Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu May 16, 2024 7:21 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Crosman f11 np
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2023 10:10 pm 

Question anyone know if it possible to mod the crosman f11 np to full power I bought it a couple years ago at Canadian tire 300$ with taxes and yea I'm not trying to go and buy another rifle when I get my pal I'd like to possible upgrade this one at least to ~600 with a 14.5grain

Airsoft:
GnG cm17
Asg Styer Aug(real Aug not Chinese jg brand)
Cybergun p90 super high firerate low fps Cqb gun
Co2 1911 airsoft with 3d printed moderator

Post subject: Re: Crosman f11 np
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2023 8:27 am 

Yes it can be done ......but with out a pal ? the forum is not here to tell people how to make non pal airguns to full power airguns .

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2023 9:33 am 

Well no I'm currently waiting on my pal that's why I'm asking if it can be done cause the gun was expensive for just a plinker but I really like the stock yea I can buy a Benji trail np and swap them out but then there's another 300$ but if possible I'd rather just upgrade this gun and keep my grizzly bb/pellet 300 fps for cans it's a single pump. I do t need massive amounts of power the f11 is already shooting at 400 with a 14 grain but I'd like it to be omw hunting legal in Quebec as my small game hunter

Airsoft:
GnG cm17

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2023 10:04 am 

Just to clarify I dont plan on modding the rifle untill I get my pal I'm not one to risk such a unlawful thing I promise on life not worth it! It's literally cause the price for the gun I paid I could go and buy something cheap but why invest 200$ unto another rifle when I can get the kit for cheaper from crosman and not clutter my wall with more rifles I mean I rarely use it to plink anymore after I got the grizzly it's just a single pump so much faster and it's a 70$ gun so I mostly run bbs threw it into my trap/catch one of those giant moving cardboard boxes with a bunch of old towels and a 5mm aluminum plate behind it to keep it light and have a proper back stop for the non pal rifles I'm sure a pal rated would rip right threw it but I'm also never gonna obviously shoot my pal rated rifle at targets in a backyard scenario but it all really comes down to not wasting this gun I already own and to keep small game hunting cheap for myself anything that I would eat can be hunting with air rifle and in Ontario and I think it's Alberta I know you can hunt small game with a non pal pistol most ppl say at 20-30 yards max so a so my 22 at 600 should be decent out to what 45-50 yard granted I can place the shot well I played football for the LaSalle warriors for a couple years back when I was young 50 yards out shooting an Oreo or smaller sized object even with a scope on air rifles not as easily as it sounds

Airsoft:
GnG cm17

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2023 10:48 am 
Site Moderator

The cost to convert is usually close to the cost for a used full-power NP rifle. The strut will be over $60 with tax and the piston is less. Check GunPost and GunNutz for used Crosman/Benjamin NP rifles for around $100. There's a couple on there right now. You can always swap stocks with your F11. Get PAL and buy used. Then you can sell your non-PAL rifle.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2023 11:14 am 

I'll look into it but most def I wanna keep 22 and this stock but to know it's possible is great just in case I don't find anything I'm down for 177 also it was my first choice for the flatter shooting and the availability of pellets and styles but I'm still not 100% sure. at the distance I'm gonna shoot trajectory probably don't really matter but all 177 seem to be pushing 1000-1200 fps now so I know the power will be there even with the lighter pellets but how much more noise does that make is a 177 @ 900 much louder than a 22 firing at 700 or vice versa but if a take a grouse at 30 yard at 900 will it pass threw with the 7.4 I know I could just up the grainage but at that point why not just shoot the 22 I mean that's the argument I'm having with myself and as for a powder fire arm it's overkill imo for what I'm gonna shoot I'm not hunting for sport so no fox no racoons ect at that point I'd rather just shoot targets easier job to clean up after. Actually y'all got me thinking at this point either 177 or 22 will serve my purpose so it does make sense to just buy a used Benji/ crosman that I can switch my stock with 177 or 22 and grab a cheapish alternative caliber to have both and call it a day so I'll have my $$$ not wasted with my Np and grab a cheap daisy 880/crosman 1000/crosman362 as a back up Incase

Airsoft:
GnG cm17

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2023 12:41 pm 

Someone correct me if I'm wrong!

If you make the gun more powerful I think your accuracy will suffer due to the existing gun can't use the heavier grain pellets because the hole is too small? I have come across this issue where a heavy grain pellet will not fit?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2023 1:29 pm 

Fit in the chamber has nothing to do with weight in any given calibre - it has to do with diameter.
Some pellets are larger in head size than others. Some are made in different diameters for accuracy in difference diameter bores.
ex: one of my rifles likes 4.51 and 4.52mm match pellets while a friend's rifle likes 4.49mm pellets of the same make. Those would
almost fall through my bore.
The H&H Rabbit magnum pellets are very large for some reason and too tight in all my rifles, but they make em, so someone
must be shooting them.
The inexpensive (low priced) high powered springers are usually not very accurate. Most rifles that are under 500fps, are reasonably accurate, some very much so.

