Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:21 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2023 11:21 am 

HI:
Is Blue Book of Airguns Thirteenth Edition worth buying?
Is there a newer or better one?
I have 60 or so airguns (PCP,Spring,Co2,Pump in pistol & long gun) from the past(40's,50's) to recent.
There are a few custom builds etc.
I want to get a somewhat close idea of worth as the insurance co is after value of household items.
Opinions?
Thanks

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2023 1:23 pm 

That is a good question? Usually (50% drop used from new). However, I never seem to find those deals so I always buy new.

For insurance purpose, give them new price as if anything happens you want full replacement?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2023 3:27 pm 

HI:
Thanks WoodWelder!
I know insurance co's are in the game to make(not give) money so an ounce of protection...
The way it sound is in the same way a car is wrecked/stolen.
There is a pay out that is according to a "value book"which is not the purchase price.
I have an old car(Sunbeam Tiger) of mine appraised for insurance as they would not insure it unless I had this done.
I have an older version of the Blue Book of Airguns which makes for some interesting reading but not what I was looking for here.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2023 3:46 pm 

HI:
I bought the book and it is a major piece of literature.(1000 plus pages)
You would be hard pressed to get some of the guns listed at the prices quoted but on the whole the numbers are believable(US$).
Any Beeman stamped gun has a multiplier(wonder why? humor).
I have a 2005 AG Blue Book and found the values comparable to the 2020 ones.
I guess I should have bought gold ($444.99 in 2005)instead of air guns(ha ha).

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2023 3:58 pm 

Ain't that the truth, hobbies/addictions don't make money. hahaha

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2023 7:40 pm 

HI WoodWelder:
Hobbies are expensive but they make life interesting(a debatable point if you are married).
I retired a few years ago so I have to watch what I haul back to the house based on storage.
About 35 years ago I started to collecting old pinball machines.
My kid suddenly got interested in what dear old dad was doing when he saw one of the machines I have get shown on"Pawn Stars".
Because the back glass is signed by the artist this makes a diff.
Its funny as the machine is "Evel Knievel" with art work that would be banned now a days as it's sexist and definitely not politically correct.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2023 7:45 pm 

I played a little pinball back in the day and I know exactly the machine you have.....Nice find! :drinkers: