Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:32 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2023 12:04 am 

Anyone remember this blast from the past?

You hung a paper target on the back and as you aimed the gun and pulled the trigger a rod with a pointer punched a hole from the back of the paper thru to the front. We played this till our index finger bled then used the other finger. hahaha

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/254881689730?ha ... Sw1jhakmQY

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2023 3:24 am 

1st one I've ever seen. Still not sure how it works. I get the drift, but????

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2023 9:32 am 

Well, I have never seen one since either. Obviously it could not have been too popular.

It was a good training tool to get used to using the iron sites on the pistol. It never bust a large hole it was more of a needle hole but it gave a pretty good picture of shooting. The black center on the target took about 10 shots to completely remove it.

I don't know what made me remember it as it has been so long ago. It took me awhile to even google it as I forgotten what it was even called.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2023 10:19 am 

My grandfather had one of these he left to my cousin in Nova Scotia I was already in Montreal but when I went back to visit I found it in my cousin shed we were looking for helmets for the ATVs and found it I was soooo confused at first it was sooooooooo badly damaged and rusted out we knew don't bother even trying to shoot it but pretty cool toys back the day man being a 89 baby we didn't really get these cool things growing up in Montreal videogames started making its way in and slowly did the cool "dangerous" toys soon go away I remember my first slingshot glow in the dark bands on a wooden Y shape my uncle carved and never put it together just had to cut the holes for the elastics

Airsoft:
GnG cm17
Asg Styer Aug(real Aug not Chinese jg brand)
Cybergun p90 super high firerate low fps Cqb gun
Co2 1911 airsoft with 3d printed moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2023 12:17 pm 

Snowmtl514 wrote:
My grandfather had one of these he left to my cousin in Nova Scotia I was already in Montreal but when I went back to visit I found it in my cousin shed we were looking for helmets for the ATVs and found it I was soooo confused at first it was sooooooooo badly damaged and rusted out we knew don't bother even trying to shoot it but pretty cool toys back the day man being a 89 baby we didn't really get these cool things growing up in Montreal videogames started making its way in and slowly did the cool "dangerous" toys soon go away I remember my first slingshot glow in the dark bands on a wooden Y shape my uncle carved and never put it together just had to cut the holes for the elastics

Interesting you say your grandfather owned, it was likely his as a kid, who knows?

I'm not a grandfather only because I never had kids but I'm the age of one. My childhood friend at the time owned this and if my memory is correct, it could have been his dad's? My guess, and I could be wrong......This unit could be late 40's mid 50's.

I'm thrilled someone remembers it. :drinkers: