Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 8:13 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Roots
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2023 12:30 am 

Hello all,

After watching every shooting discipline covered at the “2020” Tokyo olympics I’ve been feeling the draw to go back to my roots in shooting sports, airguns. I did quite well with the 853c during my reign in cadets but never thought much of it again till more recently. Field Target seems like an incredible way to get some trigger time without needing a range membership so hoping to make it out to a match this year. Nothing in the stable yet..I like the versatility of the hw50s and I see a few show up on the cafta results but the TX200.. :heart: It’s just the experience and trigger time I’m interested in for now however so unsure about making such an investment. That’s all for now!

Post subject: Re: Roots
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2023 8:03 am 

Welcome to CAF lots of guy's here will talk you into spending money on airgun ........... :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2023 8:16 am 

Welcome to the forum.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2023 1:32 pm 

Zonechamp wrote:
Field Target seems like an incredible way to get some trigger time without needing a range membership so hoping to make it out to a match this year. Nothing in the stable yet..I like the versatility of the hw50s and I see a few show up on the cafta results but the TX200.. [emoji813] It’s just the experience and trigger time I’m interested in for now however so unsure about making such an investment. That’s all for now!

Welcome Z.
Where do you live? I see your interest in FT so I am guessing that it is within a reasonable drive of our FT matches. (The definition of "a reasonable drive " varies from person to person - several of us drive a couple hours each way for this addictive hobby)! If so, I hope to see you at several matches once the season starts next month.
I shot my first FT match with a $130 Crosman Optimus. I then upgraded to an HW50s for a few matches, then I saw a used TX200 up for sale.... (I am a springer guy).
We have had a couple guys come out and shoot a regular match last year using open sights. You can jump in as deep as you like from a hardware perspective.

Lots of great folks on these forums who regularly tune a budget rifle into a very capable entry level FT shooter.

I look forward to meeting you at the matches.
Rob27

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2023 7:52 pm 

Thanks everyone!

Rob- I am within reasonable drive of other rob’s matches :lol:
If all things align I will try make it to the opener! Seemed like a good one for a first timer last year.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2023 12:55 pm 

Awesome! 

I am not sure who the "other Rob" is but I am glad to hear that you will be getting out and shooting FT soon.

For FT in Ontario, Brian (forum name=bdub) is the Match Director for Hamilton, Tim  (forum name=Mac)for Grenville, and me for Port Colborne.

If you (or anyone else) have any questions about FT or want to talk to someone before coming out to a match, just reach out to one of us or post a note on the FT forum and many others will happily offer a wealth of advice and support.  If you want to talk in the old fashioned telephone way, just let me know.

Rob27 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:05 pm 

Welcome to the forum. Hope you find what you need.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2023 11:50 pm 

That’s good to know!

Thanks again everyone

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2023 5:52 pm 

Welcome from southern Alberta!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2023 12:07 pm 

I am also interested in field target shooting. Hamilton area events would be closest to me.
Keeping an eye out…

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2023 7:22 pm 

Budley wrote:
I am also interested in field target shooting. Hamilton area events would be closest to me.
Keeping an eye out…
Welcome Budley. Please start an intro post of your own to tell us about yourself.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2023 3:43 am 

Budley wrote:
Keeping an eye out…

Welcome!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2023 12:50 pm 

Welcome to the forum.
I've been helping my girlfriends daughter with her shooting in Cadets. I believe she is a better shot than I'll ever be. I tried to challenge her this morning with her cadet rifle. I used my tx200. She beat the pants off me. I did better using her cadet rifle. I usually shoot of a rest. Trying to shoot my TX offhand didn't go well.

The airgun forum store has a great deal on a HW50S as well as the HW30S. Tax is included and the shipping is fast.

Hatsan AT44 .25
Daisy Avanti 753S, 2x Daisy 953 cadet
2x Tau7