Snowmtl514 - the 1,000fps and over lower prices rifles, do not actually attain those velocities, however they will shoot in the 700fps to 900fps range - maybe. Most
of them are not very accurate with the inexpensive, run of the mill pellets. One of the local stores here, used to sell them. One of the guys behind the counter knew
I shot air rifles and asked me why everyone who they sold these to brought them back complaining about the lack of accuracy. I gave him the contact information for
stores that carry heavier pellets, so these people could try them, suggesting that in slowing down the speed, they became more accurate. This held out to be true.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2023 1:39 pm 

Daryl wrote:
Fit in the chamber has nothing to do with weight in any given calibre - it has to do with diameter.
Some pellets are larger in head size than others. Some are made in different diameters for accuracy in difference diameter bores.
ex: one of my rifles likes 4.51 and 4.52mm match pellets while a friend's rifle likes 4.49mm pellets of the same make. Those would
almost fall through my bore.
The H&H Rabbit magnum pellets are very large for some reason and too tight in all my rifles, but they make em, so someone
must be shooting them.
The inexpensive (low priced) high powered springers are usually not very accurate. Most rifles that are under 500fps, are reasonably accurate, some very much so.

Snowmtl514 - the 1,000fps and over lower prices rifles, do not actually attain those velocities, however they will shoot in the 700fps to 900fps range - maybe. Most
of them are not very accurate with the inexpensive, run of the mill pellets. One of the local stores here, used to sell them. One of the guys behind the counter knew
I shot air rifles and asked me why everyone who they sold these to brought them back complaining about the lack of accuracy. I gave him the contact information for
stores that carry heavier pellets, so these people could try them, suggesting that in slowing down the speed, they became more accurate. This held out to be true.

Interesting, thanks for the clarification.

So what you are saying is just because the tin says .177 that does not guarantee it will fit?
Weird, I have two tins that are useless to me.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2023 1:57 pm 

Usually they will fit, but not a guarantee. The less expensive pellets are usually undersized & fit virtually all guns, however they might not be accurate.
Air rifles & handguns can be just as finicky as powder burning rifles and handguns. I have a very nice .25 cal. PCP Aselkon that so far, is only accurate
(enough for me) with one pellet out of perhaps 8 or 9 different pellets I have tested in it, so far. Pellets it does not like, actually shoot well in other .25
calibre rifles I have. See, it pays to have more than one. :D (they're like peanuts, can't have just one)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2023 4:49 pm 

https://prnt.sc/1vtdJOhr1AKh
There she is I couldn't upload the picture cause it was larger than 750 kb but I received the intial review completed message iunno when it happened but it changed Soni figured instead of waiting to take her aprt to polish and clean maybe tape up the stock with camo while it's out I heard that my break angle defines I have a long 170 piston head( I add head so springers don't get confused) most likely have the high power NP already but I'ma gonna order the short piston and seal along with a full power Nitro piston Incase I dont have it/ mine is a good 5-6 years old now and iunno what possibly could be wrong but just to have a replacement if anything

Airsoft:
GnG cm17

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2023 8:14 pm 
Site Moderator

Yep, it looks like you have the 170mm piston. The 150mm cocks back further. I have one full power Crosman B18 with NP and it shoots 7.9gr pellets at 925fps. A light 6.9gr RWS SHP would likely do very close to the rated 1000fps. My .177cal Crosman Optimus (B18) was shooting 940fps with 7.9gr when new (spring). It would also likely do close to 1000fps with light pellets. I'm more interested in an accurate rifle with nice shooting behaviour so I detuned the spring Optimus to 760fps in one rifle, 825 in another and 600 for a basement shooter. Accuracy is very good at 50 yards with groups averaging an inch to inch&quarter with quality H&N domed pellets. My NP was doing around 1 5/8" at 50 yards with the high velocity. These rifle do not have choked barrels and I find them fussy about pellet preference. Fat 4.52mm pellets do best in my 4 Crosman B18 rifles.

A friend has a .22cal Crosman Optimus that shoots great with 14.6gr H&N domes. It's tuned to 700fps with 14.3gr.

The Crosman B18 variants are a great deal for the price. They often need a bit of tuning and a piston liner but tinkering is part of the fun.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2023 11:32 am 

Record times or what applied 12/23/2022 just got the notice today 1/21/2023 your license is sent if not in 14 days ect ect not even 30 days amazing no???

Airsoft:
GnG cm17

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 10:48 am 

Good news, now you need to do is check crosman CA website see if they have the full power gas spring--that is the only thing you need for it and mostly, they are out of stock as I'm waiting for my .22 NP <495 gas spring over 3 months after order placed--they send me a .177 by mistake and then told me they are out of stock for the .22....
You better do your research and find the full power one diagram--mostly you can see it from a detailed parts diagram of another crosman full power model with same structure

Finally get my PAL after 1 year waiting