Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:49 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2022 3:21 pm 

So I have been informed that SECU has passed a motion to consult with remote and arctic communities who could be affected by the bill. Apparently they will not able able to do this until April.

So that alone has bought us some time.

I am also hearing rumors of a spring election, if there is, that's even more of a delay, as they cannot to my knowledge do anything like voting and passing bills during an election.

If they win again, they will have to re-table the bill and start all over. If the Conservatives win, the bill will be killed for good.

"I went to god just to see, and I was looking at me" - Marilyn Manson, "The Reflecting God" (1996).

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2022 2:43 pm 

Thank you, Twiggy for the update.

Here are some of the well presented counter-arguments, to address this stupidity.

https://www.ourcommons.ca/Committees/en ... d=11814165

Click on "Briefs" to read the submissions.

gunsnrows

Last edited by gunsnrows on Sun Dec 18, 2022 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2022 3:05 pm 

Wow, lots of briefs from the airsoft community there. I'm happy to see them so politically active.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2022 3:25 pm 

Bill C21 literally, not only covers ALL bolt action & single-shot rifles, as well as most air soft and sub 500fps air guns, but most shotguns as well.
"We were very careful with our choice of words". You have to keep that in mind, especially when they use the term "and variants of".

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2022 5:28 pm 

So it seems I was originally slightly misinformed, according to Tracey Wilson of the CCFR, SECU as well as others, are on winter break until Jan 30th, and at that time there will be a vote on the motion, but considering that the conservatives on SECU voted 6-5 against, fast-tracking the bill through, they will probably vote in favor of the motion to consult remote communities as well.

"I went to god just to see, and I was looking at me" - Marilyn Manson, "The Reflecting God" (1996).

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 6:04 pm 

There is a minor reprieve to this nonsense: Ottawa withdraws controversial amendments to firearms law
https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/ottawa ... -1.6735828
https://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/liberal ... -1.6258656

))))----//----------==

Iacio ergo sum

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 6:55 pm 

I'm guessing that the Liberal's greed in trying to include "any centerfire rifle or shotgun that could be fitted with a magazine over 5 shots, whether it had one or not" was the final straw, and enough MP's would have voted against the amendments, so the Liberals withdrew the amendments.... I had no idea they were even at risk.... :evil:

Bob

Last edited by rsterne on Fri Feb 03, 2023 7:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 6:58 pm 

Come out with the severe then adjust for a compromise......Same old play book.

Bottom line, more guns unable to be used and enjoyed. SICKENING!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 7:45 pm 

WoodWelder wrote:

Don't overestimate liberal's intelligence. They screwed up big time by targeting hunters.

But also don't be mistaken, what they really envisioned is a gun free country, too bad for them they got greedy too fast.

If liberal is allowed to stay in power for another term we can kiss our hobby goodbye.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 10:29 pm 

WoodWelder wrote:

Exactly - noted that from the get-go that that was the purpose of the amendment.
You can be dang sure it will be back on, if they get a majority.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 10:51 pm 

Yep, for sure.... Liberal Majority = no more guns of any kind.... :evil:

Bob

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 11:26 pm 

rsterne wrote:
Yep, for sure.... Liberal Majority = no more guns of any kind.... :evil:

Bob

I've been looking for the exact quote, but I recall both Chretien and Rock, stating that no one other than police or military should be allowed to possess firearms in Canada. That as something like 25 years ago and the Liberals seemed to have remained committed to that goal. This latest was Justinother bad idea, but inline with the apparent goals of Liberals and NDP.

When they go after this the next time, I'm betting that Aboriginals will be exempted, at least until the rest of us are disarmed or criminalized. The Aboriginal opposition got much more weight in mainstream media, IMO.

Webley Viscount .177
Crossman 1377 Classic Pump .177
Diana Stormrider2 .22
Kral Mega Marine Walnut .22
Artemis PP750 .22
FX Streamline .22 walnut
FX Streamline .22 composite

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2023 2:23 am 

Late 70's, quote of Allen Rock. He forgot to mention their body guards, or maybe that just goes, without saying.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2023 8:15 am 

ineedpal wrote:
WoodWelder wrote:

Don't overestimate liberal's intelligence. They screwed up big time by targeting hunters.

But also don't be mistaken, what they really envisioned is a gun free country, too bad for them they got greedy too fast.

If liberal is allowed to stay in power for another term we can kiss our hobby goodbye.

And our freedom which after C11 will be very short lived. We are watching in real time the death of a true democracy.

Gamo Magnum .22
Beeman QB Chief .22
Beeman AR2079A HPA .177
Beeman P17
Umerex Colt Commander
Artemis M11 MK2 .22
FX Dreamline Classic .25
Hill EC-3000 compressor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2023 10:20 am 

5dotrz wrote:
ineedpal wrote:
WoodWelder wrote:

And our freedom which after C11 will be very short lived. We are watching in real time the death of a true democracy.

I predicted the "big show" we are going thru today over 5yrs ago. I have woken a lot of my coworkers. They laughed at the time but now see it for what it is.....They pushed too fast so, I have hope that we will turn things around in the near future? Look what has been exposed lately in such a short time?
I believe Trudeau will be forced to step down to keep the ruse going but ultimately this whole thing will crumble? Our whole political system is a joke and needs to be torn down and rebuilt from the ground up. What has the Conservatives really done for us?
All the leading politicians in Ottawa should be up for Academy Awards for their conduct over the last 3yrs. We have not had proper representation in this Country for over 40yrs. It truly is all a Ruse!