Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:14 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Any math wizzards?
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 4:39 pm 

If my analogue watch shows the date as 25, and today is Oct 14 2022 when was the last month and year the watch showed the correct date.

))))----//----------==

Iacio ergo sum

Post subject: Re: Any math wizzards?
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 5:21 pm 

Assuming your watch shows the date as 25th, it might have stopped running properly on the 25th September, 2022.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 6:59 pm 

So to add some more info, watch is an eco drive and is still running, the time is correct.
I recovered it on a dive site, and am trying to determine how long it's been lost underwater.

))))----//----------==

Iacio ergo sum

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 7:04 pm 
Supporting Members

Eco-drive will stop running if not exposed to light......when you retrieved it, it started charging again. So it could be any time in the past really......

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 7:24 pm 

No, recovered face up on shallow reef. Time is correct, some encrustation and minor rusting of steel pins. I expect no more th han a year or two submerged, but the math may tell.
Of course it's possible that the time is a fluke because every stopped analog watch is correct twice s day. :D :D

))))----//----------==

Iacio ergo sum

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 11:35 pm 

Well, from the 25th to the 14th, on a watch with a 31 day calendar, is 20 days.... A year of 31 day months would be 372 days, but there is 365 (or 366) days in a year, so if there are no Leap Years involved, each year you would have to set the watch forward a day a total of 7 times (but only 6 times in a Leap Year).... Without Leap Years, that works out to (20 / 7) = just under 3 years.... (September, April, June and November one day each, plus 3 days for February).... However, 2020 was a Leap Year (February had 29 days), so you need to go back another month, a total of 21 months before October 2022.... That would be October, 2019....

Proof is you would have to set the watch forward (7 x 2 + 6 x 1) = 20 days for 2 years plus a Leap Year.... Since the watch is 20 days behind, that is 3 years (including 1 Leap Year).... which means October, 2019....

Bob

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2022 12:47 am 

LOL- I was WRONG?????????????????????
LOL

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2022 7:28 am 

rsterne wrote:
.... which means October, 2019....

Bob

Thanks Bob, I'm not going to even check your math!
I'll post a pic when I get back home.
:drinkers:

))))----//----------==

Iacio ergo sum

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2022 11:02 am 

My wife spotted it and I dove it up from the reef, and she wasted no time (pun) cleaning off the encrustation. It was all there and works as it should, the connector and pin were even attached, and the bent pin is clearly the cause of it sinking.
I see that the date is now about to change from the 26 to 27 and its approaching noon on Oct 16.
It was found in a tourist resort in the Caribbean, so Oct 2019 would be reasonable date given Covid had put a halt to vacation travel shortly after that, there have been very few people on the reef since. Also, who know what time zone the "owner" (I hate to use the word loser, but hey - someone lost it, eh) was from. So, the forensics are definitely questionable as Notec noted it could have stopped and then started when I recovered it, and the owner may not have adjusted the date properly.
Almost a year to the date, my wife found a smart watch (brand new) in a parking lot - It showed the last time it had taken a heart reading and sleep monitoring and we deduced it had been lost 2 days prior. The pin was still in the band but, as with the divers watch, had slipped out of the watch case.
In any event, I have a new watch!
:drinkers:

Attachments:
Pirates treasure.jpg
Pirates treasure.jpg [ 107.5 KiB | Viewed 423 times ]

))))----//----------==

Iacio ergo sum

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2022 4:59 pm 

That's truly a good treasure hunt ~ [emoji38]

FWB300SU#Tau-7#IZH-46M#FWB-65#CP88-C
~Target~
HW 30s/35e/97k/40+Extender/P3+Scope/70#CZ200s Laminated@10fpe#AA ProSport-177@12fpe