Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:01 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: New to the forum
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2023 10:39 pm 

Hello all members, Happy New Year! Hopefully this is going to be a good year for the records. I am a self imposed workoholic and my new years resolution is to have a little fun, slow down and smell the roses. I havent had some simple fun since I could remember. I thought back to when I was young and the three most fun things I used to do was ride my bicyle, go fishing and fire bb guns at cans. I bought a bike, got my fishing license and gear, now I need to enjoy the art of marksmanship. You all are very knowledgeable and I respect your advice. My last air rifle was a daisy. I have not had the chance to really get out there and look but a simple crack barrel air rifle of decent guality would suite me right now. My sons friend came over to practice target shooting in our yard and it brought back memories so I wanted to sharpen my skills. Anyone have any suggestions on a new one or good quality used, nothing a P.A.L is needed for

Post subject: Re: New to the forum
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2023 12:23 am 

Welcome,
Wait, there's roses, nobody told me there were roses - where?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2023 6:41 am 

Welcome to the forum.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2023 7:43 am 

Welcome to the forum.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2023 9:01 am 

Welcome~ you can keep an eye on our sales section and check those Canadian stores~
By the way, what's your budget and anything you already have an eye on?!

FWB300SU#Tau-7#IZH-46M#FWB-65#CP88-C
~Target~
HW 30s/35e/97k/40+Extender/P3+Scope/70#CZ200s Laminated@10fpe#AA ProSport-177@12fpe

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2023 10:56 am 

Daryl wrote:
Welcome,
Wait, there's roses, nobody told me there were roses - where?

LOL, well there's this..topic92926.html
Welcome to the forum. I suggest you start a new thread about what you want to do with your new rifle and how much $ you want to spend, and you'll get some good insight as to what's available. :drinkers:

))))----//----------==

Iacio, ergo sum

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2023 8:53 pm 

Thank you for the warm welcome. As for budget, not really. I have always been conservative with life but at this point, i want decent for a beginner, like maybe 150-200 without scope 300 tops as long as its not complicated,like you run an app on your smart phone saying you breathed out to heavily on your last shot. I am just guessing at air becuase I dont know how far pellet gun technology has come. i know of 3 bicyle apps that judge your cadence speed ....bla,bla,bla. i just want to have some fun like shoot some glass bottles,tin cans but with accuracy. I am fortunate enough, for now at least, to live in the house I grew up in. Its in the country, the farmer that leases the land forbids dirt bikes, hunting but never said I cant target shoot, yet at least. I would hope there is no issue, we do alot of clean up on the grounds as we walk our dog. I was thinking princess auto, for a rifle, no hand guns at all, my hands are not steady and I really dont like them, but in fairness have not tried one. If I grow a passion for one , maybe. For now some good brand, not too light, no p.a.l guns but something rugged,durable and acurate

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2023 6:25 am 

As Duke stated, start a new thread on gun acquisition, as you will need a higher post count to contact fellow members. Welcome aboard

Robert