Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:54 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2022 1:52 pm 

I have been playing with Imgur links, and I found out something pretty cool.... If you open your photo in Imgur, then right click on it, you can select "Copy Image Link".... If you then go to the post where you want the photo to appear, click on the Image Icon in the Menu (box with Img), then paste your Image Link between the HTML tags, when you post it will show the image instead of just the link.... Like this!....

No need for anyone to click to see your photo.... 8)

Bob

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2022 3:48 pm 

OK BOB - What are we looking at?
Curious people need to know. :drinkers:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2022 4:59 pm 

that's correct Bob, its the same when photobucket was the go to for posting pic's

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2022 6:55 pm 

Daryl, the first Imgur photo I could find to borrow, one by Tim @ Mac1 on a USFT.... no idea the content....

Ace, Photobucket provides direct links you can just copy/paste, that's what I do.... Most using Imgur seem to post a link, rather than the photo itself.... just trying to help them....

Bob

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2022 7:50 pm 

seeing photos is MUCH nicer than having to scroll back and forth, back and forth from picture to picture.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2022 8:57 am 

rsterne wrote:
.... Most using Imgur seem to post a link, rather than the photo itself.... just trying to help them....

Bob

I got you Bob I understand, i think most don't know that you can click
the Img at the top of the post then place the link in-between
topic80667.html

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2022 9:43 am 

rsterne wrote:
I have been playing with Imgur links, and I found out something pretty cool.... If you open your photo in Imgur, then right click on it, you can select "Copy Image Link".... If you then go to the post where you want the photo to appear, click on the Image Icon in the Menu (box with Img), then paste your Image Link between the HTML tags, when you post it will show the image instead of just the link.... Like this!....

No need for anyone to click to see your photo....

I had to double check the date of the original post.

This describes the way many general forum posters have been using Imgur for a long time. I began using Imgur soon after Photobucket changed its system.

Below is an Imgur-hosted image of an Anschultz, one of the most indominatable 20th century German firearms handlers.
To post the image, click on the size desired (from the bottom option on right side), then click Copy on the Linked BBCode above, and paste. When you do that you get the bottom image.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2023 3:26 am 

There is no Anschutz in that photo.

There is a Sgt. Shultz there with his finger in the trigger guard of a Krag/Jorgenson U.S. Service rilfle, 30 Cal.

I've been using Imgur for almost 10 years now.
I just highlight the bar marked b/b, click and drag, and presto, there's a photo there without having to insert image tags.

My note book still re-sizes faster than Imgur.

An image height of 530 or so works well on this page without having to be scrolled.

-D.S.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2023 1:42 pm 

Spot-on Duke. That's exactly what that rifle is. Well, it might be Norwegian, but definitely is a .30/40 Krag.
The hole in the muzzle is too large for a 6.5x55.
I was going to post about that and you beat me to it. :D