Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:34 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2022 8:56 pm 

Hi everyone I bought a new bengamin Cayden and a new hill mk5 pump but the high
Pressure hose that came with the pump wasn’t the right one I can’t remember if it came with the gun or pump.The pump has a big brass female din thread and the part of the hose I need to connect to this big din female fitting on the pump is fine thread and very small and also a female connector end. The quick release female foster fitting on the other end of the hose connects to my Cayden. What adapter will I need to connect this hose to the pump .The big coarse din fitting screws into the pump with a fine small male thread on end of the din brass fitting. I tried to post a picture with iPad but they are all to big thanks a bunch

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2022 9:38 pm 

Forgot to mention the large din brass fitting that has the big female din threads on the output of the pump screws into the pump by a small fine thread fitting into the threaded hole in the pump body .If I can’t find a way to fix this I will have to ask my dealer to take it back as it’s useless to me

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2022 9:39 pm 

Here are the pictures, click for bigger view.

Attachments:
fittings.jpg
fittings.jpg [ 149.22 KiB | Viewed 632 times ]

))))----//----------==

Iacio, ergo sum

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2022 6:46 am 

There are din to pipe thread adapters https://www.global-mfg.com/adapter-din-to-male-pipe-thread-ss.aspx If you unscrew the adapter from the pump, odes are it is one of 3 thread NPT, BSP or 10 mm. The 2 pipe threads national and British are very close and differ by only one thread per inch and a different thread angle. The 10 mm thread will have a crush gasket at the of the threaded hole. I just read only that it is British thread in the pump https://www.nordicmarksman.com/Air-Pump-with-patented-Dry-Air-System.html#nogo. Css has a bunch of adapter from 1/8 BSp to Foster, and then you can connect any F to F foster hose to the pump.https://canadashootingsupply.ca/ . Wes has stock F to F hoses https://airgunarcheryfun.ca/agh-40-100cm-fill-hose-with-quick-connect-options/
Sorry for the long post for a simple solution as was I conducting research as I typed

Hope this helps.
Robert

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2022 8:46 am 

Thanks Mc Robert for your help.The fitting that screws into the pump is a coarser thread and a little bigger thread that the female end of the hose.The female end of the hose is a Very fine thread and the depth of the treads is only about a qurter inch.If i could find a hose that will have the quick detach foster connector the one with the ball bearings in ..I already have this on the male end of the hose but its the female end of the hose that in confused about as its a smaller thread than the bump and a much finer thread to.Need a way to connect te fine thread small female end of the hose to the pump.Im in touch with hill as we speak thanks a bunch .Maybe a hydrolic shop here will have the adaptor i need.

Attachments:
mk5-hill-air-rifle-pump-with-dry-air-system604147660429466043394.jpg
mk5-hill-air-rifle-pump-with-dry-air-system604147660429466043394.jpg [ 68.78 KiB | Viewed 604 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2022 10:00 am 

I understand that you want a bin adapter,. Its just you purchased a pump that is made to fill 3 specific guns, with removable tanks. If you replaced that bin fitting with a bsp to foster that would be fast. If you were my neighbor I could give you everything that you need. A dive shop may have a bin to npt adapter in stock. You can check the hose to see if it is 1/8 npt at most hardware store edit: I meant to say din adapter

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:45 pm 

Thanks a bunch Robert i did a bunch orf looking aroud and the hydro place had one fitting i belive that fits the pump its a tapered 1/4" male bsp then they gave me a few pieces to join to it to give me the 1/8" male bspp-nst to hook the hose to and bamo it worked but he said bring them all back and he will order me a stainless steel fitting that is male tapered bsp coarse thread on pump side and male bspp-ntt 1/8:"fine threads on other end this will be perfect then there is only one comnnection to the pump one to the hose and one to the gun.Will also put cigarette but filter on the gun end and will put a wrap of teflon tape on all connections.The first fitting i tryed on pump was straight wall so could only screw it in a little ways and with teflon tape it filled gun to 1000 psi but wasnt right thread so will wait for the fitting with the tappered walls will be here on wed and bingo i should be set.Im running the decicant bead kit that comes with the pump so should be no moisture either in gun.It was -43 this am so the house was only at 25% rh so should be good.Thanks a bunch for all your help and man i tell is there a lot to learn about this air gun stuff.I have always hunted shot rifles and loaaded bullets so no stranger to guns but didnt know much about air rifles.Now my hw 80 in 22 cal i can take apart sidways with my eyes closed and it is a real tack driver but a little hold sensative if my hold a little off.This is such a great place for all of us to learn from each other and i sure appreciate it.Again thanks to everyone.Oh all hill would do is tell me to take the pump back even after i told them my dealer didnt have the right pump.All they would have had to do is send me one small fitting.Think i will look for a new 80 cubic foot tank my bud has one for his and says with his 280 cc cylander filled once to full and then tops off from 1850-2950 he can fill his gun one time and fill from 1850-295o psi about 20 times.Thats all i would shoot my pcp in a year lol.. :)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2022 5:38 pm 

You are welcome, I have purchased a bunch of extra fittings in all the different threads. Another CAF came by my house for some help not that long ago with a Hill pump, at that time I did not have the right BSP thread to change the Coupler on the hose, so we modified is his fill probe.

Start shooting, I will be looking for the review of that new gun

Have a great day all
Robert