Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:55 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2022 11:29 am 

I purchased from Wes one of his built up Artimas stormys in .25 cal at the same time I ordered the Buck- Rail 3 component printed stock. The gun came assembled with components attached as I took pellets in lieu of receiving the wooden stock. I added to the gun my end cap and shot 4 tanks, I realized that the internal Lane reg was not working. This gun doesn't have the original down facing air gauge like the standard storm rider.
Attachment:
Screenshot_20221210-111521.png
Screenshot_20221210-111521.png [ 243.8 KiB | Viewed 943 times ]

Reason 1. Not working because the reg. pressure was set to high
Reason 2. Because the reg was malfunctioning

Being that it is easier to adjust the pressure than it was to remove the reg. I shot the gun till empty. I went to the lane website to get some screw rotation to pressure data https://laneregulators.com/index.php?route=product/catalog&page=20 but once again they were on vacation and they shut down the whole web site, so even the manuals are not available. So going blind I reached into the air tube with a 17" screw driver and wad of centring tape and gave it 45° clockwise turn. I had to repeat the degassing and adjusting procedure twice before I got results about a hours of work. I did get close to my planned velocity at 575 fps.
Attachment:
Stormy .25 (Custom).jpg
Stormy .25 (Custom).jpg [ 131.27 KiB | Viewed 943 times ]

The Buck Rail components are well made, very light. The stock has a lot of travel, and the pistol grip fits my large hands. The forearm is a little loose on the tube, it will need a little padding to secure. The gun weighs 3.9 lbs and just over 5 lbs with a scope. The gun will be used for rats using the 25.4 AA pellets it is giving good accuracy out to 25 m which is my max for the bait stations. 18 fpe will more than enough dispatch those critters quickly.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2022 1:02 pm 

The power level is a lot more than needed. Accuracy is the only consideration, once you are running a firearms class air rifle.
I used my HW97 in .177 (14fpe) for shooting gophers to 56 yards - it worked amazingly well.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2023 12:03 pm 

I wanted to buy one too but it's out of stock now, sad.

FX Impact M3
Kral Jumbo Puncher
Kral Big Max

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2023 8:42 am 

Glad you got it working and figured out the problem! Sorry to hear of the issue and all the work you had to do to get it working.
I ran out of 25 cal barrels and the only way to get them is shipped with rifles basically, since in China they can't ship barrels by courier and need a permit to send them which is expensive. So they'll be coming with the next load of rifles.
Thanks,
Wes

Sent from my SM-A536W using Tapatalk