Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:04 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Hello
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2023 5:56 pm 

Hello from NS.

My girlfriends daughter is in Cadets. In a few weeks she will be competing in the marksmanship competition.

A couple of years ago I'd bought her a 753S. At the time it was supposed to have been the gun the Canadian Government was replacing the discontinued 853c with. Apparently now they have decided I assume based mostly on price that the replacement will be the 953 Cadet.
I recently acquired a 953 for her. It doesn't seem to shoot quite as well as the 753.

Her other daughter is 11 and has decided she wanted to learn to shoot. Today I bought a Stoeger x20gt at Canadian tire, thinking it would be a decent gun and easier to learn with than one with peep sights. Initial impressions are that it sucks. I fired a couple hundred pellets out of it this evening. The sights are very poor quality, I had to turn the windage almost hard to the left, you can see they are way over on the left side of the barrel. The elevation is turned up way higher than I believe it should be as well. I'm shooting at 10m in my basement. With Crosman wadcutters I was lucky to get a 2" grouping. With middleweight JSB match Diablo it was a marginally tighter 5 shot group. With Beeman coated wadcutter 1261 pellets it tightened up to close to an inch.
My son dropped off an older Stoeger X5 this morning that I tried as well, with similar results.
Are these rifles just that inaccurate?
I don't care for peep sights but I can shoot 3/8" groups with either daisy at the same distance.

Hatsan AT44 .25
Daisy Avanti 753S, 2x Daisy 953 cadet
2x Tau7

Post subject: Re: Hello
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2023 8:29 am 

Welcome to the forum ..I am not a fan of made in china airguns there is always something wrong with them if not right out of the box there will be soon be ..You want something that will shoot find one of these Cz Slavia 630 as far as i know there not made any more but there not hard to find and there is a lot of other great choices and i am sure member here will let you know ..........

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2023 8:53 am 

lauchlin wrote:
Welcome to the forum ..I am not a fan of made in china airguns there is always something wrong with them if not right out of the box there will be soon be ..You want something that will shoot find one of these as far as i know there not made any more but there not hard to find and there is a lot of other great choices and i am sure member here will let you know ..........

I might be slow or maybe I missed something. You said "find one of these". But I'm not sure what one of these is.

Hatsan AT44 .25
2x Tau7

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2023 8:55 am 

Welcome to the forum~

Yeah... There's still way to go of the Chinese airguns. However you get what you paid for. And I don't think you can get good airguns in CT, to be honest...

The 753, 853 is much better than 953. On the price you can see that already. Anyway, I think the 953 is still far more better than the two you bought from CT.

Actually I found the newly made European 'nice' airguns are not as nice as before either... Quality vs Profit (or I should say 'cost control'?!) is an issue....

FWB300SU#Tau-7#IZH-46M#FWB-65#CP88-C
~Target~
HW 30s/35e/97k/40+Extender/P3+Scope/70#CZ200s Laminated@10fpe#AA ProSport-177@12fpe

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2023 9:24 am 

YepYep wrote:
Welcome to the forum~

Yeah... There's still way to go of the Chinese airguns. However you get what you paid for. And I don't think you can get good airguns in CT, to be honest...

The 753, 853 is much better than 953. On the price you can see that already. Anyway, I think the 953 is still far more better than the two you bought from CT.

Actually I found the newly made European 'nice' airguns are not as nice as before either... Quality vs Profit (or I should say 'cost control'?!) is an issue....

Yes, I like the 753. After shooting quite a few rounds though the spring guns I picked up the 753 to see if it was just me, where I had trouble keeping the spring guns in the black on a 10m target I put 10 pellets inside the 8 ring with the 753 without trying too hard.
I'm thinking I want to get a top shelf pcp, but I know nothing about them. I'm not looking to hunt with air as I have plenty of good quality hunting guns. I want a smooth recoiless gun that any of us can shoot, if we can't hit the 10 ring at 10 or 20m it is us not the gun. I have an rpal, my gf and her daughter just took their pal course last weekend.

Hatsan AT44 .25
2x Tau7

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2023 9:27 am 

NovaNewfie wrote:
lauchlin wrote:
Welcome to the forum ..I am not a fan of made in china airguns there is always something wrong with them if not right out of the box there will be soon be ..You want something that will shoot find one of these as far as i know there not made any more but there not hard to find and there is a lot of other great choices and i am sure member here will let you know ..........

I might be slow or maybe I missed something. You said "find one of these". But I'm not sure what one of these is.

I can see it Cz Slavia 630 LOL sorry first cup of coffee

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2023 9:46 am 

Welcome to the forum.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2023 3:27 pm 

lauchlin wrote:
NovaNewfie wrote:
lauchlin wrote:

I can see it Cz Slavia 630 LOL sorry first cup of coffee

No worries,thanks. Is there a like button for posts? I like to acknowledge replies in forums but not everyone requires a reply.

Hatsan AT44 .25
2x Tau7

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2023 7:25 pm 

Welcome from southern Alberta

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2023 7:47 pm 

Quote:
Is there a like button for posts? I like to acknowledge replies in forums but not everyone requires a reply.

Sorry no button

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2023 6:29 am 

Welcome to the CAF. I’m not to far away as I’m in Moncton, NB. I’ve got a couple PCP Airguns in .25 if interested in trying one out along with some knowledge on filling a PCP airgun. Pump. SCBA tank.
Advocate Harbour is a beautiful place. Did some fast miles through the many turns on a motorcycle a couple years back along with just going for a drive in car through there.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2023 7:40 am 

Welcome to the form. CZ 200 or AA 200 same gun really. Tack driver small light gun that will stack pellet on pellet at 10m and 20m with ease. also not expensive to buy. Check form store for new and the for sale section of this form for used ones. I highly recommend them. PM me if you have any questions about them. fellow newify :drinkers: https://www.airgunsource.ca/us/ https://canadashootingsupply.ca/ https://airgunarcheryfun.ca/ Some of our top places to shop in Canada. Happy shooting.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2023 7:56 am 

CBS shooter wrote:
Welcome to the form. CZ 200 or AA 200 same gun really. Tack driver small light gun that will stack pellet on pellet at 10m and 20m with ease. also not expensive to buy. Check form store for new and the for sale section of this form for used ones. I highly recommend them. PM me if you have any questions about them. fellow newify :drinkers: https://www.airgunsource.ca/us/ https://canadashootingsupply.ca/ https://airgunarcheryfun.ca/ Some of our top places to shop in Canada. Happy shooting.

Thanks.
Just to clarify I'm not a Newfie. My son is. He was born in Nfld. But that's the name of my boat. The Nova Newfie.

Hatsan AT44 .25
2x Tau7

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2023 8:03 am 

Hunter34 wrote:
Welcome to the CAF. I’m not to far away as I’m in Moncton, NB. I’ve got a couple PCP Airguns in .25 if interested in trying one out along with some knowledge on filling a PCP airgun. Pump. SCBA tank.
Advocate Harbour is a beautiful place. Did some fast miles through the many turns on a motorcycle a couple years back along with just going for a drive in car through there.

It's a nice spot down here. I've lived here most of my life.
Are there any clubs around Southern NB that do air gun shoots?

Hatsan AT44 .25
2x Tau7