Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2022 11:48 pm 

One of my Yong Heng clone compressors has been limited to ~4,000 PSI and very slow to raise pressure much above 3,000 PSI.

I hadn't bothered much about that because I use that one for pumping guns at home, so it only began to be a factor for FX Streamline and PP750, which fill to 3,500 PSI, although it still did the job.

My concern was that my #3 compressor was the only one which did a strong job of filling my 4,500 PSI SCBA tank and I wanted a spare.

It just occurred to me that replacement high-pressure piston cups might be thinner at the bottom, and so reducing compression ratio.

I did some measuring, added a washer between the piston cup and the push/piston rod, then made spacer washers to place inside the piston cup, under the Allen screw.

The modification got both #1 and #2 up to full pressure.

I'm laughing at myself since that eventuality just came to mind, but maybe it will help someone else.

I've not been successful in posting photos to this group but the write up is in a MeWe group: https://mewe.com/join/yonghengcompressorsandclones

I will leave these photos in Dropbox for a while: https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/6g9wjbx2 ... irqkee9lwi

Webley Viscount .177
Kral Mega Marine Walnut .22
Artemis PP750 .22
FX Streamline .22 walnut
FX Streamline .22 composite
FX Dynamic 500 .22

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2022 8:44 pm 

I couldn't access MeWe to read the write up, but I was able to download the photos from dropbox and I'll add them below for reference:

Attachments:
3Repositioned Allen screw.jpg
3Repositioned Allen screw.jpg [ 74.28 KiB | Viewed 390 times ]
2Modified washer spacer.jpg
2Modified washer spacer.jpg [ 105.1 KiB | Viewed 390 times ]
1Recessed Allen screw low compression ratio.jpg
1Recessed Allen screw low compression ratio.jpg [ 77.46 KiB | Viewed 390 times ]

))))----//----------==

Iacio, ergo sum

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2022 8:45 pm 

last one, 3 is the limit per post.

Attachments:
4Smaller compression chamber.jpg
4Smaller compression chamber.jpg [ 53.76 KiB | Viewed 390 times ]

))))----//----------==

Iacio, ergo sum