Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:28 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2022 2:48 am 

I don't own a BB gun, but an all metal version of the WWII with full auto has me intrigued.

Is anyone going to order this besides me? I've never owned an umarex. Any feedback on reliability by the brand? I know they make another, similar WWII replica that seems to have positive reviews.

Any assisitance to push me over the edge and make an order is appreciated.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2022 3:16 am 

I was hoping to get an Umarex MP40 bb gun in February.

I did not know until now that there was a grease gun as well, I will have to do my research on it, and then decide which one I want first.

I am on a quest to get a lot of my "most wanted" replicas before C-21 passes, so that I could be a "current" owner and still possess and use, seeing that after passage buying such things will be illegal, as will selling, importing, exporting, etc.

Umarex in general, is a very good and well regarded brand, so I wouldn't have any issues buying anything from them. I just recently bought a $450 Glock 17 replica from them.

"I went to god just to see, and I was looking at me" - Marilyn Manson, "The Reflecting God" (1996).

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2022 8:59 am 

i saw them on airgun source website. umarex legends m3 grease gun. WOW-- $299.99+sh and tax. i kinda think they are an ugly looking gun. probably because they do resemble a grease gun. but thats just me. says pre-order. but says in stock.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2022 12:47 pm 

Weirdly enough there's only apparently a couple videos of them on youtube that I can find, but many, more for the MP40.

I don't know why, maybe it's just very new?

"I went to god just to see, and I was looking at me" - Marilyn Manson, "The Reflecting God" (1996).

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2022 3:56 pm 

Yes, it looks new and the orders are pre-orders. It looks like vendors will have it in stock late Decemberish. The only thing I'm worried about is the fixed sights. I hate sights with no adjustment. the fun factor looks enormous and I love the fact they say it's all metal with an improved mag over the mp40. I think it has a lot more character than the crosman ar15 style BB.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2022 4:23 pm 

I wouldn't worry so much about the sights, this type of gun is not meant for accuracy or target shooting, it's a full auto "spray and pray" fun gun.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2022 6:23 pm 

I know a guy who ordered one after reading all the amazing reviews. I'll wait to see what he says........

Anyone know where the best deals for bulk CO2 cartridges are? Boxing day specials?

thanks!!!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2022 9:21 pm 

rapstarD wrote:
I know a guy who ordered one after reading all the amazing reviews. I'll wait to see what he says........

Anyone know where the best deals for bulk CO2 cartridges are? Boxing day specials?

thanks!!!

I've got the UMAREX M&P40, the UMAREX M92A1 and UMAREX M1A1.
I also have a Crosman Night Stalker I got on sale at Princess Auto on sale for $89. Even from Crosman Canada this is usually $160. It's built very well and hits hard.
The build quality and realism compared to the originals is excellent.
I got the UMAREX M&P40 first because I already have a .40 cal M&P40 and the UMAREX version is very realistic in looks and function to the S&W original so I can practise in my garage. The UMAREX version is so realistic that someone who isn't a "gun guy" would have a very hard time knowing the difference.
Then I got the UMAREX Beretta M92A1 because I like the fun factor of using a full auto pistol. Also very realistic.
Then I got the UMAREX Thompson M1A1. At first I wanted to get the UMAREX MP40 SMG but no sellers in Canada had any in stock so I got the UMAREX M1A1. It was an excellent choice because this M1A1 has performed flawlessly.
Have a look at my posts in this forum and you can see photos and read what my opinions are are on these air guns. It might help you decide what is right for you.
About CO2 cartridges, check Princess Auto. Usual prices are around $1 per cartridge average. Check airsoft stores. The more volume you buy the cheaper. maybe averaging as low as 80 cents per cartridge.
If you get an UMAREX air gun I'd recommend you stick with UMAREX CO2 cartridges and BB's.
Crosman CO2 cartridges are slightly different than the UMAREX CO2 cartridges and the Crosman cartridges might not perform as well as possible in some UMAREX air guns.
Daisy CO2 cartridges are more similar to the UMAREX cartridges but if possible I'd recommend sticking with your air gun manufacturers' products for for maximum reliability and performance.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2022 10:56 pm 

Thanks Ozzie21. Your review has definitely sparked my interest towards the grease gun umarex. Ill check princess auto for co2. I find it interesting that crosman and umarex would have any difference in their cartridges. That’s so weird to me.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2022 12:27 am 

rapstarD wrote:
Thanks Ozzie21. Your review has definitely sparked my interest towards the grease gun umarex. Ill check princess auto for co2. I find it interesting that crosman and umarex would have any difference in their cartridges. That’s so weird to me.

See the attached photo showing Crosman, UMAREX and Daisy CO2 cartridges.
An overall difference in length of 1-2 mm can make a difference in performance or cause a cartridge to not seal properly and leak or possibly damage the seal.
Slightly different neck widths and OD's, neck lengths, neck taper, etc., can all make a slight difference in performance. I've seen charts where comparison measurements of CO2 cartridges have been shown.
I had an issue with my UMAREX S&W M&P40 magazines leaking. I was using Crosman and Daisy 12g cartridges. I called UMAREX and the guy I spoke to said not to use the Crosman CO2 cartridges because they are slightly different in design. The Daisy cartridges are closer to the UMAREX but they might be a hair shorter.
Especially if you ever have a CO2 leak or performance problem which might be a warranty issue, it's to your advantage to use the manufacturers' specific CO2 cartridges, BB's and pellets for good troubleshooting and to be able to support your claim.
On the subject of BB's, I was watching a YouTube video lately where a guy was comparing the OD's of Hornady, Daisy, UMAREX and Crosman BB's, measuring them all with a micrometer, and they were all slightly different.

Attachments:
CO2 Comparison Crosman Daisy & UMAREX.jpg
CO2 Comparison Crosman Daisy & UMAREX.jpg [ 183.83 KiB | Viewed 859 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2022 12:34 am 

This is the first time I have ever heard about difference in co2 cartages. I will keep this in mind.

I have Crosman cartridges for now, but maybe next time I will try to get Umarex ones. So far though, I haven't had any issues.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2022 12:54 am 

Twiggy wrote:
This is the first time I have ever heard about difference in co2 cartages. I will keep this in mind.

I have Crosman cartridges for now, but maybe next time I will try to get Umarex ones. So far though, I haven't had any issues.

Yea I never gave it much thought before either till I had the CO2 magazine leak issue and the guy at UMAREX made me aware of this. So now I use Crosman CO2 cartridges in my Crosman Night Stalker and UMAREX CO2 cartridges in my UMAREX air guns.
I use the UMAREX BB's in all my air guns through. I like the Hornady Black Diamond BB's also but in my garage I use the UMAREX Precision smooth steel BB's. I like using them also because when I have some rebounds they are easy to see on the floor....lol.
FYI, I use a cheap floor sweeper magnet I got at Princess Auto to clean up the stray rebounds after I'm done shooting. I think you can get them for $15-$20.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2022 12:28 pm 

hey guys. i don,t know if this counts on grease gun pre orders --but air gun source has 15% off today and free shipping. good luck. use code boxing15.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2022 6:03 pm 

pete wrote:
hey guys. i don,t know if this counts on grease gun pre orders --but air gun source has 15% off today and free shipping. good luck. use code boxing15.

Websiite says " closed today " and I don't see anything about 15% off.......??

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2022 6:29 pm 

gerrymax wrote:
pete wrote:

Websiite says " closed today " and I don't see anything about 15% off.......??

i got an email said 15% off and free shipping. use code boxing15. i tried putting something in cart and it did deduct the 15%.