Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:17 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2022 1:44 pm 

Immersive 10x40. I've fired 52 pellets with it so far, indoors (-14 out side) & it's great. Sharp, clear, great reticle - the internal red light is pretty cool as well
however I find those distracting. Not used to using them, I guess. I don't use them on any of my other scopes either. I wasn't sure how low to set it up for the 9 yards I was
shooting & sighting it in for, but chose the #2 (2mils I assume) as being the zero at that range.
Sitting in a chair, with a single elbow rest was not conducive to great shooting, however it's pretty much sighted in.
I really like this scope!! Having 3 sets of bases in the "kit" was necessary as I had to use the long one which gave me 2 clamping screws in purchase. I guess I could have moved the
picitini rail back but that was not necessary. Due to the cross screws, the base cannot slide with recoil, nor can the pinned picitini base. All good.
BTW, this rifle likes the 15.89gr. Hades, the 18.21gr. Barracuda Hunter and 19.09gr. Barracuda Hunter Extremes. Can't wait to try it outdoors.
Many thanks WesB - great service, always..

Attachments:
Immersive 10x40 on HW97 .22.JPG
Immersive 10x40 on HW97 .22.JPG [ 691.77 KiB | Viewed 1236 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2022 10:06 am 

Nice to read a review here on the forum. My understanding is the field of view is huge. Seems the excellent clarity is a negative for HFT range finding which is unfortunate as that was what I would have wanted the optic for. Still seems like an excellent basement range and multi-use optic.

Last edited by jckstrthmghty on Wed Nov 09, 2022 11:26 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2022 10:39 am 

:shock: What's this close range only with a HW 97 Looks strange my friend
But if you like who am i to say

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2022 1:12 pm 

I fail to see why clarity would be a negative, jckstrthmghty. Clarity is the result of good optics & light gathering characteristics.
The focus/parallax wheel is VERY sensitive with the claim that is it so acute, that it can be used as a range finder. THAT is a good
feature & is only found on good optics which should be the best for field target.
I agree it looks strange since we are used to seeing scopes that have eye reliefs of 3" to 4" as well as somewhat longer tubed scopes.
Too, a wide field of view should be most excellent for hunting and perhaps especially for shooting running or moving game (thinking
gophers, here).

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2022 1:30 pm 

I don't actually participate in HFT yet so this is all learning for me. My understanding, you cannot adjust your optic once set and the amount of blur is used to estimate range.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2022 9:42 pm 

Interesting about the blur. It certainly would be blurry. I suspect 10X is too much power. The lower the power, the "longer" the focusing distance.
All my air rifle shooting today is with the use of a laser range finder on shots over 25yards & I adjust the parallax/focus ring.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2022 1:06 pm 

jckstrthmghty wrote:
My understanding, you cannot adjust your optic once set and the amount of blur is used to estimate range.

That is not correct for Canadian Hunter FT.
You are allowed to adjust the scope for a clear sight picture, but, you are not allowed to use the markings on the adjustment to range-find. All the markings are to be covered before the match begins.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2022 3:38 pm 

Thanks for the info Leonardj. Definitely warrants more research whether the Immersive line is a suitable option.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2022 12:30 am 

I would suggest it is more of a "hunting" scope than a target optic.