Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 7:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: I now own an Uzi.
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2022 2:31 pm 

Just got this in my mail today.

Luckily, they also make a green gas adapter for this, so I can use with with propane as well, and sure get a bit lower velocity, but propane is much more affordable and I can easily refill the magazine, rather than having to unscrew and screw in a new co2 capsule every time.

This thing feels weighty and is pretty much all metal. Even the magazine alone is weighty.

Very happy with my purchase so far, though I haven't shot it yet.

https://imgur.com/a/RQ9Ga84

"I went to god just to see, and I was looking at me" - Marilyn Manson, "The Reflecting God" (1996).

Post subject: Re: I now own an Uzi.
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2022 3:01 pm 

Congrats, but Mum's the word. :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2022 11:23 pm 
Supporting Members

Green gas......is it airsoft?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2022 7:49 am 

No, this is the 4.5mm steel bb version.

However there is also an airsoft version, the magazines for each are virtually identical except for some "size" issues, so because of that I can also use the green gas adapter with mine.

"I went to god just to see, and I was looking at me" - Marilyn Manson, "The Reflecting God" (1996).

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2023 11:32 pm 

I see the title of your post and did that bring back memories of somewhere around 87. Got a call that I needed to get to my favorite gun store ASAP. I walk in and Blair reaches into a crate, pulls out a near mint condition open bolt UZI, nothing unusual about that, then he works the bolt showing me its features and a big smile came across our faces as we understood that the conversion to semi auto had been botched and these were still full autos. Full auto UZIs unknowingly released for sale, but still had to be registered as a pistol due to the short barrel. Well I slapped my money down on the spot, got the paperwork done the same day and was home with a full auto UZI that day. Out of 9 mill ammo by the next day but having a blast, from memory 30 round mags. Anyway , the race was on to order in 18 inch barrels and have a gunsmith permanently install a 18 inch barrel on it, then I could apply to have in deregistered from the pistol/restricted class and classed as a ordinary rifle without registration. I did not get that far......about a week later I got the call that I needed to get to the police station with my UZI within the hour or cars would be looking to bring me in (other who had bought them as well). Somehow they found out about the botched conversion, and recalled them all. Fun times....

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2023 7:48 pm 

18hammers wrote:
I see the title of your post and did that bring back memories of somewhere around 87. Got a call that I needed to get to my favorite gun store ASAP. I walk in and Blair reaches into a crate, pulls out a near mint condition open bolt UZI, nothing unusual about that, then he works the bolt showing me its features and a big smile came across our faces as we understood that the conversion to semi auto had been botched and these were still full autos. Full auto UZIs unknowingly released for sale, but still had to be registered as a pistol due to the short barrel. Well I slapped my money down on the spot, got the paperwork done the same day and was home with a full auto UZI that day. Out of 9 mill ammo by the next day but having a blast, from memory 30 round mags. Anyway , the race was on to order in 18 inch barrels and have a gunsmith permanently install a 18 inch barrel on it, then I could apply to have in deregistered from the pistol/restricted class and classed as a ordinary rifle without registration. I did not get that far......about a week later I got the call that I needed to get to the police station with my UZI within the hour or cars would be looking to bring me in (other who had bought them as well). Somehow they found out about the botched conversion, and recalled them all. Fun times....

Did you lost your money ?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2023 7:51 pm 

Twiggy wrote:
Just got this in my mail today.

Luckily, they also make a green gas adapter for this, so I can use with with propane as well, and sure get a bit lower velocity, but propane is much more affordable and I can easily refill the magazine, rather than having to unscrew and screw in a new co2 capsule every time.

This thing feels weighty and is pretty much all metal. Even the magazine alone is weighty.

Very happy with my purchase so far, though I haven't shot it yet.

https://imgur.com/a/RQ9Ga84

Snake Eye's main weapon , always cool
Northeast Airsoft released their MP2A1 (Uzi)
How much you paid for it ?
whats the FPS ?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2023 12:21 am 

The Professional wrote:
18hammers wrote:

No, I was given a full refund from the store, don't know if others were but I was made whole

Attachments:
uzi.jpg
uzi.jpg [ 536.5 KiB | Viewed 1864 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2023 6:19 am 

18hammers wrote:
The Professional wrote:
18hammers wrote:

No, I was given a full refund from the store, don't know if others were but I was made whole

LOL!! The wording on it is scary~
"1 UZI Machine Gun"....

FWB300SU#Tau-7#IZH-46M#FWB-65#CP88-C
~Target~
HW 30s/35e/97k/40+Extender/P3+Scope/70#CZ200s Laminated@10fpe#AA ProSport-177@12fpe

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2023 9:58 pm 

LOL!! The wording on it is scary~
"1 UZI Machine Gun"...

Yes, he was showing me he knew what I had. You always remember your first confiscation, not fondly but you remember it.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2023 12:57 pm 

Just wondering who produces these? Are they made by IWI but in 177 bb like the Baikal Makarovs? In a way the MP 654ks are actual makarovs in a way but purpose built bb guns. If the uzi is an iwi I would be interested in one.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2024 9:18 pm 

Old post but just saw it ... it looks sick!!!

Love it.

... just never leave your backyard with that thing. You'll freak out everybody!!

Looks like fun however.

I've got an Umarex Steel Storm that shoots bbs in a burst mode.

Brrrr

Brrr brr brrr

brrrr

Fun as hell man.

.. but NEVER EVER leave your range with this thing without some orange tape around the muzzle.

;)

Cowardice is never rewarded.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2024 7:15 pm 

iratecaller wrote:

... just never leave your backyard with that thing. You'll freak out everybody!!

;)

Yep

Last edited by PL00 on Sat Jan 27, 2024 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2024 7:21 pm 

Carrying that in public would/could elicit a series of 3 to 6 charges.
Be careful. Secretive is another suggested action.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2024 6:32 pm 

Of course, I'm well aware that this is not something to just randomly walk around with in public, no weapon is or even toy that looks very much like a weapon.

I haven't used it very much, I mainly just got it as something to have, which is fair enough. I am thinking of displaying it on my wall.