Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 10:28 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2022 4:02 pm 

So, I have owned a Daisy Red Ryder for a few years, and it is both a classic and fun rifle.

I very much enjoy having a multi-shot, spring, lever-action.

Only downside is that I seem to have the youth model, which I am almost fine with, the only problem is that the lever on the youth model is plastic and a little flimsy, which makes it difficult for me to push it forward the way I would like because the plastic cannot withstand the amount of force I'd normally use without bending.

For reasons of keeping my spending down, I wonder if it would be possible to buy the lever part from the adult model and just swap them out? Is this possible and compatible at all?

If it is, I'd probably do that, as it should cost much less then buying the entire adult version.

"I went to god just to see, and I was looking at me" - Marilyn Manson, "The Reflecting God" (1996).

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2022 5:55 pm 

hey t. they look the same size to me in the pic.but is the adult plastic or steel. and i don,t know if you can just buy the lever part. on my red ryder the lever is very hard plastic. my fingers aren,t huge but it was a snug fit so i took a file and filed the whole center piece where your fingers go. now it,s bigger and i can get my hand in and out a lot easier. i even put a rail on it and now have a reflex red dot sight on top of it. hits bulls eyes all the time. there is a picture of mine some where on here. i saw a video on you tube where the guy modded the lever. he cut part of it out and added a piece of leather . so he could fan it rapidly.

Attachments:
0151398_600.jpg
0151398_600.jpg [ 11.58 KiB | Viewed 1270 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2022 7:38 pm 

Seems you can indeed get the metal lever separately.

https://www.daisy.com/product/metal-lev ... red-ryder/

"I went to god just to see, and I was looking at me" - Marilyn Manson, "The Reflecting God" (1996).

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2022 10:29 pm 

no shipping to canada there. but i found one here in canada for you. it,s called shopbluedog.ca. $17.00 bucks +sh and tax. good luck t.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2022 10:46 pm 

the powerplant and barrel are indeed the same,
a longer and thicker stock makes for the Adult Red Ryder.
..and more fun.

Attachments:
20221213_193435.jpg
20221213_193435.jpg [ 83.98 KiB | Viewed 1245 times ]

Tracey Wilson, CCFR

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2022 10:59 pm 

pete wrote:
no shipping to canada there. but i found one here in canada for you. it,s called shopbluedog.ca. $17.00 bucks +sh and tax. good luck t.

Thank you.

That price difference though, even after adjusting for the difference in currency, we still really get f*cked with prices here in our great white north.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2022 11:37 pm 

pete wrote:
.. i found one here in canada for you. it,s called shopbluedog.ca. $17.00 bucks +sh and tax. good luck t.
you're good pete, you're good.
cheers :drinkers:

Tracey Wilson, CCFR

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2022 7:26 am 

blue dog canada has free shipping after $39.99 for month of december. grab the steel lever --6000 daisy bbs and something else for a couple bucks and there ya go --free shipping. i didn,t even know about these guys until yesterday. and i see they have daisy pellets and other airgun stuff. i may even get something from them. it seems like a legitimate site. maybe see if any one else has heard about them or ordered any thing from them. good luck.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2022 4:45 pm 

Thanks pete!

I've been looking for this part for years :D

I'll let everyone know, how it goes...

gunsnrows

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2022 8:59 pm 

Back in the 50's growing up, one of the neighbours next door had a Daisy pump BB gun. There was a steel wheel at the end of the clothesline, about 50yards from
the back steps of the Restaurant (his dad bought it). He, a big guy (I was, like 7yrs old) used to load up that gun with a LOT of bb's and ping that wheel most every shot. He
let me shoot it a number of times and ONCE I hit the wheel. Yipeeeee! LOL what a memory - thanks.
Boys, that was 65 years ago.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2022 9:51 am 

Hi,

I placed an order on December 14th. Blue Dog, provided an order acknowledgement and a tracking number.

I received the Daisy steel lever, yesterday.

No issues :D

gunsnrows

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2022 10:09 am 

gunsnrows wrote:
Hi,

I placed an order on December 14th. Blue Dog, provided an order acknowledgement and a tracking number.

I received the Daisy steel lever, yesterday.

No issues :D

gunsnrows

whew-- glad to hear g. after i found that site i kept going back to it-- because i kept thinking it looked kinda phony. did you buy more stuff to get the free shipping. if not how much was the shipping?. i might get some of the daisy pellets- i see have a pretty good price. thanks for letting us know-- glad it worked out.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2022 11:25 am 

Hi pete,

I was going to add to the order for the free shipping and that makes sense, but I have to stop myself from getting more stuff.

The shipping was $25 :shock:

However, it was sent by FedEx, not Canada Post.

So, my 50 year old Ryder is back in action!

gunsnrows

P.S. This lever also fits Daisy smoke/bang rifles.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2022 11:52 am 

thanks g. my red ryder isn,t 50 years old . but i modded her up a bit. my lever feels like strong hard plastic so i don,t need a steel one. heres a pic. double click for bigger.

Attachments:
IMG_1863.jpg
IMG_1863.jpg [ 273.86 KiB | Viewed 1083 times ]
IMG_1862.jpg
IMG_1862.jpg [ 295.47 KiB | Viewed 1083 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2022 6:23 pm 

Not 50 years old, but still exactly the same. :D

Amazing...

gunsnows