Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:54 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2022 9:44 pm 

https://spencerfernando.com/2022/10/21/ ... ndgun-ban/

Webley Viscount .177
Crossman 1377 Classic Pump .177
Diana Stormrider2 .22
Kral Mega Marine Walnut .22
Artemis PP750 .22
FX Streamline .22 walnut
FX Streamline .22 composite

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2022 11:12 pm 

What a surprise!.... :roll:

Bob

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2022 7:09 am 

:lol: I am curious as time goes on how there going to explain away gun violence that will not change if any thing it will just get worse............

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2022 7:27 am 

Normk wrote:
https://spencerfernando.com/2022/10/21/in-stunning-turn-of-events-criminals-dont-seem-to-be-complying-with-liberal-handgun-ban/
Good article and just tell the truth that what we are having under Liberal's 'treatment' to lower the cost of the criminals but punish our law-abiding good peoples.

FWB300SU#Tau-7#IZH-46M#FWB-65#CP88-C
~Target~
HW 30s/35e/97k/40+Extender/P3+Scope/70#CZ200s Laminated@10fpe#AA ProSport-177@12fpe

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2022 11:09 am 

i'm confuzzeled.
is this thing like law? now?

can i be selling sub500 air pistols at the local Flea Mkt,
again,
tomorrow,
like previous Sundays?

Tracey Wilson, CCFR

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2022 1:26 pm 

lauchlin wrote:
:lol: I am curious as time goes on how there going to explain away gun violence that will not change if any thing it will just get worse............

SIMPLE! It's not working well enough. We have to criminalize the owning of more legal guns even if they were never used in a crime. That will improve safety. Liberal logic 101.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2022 5:09 pm 
Site Moderator

But remember how the long arms registry helped reduce gun violence ...LOL. It sure cost Canadian taxpayers a lot of money and turned out to be a huge waste of time as well. I guess this new handgun ban will be the next lesson to learn. Maybe they should ban 3D printers so nobody can make ghost guns. Yah, that will work ...lol. Try a 3D printer registry first. Force those criminals to register their printers! Spend a billion on the project and then dump the bad idea. We should be buying up the 3D printers before they are all gone!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2022 7:57 am 

It's obvious that criminals will not be complying with the handgun ban -- not to mention other laws. It's hardly surprising. They wouldn't be criminals if they did.

But perhaps criminal compliance wasn't the immediate purpose of the handgun legislation.

Political actions -- whatever they may be -- are rarely simply in the best interests of constituents. As a reaction to a perceived problem, they are more likely to be taken in the political interests of the governing party. Constituents perceive a problem (gun violence); politicians in government react to serve their interests.

As a political response, doing something like banning handguns may have seemed better than doing nothing. (Whether or not it works is, of course, another issue.) To do nothing might have been considered a less attractive alternative.

Of course other political responses were and are possible.

As the owner of a number of handguns during the last decade, I ask the following: Is a repeal of a handgun ban going to be part of a campaign platform of any opposition party?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2022 9:13 am 

The government wants to be seen as "doing something", but often times it doesn't care if it is actually doing anything, as long as it can make people think it is.

"I went to god just to see, and I was looking at me" - Marilyn Manson, "The Reflecting God" (1996).

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2022 10:11 am 

Really I thought the hells angels would all turn there guns in :shock:
Talk about wishful stupid thinking
these type of laws do nothing but hurt honest people and make libs in there eyes at least look like they are doing something
JUST NUTS

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2022 3:08 pm 

Banning legal ownership of all guns is a winning pitch for the liberals.
They can make it sound like they are taking action to reduce crime and at the same time creating a trap for their political opponents.
If any politician suggests that a ban on legal gun ownership is not a good thing, the left will immediately paint them as being in favor of school shootings or the killings in Nova Scotia.
The liberals support is mostly in urban areas where most people have no exposure to legal gun ownership and think that anyone who has a gun is a menace to society so their message plays well.
The liberals do not care about anyone who does not vote for them so tough break to all the rural folks who are responsible gun owners.
Making gun policy an election issue will help the left and hurt the right. It does not matter if the policy helps to reduce crime, it is a about getting votes.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2022 8:40 pm 

i'm not in jail.

Tracey Wilson, CCFR

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2022 8:51 pm 

When they have finally banned all guns I'm not sure how they will explain where the crime guns come from.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2022 9:26 pm 
Site Moderator

Headdamage wrote:
When they have finally banned all guns I'm not sure how they will explain where the crime guns come from.

Some politicians manage to twist facts to support bad decisions. Something like this ...

We have eliminated the internal handgun problem within Canada and saved many lives as a result. The citizens and police are now safer because of our actions. However, we are now noticing a drastic increase in handguns being smuggled into our country. We will combat this threat by tightening up border security and taking further actions to make Canadians safe once again. We will continue to take actions to ensure your safety and well being.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2022 10:39 pm 

Pretty close. "In spite of this smuggling threat, we will continue to protect Canadians as we have always done in the past" "Your continued safety is of utmost importance to us."