Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:25 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Forest city surplus?
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2022 10:19 am 

I ran search on here but last post with forest was like 2016 are they still a good online dealer no problems ordering things ?

Post subject: Re: Forest city surplus?
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2022 12:54 pm 

Should you not contact them through their web site?
I would. They will tell you if they are still in business or not if they aren't.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2022 1:54 pm 

I guess my question was unclear
I meant has anyone had dealings with Forest lately I know they are in business and the past search on this forum indicates that they were very good to deal with Does that still hold true

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2022 4:38 pm 

Forest City and Deals are a division of KW Surplus, KW Surplus in Kitchener has been around for many many years. I remember the store 40 years ago. Best air rife I own was the Hatsan 35S from Deals. Bang on from the box for $149. Got it 6 years ago and only air rifle out of 15 that I never had to work on right out of the box. Shoots as good today as it did 6 years ago. 495 FPS for my indoor short range springer. CHEERS!

Went to store and see same gun is $179.95.
https://www.fcsurplus.ca/shopping/produ ... ir-rifles/

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2022 2:50 pm 

wheeliehd wrote:
Forest City and Deals are a division of KW Surplus, KW Surplus in Kitchener has been around for many many years. I remember the store 40 years ago. Best air rife I own was the Hatsan 35S from Deals. Bang on from the box for $149. Got it 6 years ago and only air rifle out of 15 that I never had to work on right out of the box. Shoots as good today as it did 6 years ago. 495 FPS for my indoor short range springer. CHEERS!

Went to store and see same gun is $179.95.
https://www.fcsurplus.ca/shopping/produ ... ir-rifles/

Nice gun..I'm tempted to order it but where in hell would you get seals,etc when needed. I can't even find piston seals in Canada for my B3's

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2022 3:15 pm 

This is a minor hijack, but the Hatsan 35S isn't a very good plinker so if you are considering getting one definitely know what it actually is - probably on par with a B3, maybe nicer wood. The 35s was sold here as non-PAL plinkers under the name Winchester 500s. I posted extensively on this platform, it was the 2nd air rifle I bought from out west (SSS0) when I got back into air gunning in around 2010. Nothing too abnormal inside so you should be able to find or mod seals and springs to fit, but like I said it's not a good example of what Hatsan can offer. A much nicer rifle is a Hatsan 60, that's a good model, and with a Quattro trigger its quite a decent rifle. :drinkers:
topic35719.html

))))----//----------==

Iacio, ergo sum