Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 12:15 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2023 3:27 am 

Daryl wrote:
The barrel band would be necessary with that device, along with the long barrel & shroud.
That barrel does have a shroud, doesn't it? Does that come with the 700mm barrel?

The barrel has a carbon fibre shroud I made by cutting some carbon fibre tube. I got the carbon fibre from amazon

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2023 11:36 am 

Sounds like the barrel isn't stiff enough to support the weight of the tuner. So you are now tuning the unsupported length beyond the band.

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2023 12:22 pm 

The whole system of locking is not, in my opinion stiff enough to support any weight. I put 2 of ineedpal's barrel bands on mine.

Attachments:
IMG_3295.JPG
IMG_3295.JPG [ 588.28 KiB | Viewed 1171 times ]

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2023 12:44 pm 

I used one of ineedpal's barrel band on my Dreamline in place of factory barrel band and moved it up further towards the front, also installed a muzzle brake. I found this setup works great for me, 20 fpe, FT tune.ImageImage

我從使用 Tapatalk 的 TAS-AL00 發送

Feinwerkbau 300S
FX Dreamline Classic
Weihrauch HW100KT FSB
Weihrauch HW97KT
Weihrauch HW50S
Artemis M16
Artemis PP700
Weihrauch HW40
Beeman P17
Stoeger XP4

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2023 2:30 pm 

grantmac wrote:
Sounds like the barrel isn't stiff enough to support the weight of the tuner. So you are now tuning the unsupported length beyond the band.

That is possible, I have the barrel under tension but I can not get it as tight with the tuner compared to the air stripper. My best group was .75 inch at 100 yards using the superior liner and Knock out slugs so I am happy with the accuracy, not sure of the science behind it. Now that I have the heavy liner, I will redo my testing to see if the results are the same.

Just a thought, the barrel band has and o ring and two rubber pieces that hold the shroud in place, maybe the o ring and rubber are soft enough that the barrel can be effected by the tuner, I am not sure.

Last edited by Skanzy on Thu May 18, 2023 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2023 2:33 pm 

Daryl wrote:
The whole system of locking is not, in my opinion stiff enough to support any weight. I put 2 of ineedpal's barrel bands on mine.

Do you have a carbon fibre sleeve on the liner? When I got my dreamline I was surprised to see the Super lite barrel system that is used on the FX crown, I am not a fan of it.

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2023 2:36 pm 

tom_ke888 wrote:
I used one of ineedpal's barrel band on my Dreamline in place of factory barrel band and moved it up further towards the front, also installed a muzzle brake. I found this setup works great for me, 20 fpe, FT tune.ImageImage

我從使用 Tapatalk 的 TAS-AL00 發送

Very nice, I like the look of that muzzle break, looks like it is ment to be on the Dreamline.

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2023 6:03 pm 

Nothing but stock and the 2 barrel bands. I've not shot it past 55yards so far on paper, but did fire a few shots on the RF silhouette ram at 100 meters - 5 hits in a row, easy using Hades pellets.
Same think with the Aselkon .25 MX9 using 33.95gr. JSB Diabolos. The Condor made a better group at that range, though using Hades pellets as well, I was quite surprised at that. It was actually easy
to hit at those ranges and was running 100fps higher vel.

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2023 2:54 am 

how did you get the carbon fiber sleeve to stay in place? just with the barrel band like howd you attach it to the frame?

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2023 3:34 am 

Very good ideas and working, however, just wondering how much you spend on this project, maybe can buy a new impact? :drinkers:

Finally get my PAL after 1 year waiting

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2023 4:37 am 

Atlas_cn wrote:
Very good ideas and working, however, just wondering how much you spend on this project, maybe can buy a new impact? :drinkers:

I sold pieces of the original gun like the stock, barrel, shroud, liner and other small parts to fund some of the parts I bought. If I did get the impact I would have to buy all the bells and whistles for it and that would get expensive. A new imapct is around $3500 with tax, I have less into this gun then that.

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2023 5:30 am 

Ravenairgun wrote:
how did you get the carbon fiber sleeve to stay in place? just with the barrel band like howd you attach it to the frame?

It has a tension barrel kit on the gun. The barrel is held by two screws, the carbon fibre shroud slides over the barrel and is held in place when you tighten the harmonic tuner. The shroud is sandwiched between the frame and the harmonic tuner.

Ernest Rowe has a video that might explain it better....

https://youtu.be/n4nu-77SZg0

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2023 7:15 pm 

I have been busy lately but I was able to get more out of the hammer spring by shimming with thicker washers.
Increased reg. pressure from 150 bar to just below or at 160 bar.
Approx. 220 bar fill

Chrony 4 yards or 12 feet away, gun is in a vise.

.250 cal 38 gr. H&N slugs

That woud be around 93 ft-lb at the muzzle!

I could get a shot or two more if I filled to 230 bar.

I may buy digital gauges soon to get a more accurate reading.

Going to buy some 40gr. to try next, the 38gr. might be too quick, I need a day at the farm to test accuracy. Small game starts Sept. 25th where I live. Squirrels have a limit of five a day so ten shots or so should be enough.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2023 12:34 pm 

You've done a LOT of work on this gun explaining quite well along the journey. Thanks for this thread. Enlightening .

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2023 9:30 pm 

Skanzy, 3/4" at 100 yrds. is GREAT!
I take it, that is with the slug liner.
Best mine will do is just barely sub 1/2" at 55yds.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next