Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 2:13 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2022 12:05 am 

My one simple question. Will it be delivered without issue to my house? Any legal issues with me buying it at the moment I should be aware of?
The S & W M29 is and has been on my want list forever now, and I finally have enough aside for it.

Thank you. FIY I haven’t posted on here in forever, it’s good to be back again!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2022 12:30 am 
Supporting Members

The simple answer is, if they are selling it, it is legal to buy.....

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2022 6:56 am 

That's an interesting coincidence :) . At the moment I write these lines, I'm awaiting to take delivery (today) of my M29 bought from AGS. You can legally buy the revolver now, but once they're gone, they're gone. They won't replenish stock so it's now or never, and all replicas sales are final so GET ONE lol!

Also in case you didn't know, the M29 uses the same shells as the Umarex SAA Peacemaker, so you can order either pellet (nickel-plated) or BB (brass-plated) spare shells and they'll fit.

And welcome back :drinkers:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2022 9:35 am 

Juuuust in :D :

Attachments:
UxSWm29.JPG
UxSWm29.JPG [ 69.58 KiB | Viewed 1339 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2022 7:49 pm 

Do these weigh 52 ounces?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2022 3:32 am 

Daryl wrote:
Do these weigh 52 ounces?

No, unfortunately these are made from potmetal, much lighter than steel. I weighed mine at 41 ounces (with 6 shells) on my fish scale. Feels good in the hand nonetheless, and the ''black chrome'' finish is amazing :) .

Cheers!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2022 3:59 am 

airmec wrote:
That's an interesting coincidence :) . At the moment I write these lines, I'm awaiting to take delivery (today) of my M29 bought from AGS. You can legally buy the revolver now, but once they're gone, they're gone. They won't replenish stock so it's now or never, and all replicas sales are final so GET ONE lol!

Also in case you didn't know, the M29 uses the same shells as the Umarex SAA Peacemaker, so you can order either pellet (nickel-plated) or BB (brass-plated) spare shells and they'll fit.

And welcome back :drinkers:

Everything I reference is bb only!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2022 1:37 pm 

41 ounces isn't too bad at all. :) At least it should feel like a gun.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2022 4:30 pm 

Daryl wrote:
41 ounces isn't too bad at all. :) At least it should feel like a gun.

In my un-educated opinion, yes it does, I never actually handled a ''real steel'' revolver though. I find it fits my hand real well, I like it better than my Dan Wesson.

I couldn't resist comparing the M29 to a couple other ''big'' CO2 revolvers of mine, Crosman/Remington 1875 on top, Umarex M29 8 3/8'' middle, ASG Dan Wesson 8'' bottom. The M29 is a bear :D .

Attachments:
R1.JPG
R1.JPG [ 45.16 KiB | Viewed 1235 times ]
R2.JPG
R2.JPG [ 75.12 KiB | Viewed 1235 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2022 5:05 pm 

You have a good sized hand. The M29's fit them well. They (larger hands) are actually necessary to fit the big DA's, no matter the make.
One way to check the fit, is if you can comfortably pull the trigger through DA, with the back-strap running up the middle or your arm, in
perfect alignment with your radius (arm) bone.
Odd times, grips cover the back-strap and increase the distance from the back-strap to the trigger, making this "standard" DA hold more difficult.
The SA designs & smaller frame DA's fit smaller hands.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2022 6:49 pm 

With the uncertain future of replica airguns, I decided to take the plunge and get me one of these beauties before the stock runs dry at AGS. Should be arriving in a day or two. Spent a few hours perusing videos on this gun last night and it looks like a keeper.

Megiddo65

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2022 11:27 pm 

I'm probably one of thousands who wonders how long before the Trudeau/Singhs will make anything which even looks like a firearm illegal.

Weren't "look like a gun" or "look like a more powerful gun" all going to be banned?

What will happen with air soft, BB, replicas, and non-PAL air guns?

Webley Viscount .177
Kral Mega Marine Walnut .22
Artemis PP750 .22
FX Streamline .22 walnut
FX Streamline .22 composite
FX Dynamic 500 .22

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2022 11:45 pm 
Supporting Members

Normk wrote:
I'm probably one of thousands who wonders how long before the Trudeau/Singhs will make anything which even looks like a firearm illegal.

Weren't "look like a gun" or "look like a more powerful gun" all going to be banned?

What will happen with air soft, BB, replicas, and non-PAL air guns?

Every time I read an article of someone out in public with a air gun I cringe.......these are the morons that are leaving the door open to an all out ban.......

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2022 1:59 am 

Long time ago, I was prone shooting with a friend at the 300 meter line. I was using my Palma Match rifle, he a black Remington. Mine was walnut stocked with stainless barrel and his all dull black with a polymer stock. We were having a race on clay pigeons - from left and right sides, to the centre on the row.
2 ERT Mounties walked up behind us and one remarked, pointing at my rifle, that one's OK, but that one, pointing at Claire's rifle, should be outlawed. Boys, that was over 30 years ago. The mentality of those in uniform has not mellowed with time.
If it looks "BAD", it must be, if the frame of mind. Why do sol many guys in this sport, not realize that. We have no 2nd amendment.