns more and only collect the others...

通过我的 SM-G988W 上的 Tapatalk发言

FWB300SU#Tau-7#IZH-46M#FWB-65#CP88-C
~Target~
HW 30s/35e/97k/40+Extender/P3+Scope/70#CZ200s Laminated@10fpe#AA ProSport-177@12fpe

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2022 7:34 pm 

YepYep wrote:
Welcome!

So many good memories while you mentioned the CS~ I was a fan of it too! However I switched to COD as it gives me much more different game modes...

I got some replicas, including some names you mentioned above! And few years ago, I found that the greater accuracy from the non-replicas looks more rewarding to me, I shoot the real air guns more and only collect the others...

通过我的 SM-G988W 上的 Tapatalk发言

Lol, I played COD today. Great minds.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2022 4:31 pm 

Corelli wrote:
Welcome to the forums lelouchwjp. Lots to read and plenty of good advice to be had here.

I am new here, like you and also in Mississauga. Moving to the country Q2 next year. At that time I will probably register for a PAL. I agree that with bill C21 and covid, the license with take longer and be harder to get.

I haven't felt the need for speed, just yet. I had a Daisy bb when I was a kid, haven't tried airsoft.

Perhaps if you chat with YepYep and Dukemeister you'll see there is plenty of power to be had sub-PAL until your license is approved.

Good luck with your quickly expanding collection.

Thank you Corelli! Appreciate your advice, I’ll definitely check out. Have fun shooting in the country! :D 8)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2023 10:20 pm 

Hi, I am also new here and I also have an Crosman SNR357. It is more powerful than my Umarex SAA. Loud and fun to shoot!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2023 6:00 am 

Hi guys, may I suggest you all take a look at the Field Target section of this forum. We are looking to grow our sport and you sound like the kind of people we are looking for to grow our ranks. you will meet lots of like minded people. Who will be happy to see you and show you our sport. Lots of interesting people and full spectrum of equipment to see and enjoy. First time you shoot is free. All info is in that section. But if you have any questions just shoot me a pm and I will be happy to help you out. A whole community of airgunners are waiting to meet you. :D

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2023 11:50 am 

Welcome. I couldn't help notice you said you took or registered for an R-PAL course. Since about all restricted firearms are
now prohibited now, what's the point? Am I missing something? Looking towards a future where they may be reinstated as restricted?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2023 1:38 pm 

Welcome fellow Mississaugan :)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2023 4:37 pm 

Daryl wrote:
Welcome. I couldn't help notice you said you took or registered for an R-PAL course. Since about all restricted firearms are
now prohibited now, what's the point? Am I missing something? Looking towards a future where they may be reinstated as restricted?

PAL airguns you can buy in Canada are restricted only, not prohibited. I would certainly advise anyone interested, or may be in the future, in PAL airguns to take the course.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2023 4:44 pm 

LOL~ this is really an old post already but do have good content inside~

Yeah! The courses are great to take~

And by the way I want to ask the OP, did you already get the plastic card and enjoying the higher power airguns now?

FWB300SU#Tau-7#IZH-46M#FWB-65#CP88-C
~Target~
HW 30s/35e/97k/40+Extender/P3+Scope/70#CZ200s Laminated@10fpe#AA ProSport-177@12fpe