Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Sun Feb 05, 2023 9:47 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2022 1:22 am 

I am shooting only in my gunclub SGC (Sharon Gun Club). And probably I am the only one shooting there with a PCP air gun.
Today I was approach by some management=board members to educate them about airguns.
I am well educated with mechanics and tuning, and I have couple high end "toys" but I am not a good educator - you need to ask me questions and I will do my best going from there.
I assume the private club have some land or space available and may want to expand the list of activities, but also assume that they need to work out the deal with lawmakers.
I know five disciplines the US folks playing with airguns, these are 50 meter BR, 100 meter BR, speed silhouettes, EBR and action shooting.
I never play before Field with airguns, I was competing Field archery for almost two decades, if that is transparent anyhow.
What are the airgun Field disciplines here in Canada? How much land is needed to setup a full course?
I know there is a club somewhere Hamilton-Milton people playing Field games, but I never been there...I live North of GTA, kind of abusive driving across the GTA for quick visits, and I have no low power airguns at least to join the game.
Anybody can help me putting my mindset on right tracks?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2022 8:55 pm 

try contacting JHemming or Mac

通过我的 TAS-AL00 上的 Tapatalk发言

FX Dreamline Classic
Weihrauch HW100KT FSB
Weihrauch HW97KT
Weihrauch HW50S
Artemis M16
Artemis PP700
Weihrauch HW40
Beeman P17
Stoeger XP4

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 2:41 pm 
Supporting Member 2009

It'd be amazing to have a Field Target course at Sharon!

A FT course can consist of as little as 10 lanes. 3 shots per target for a total of 60 shots.
Targets are 10y to 55y from the firing line.
We have a specific set of CFO approved range guidelines for FT courses.
The power level is either sub 20fpe or sub 12fpe.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 10:47 pm 

Hey, great to hear that you're shooting PCP at up at Sharon! What type of PCP are you running and what's the power level?

Exciting that the management / board has asked you about air guns!

To help you get going, Tom's reply is a great start. He is a super experienced air gunner and all-round great person.

For more info, check out the CAFTA (Canadian Airgun Field Target Association) website, https://www.caftacentral.ca/. It has great info including an introduction video, the rule book and pics/writeups from matches going back more than 10 years.

In terms of disciplines, Field Target has three main divisions - Hunter, WFTF (World Field Target Federation) and Open. We use both PCP and Piston rigs that are stock from the store to full blown custom setups using scopes that range from 3-9 up to 10-60 x magnifications. For competition / matches we shoot at < 20 ft/lbs of energy.

Currently we shoot at three ranges - one in Hamilton, another in Port Colborne and a third in Grenville. There are also clubs out in Vancouver, BC and southern Alberta.

Let me know if you're interested in exploring further. I'd welcome the chance to come up to the Sharon Club to meet you and the board and share more about Field Target.

Regards,
Jeff

Jeff Hemming
CAFTA President
Member, Canadian Springer Team
HAHA Rifle Section Chair