Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Amazon Conundrum
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2023 10:46 pm 

I ordered an item from amazon Dec. 18 with a guaranteed shipping date of Dec. 28 to Jan. 4.... I was given a tracking number from the seller.

I contacted the seller on Jan. 5 and mentioned the tracking number supplied could not be found at the Canada Post Site. Amazon told me if seller doesn't contact within two days that I was to contact Amazon again. I contacted Amazon again and I was given until Jan. 12 and if package doesn't show up, I can apply for a refund on Jan.13.

I got my refund put back on my credit card and all is good.

Today Jan.19 the package shows up and I am left with this conundrum of, I got an item for free and I don't feel right about it? :(

What should I or what would you do in this case?

Post subject: Re: Amazon Conundrum
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2023 10:53 pm 

Contact seller and pay them

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2023 11:00 pm 

Similar to Voltars suggestion, contact Amazon help, explain the situation, pay whoever they direct you to pay, sleep guilt free.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2023 12:16 am 

recently read these wise words somewhere ....
"..Once you replace negative thoughts with positive ones, you'll start having positive results..."

who are you?
who, who.
who, who?

Tracey Wilson, CCFR

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2023 6:27 am 

Pay them.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2023 7:18 am 

hey w. similar thing happened to me on e-bay. my package must have got lost in the mail somewhere. so i got my money back. and a long time later lo and behold the package came. so i contacted the seller and told them it came-- and i would gladly pay them. they thanked me for being honest. and they told me not to worry about it and enjoy it.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2023 8:08 am 

There is really no option anymore to contact seller. When I click "problem with the order" it shows refunded like its a done deal?

I have bought many items from Amazon and many of the items have come from a "brick and mortar" business I can google and find their location with phone number.

The item seller is CANADA DIST and WHOLESALE. Who is that?

I ordered the same product from a different company and it will be on my doorstep on the 26th and won't be delivered by Canada Post.

Trust me, I want to pay the seller......No one appreciates being ripped off!

KEEP THE WISDOM COMING! I need help to solve this.

Nice zinger/wisecrack there Leon Yrag. That made me laugh out loud, I'm starting to feel like I found a good home here. Thanks for that.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2023 9:50 am 

can amazon be let known as to correct any black mark they may have put against the seller?

Tracey Wilson, CCFR

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2023 10:30 am 

Have to say the Amazon changed a lot on how to get help if you got a question which is not inside the QnA list... It looks operated by an AI-challenged robot now...

FWB300SU#Tau-7#IZH-46M#FWB-65#CP88-C
~Target~
HW 30s/35e/97k/40+Extender/P3+Scope/70#CZ200s Laminated@10fpe#AA ProSport-177@12fpe

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2023 11:10 am 

Well, the conundrum began when you contacted Amazon on Jan 13 to request a refund. At that point you committed to getting a refund, which you received promptly. Donate the price of the item to charity and balance the karma.

))))----//----------==

Iacio ergo sum

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2023 2:10 pm 

Duke's suggestion sounds good to me, if you cannot contact & pay Amazon. Contacting and paying Amazon would be the "best case scenario".
I once ordered a magazine "kit" for my single shot Brocock rifle - after 3 months it had not arrived, so contacted the British Outfit again, and
they sent me a new kit. After I got that one the first appeared in my mail-box, fully 4 1/2 months after ordering it in a very ratty looking box,
chewed up box but everything there.
I contacted the British firm about re-payment for the 2nd one (I only have one of those rifles) and they said "thank you for contacting us, no need
to pay again".

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2023 6:12 pm 

I guess my big question is, at what time frame does Amazon release the funds to the seller?
I followed Amazon's advice on contacting the seller who is (CANADA DIST and WHOLESALE) I gave them two days from the advice of Amazon. If no contact, I was instructed to wait another frame of time.

Conclusion: With no contact from seller, stressing myself out communicating with an algorithm robot. I put my thumb on my nose while waving my four fingers and saying neener, neaner! :lol: :butthead: :lol:

My $127.00 dollar donation has been sent! :mrgreen:

Good advice was given and I appreciate all that contributed to my conundrum. :drinkers:

THANKS FOLKS!

Post subject: Re: Conundrum
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2023 11:12 pm 

$127.oo ?! :shock:

i'm positive i woulda kept it.
____
:mrgreen:

Tracey Wilson, CCFR