Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2023 5:10 am 

I am extremely new to this and bought a Glock 17 Gen 4. It came a little banged up and package looked cracked and previously opened. I am wondering when the slide is pulled back and the barrel is exposed, is it suppose to be extremely loose and clank and move freely back and forth? Also the pin will not come out to change the backstraps. It looks like a tool has previously been used to try and push it out.

Attachments:
17 gen 4.jpg
17 gen 4.jpg [ 344.66 KiB | Viewed 839 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2023 6:07 pm 

For the barrel, it's called floating barrel and is absolutely normal. For the pin it goes out to one side only (I dont remember what side) because it is serrated at one end...

SilentMan... :drinkers:

6mm
Not enough and to many.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2023 8:01 pm 

When the slide is forward and in locked position, the barrel should be solid to the frame.
When the slide is back, the locking lugs on the barrel are disengaged, which makes the barrel feel loose and sloppy.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2023 9:14 pm 

Just tried on my Gen4 - when slide is back barrel is quite loose, I can move it back and forth, when slide is locked forward barrel is not moving, maybe just a little with the slide. To fair, on 9mm Glock you can move slide a little left and right, pretty much the same as on Umarex Gen4. On my Umarex Glock inner barrel was too lose for my liking, so I put some electric tape on it to reduce it's movement in outer barrel. It's a very good replica, but it's still CO2 BB gun : )