Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 7:27 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2023 12:46 pm 

Here are a couple pictures of my latest build, it's a Diana Chaser with a 18" barrel. Currently set up with an Alliance Hobby fill adapter to run on a bottle. The stock is a slightly modified CP2 stock i found on https://www.printables.com/model/42072- ... e-stock-v3 .From my previous thread, I have a Safepac to add to this sometime in the future. I have not shot it yet and it's still a work in progress but this is how it will look - maybe some minor cosmetic details to be added. I much prefer this to the tactical AR style I did for my Bandit, so likely I'll make a similar stock for the Bandit in the near future. I may go funky and print a second stock in blue or charcoal grey.

I quite like how this turned out. For my second build I will try to modify the files to make a version with a bit more heft, bulkier in other words as this one is quite lightweight - maybe a good thing for hunting, but I'll be shooting bench tethered to a HPA tank most often.
My print was done in PETG except for the butt pad which I did in TPU. Notice the fine detail in the butt pad :lol:
I wanted to etch a Diana logo but couldn't figure out how to do that.

I also have a Chaser shoulder stock that came with this package, but no pistol grip. I intend to print a pistol grip with the bottom notch to fit the stock shoulder stock, sometime in the future. Thanks and shout out to YepYep who kindly took a bunch of pictures for me so I can get started on the 3D model of the grips for this. It's how I spend the cold wintry nights keeping busy and away from the fridge.

In the mail are a multishot magazine from Indeepal, and a trigger guard from Wes at AAF. This isn't a seller feedback thread, but I would like to mention these guys and give thanks because they go out of their way to help us out so often, maybe even all the time. :D :D Other retailers wouldn't send me those 2 small parts by letter mail. :evil:

Attachments:
Chaser Skeleton 1.jpg
Chaser Skeleton 1.jpg [ 75.19 KiB | Viewed 1191 times ]
Chaser tethered.jpg
Chaser tethered.jpg [ 108.04 KiB | Viewed 1192 times ]
Chaser Skeleton 2.jpg
Chaser Skeleton 2.jpg [ 71.49 KiB | Viewed 1192 times ]

))))----//----------==

Iacio, ergo sum

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2023 1:18 pm 

That's an interesting rifle. What are the ballistics?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2023 1:25 pm 

Daryl wrote:
That's an interesting rifle. What are the ballistics?

ATM, untested and disassembled, for obvious reasons.
It will be tuned to under 500 on standard 12g CO2 cart.

))))----//----------==

Iacio, ergo sum

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2023 2:19 pm 

Looks good. Bet it's really light weight.

I see you got glue joints. Often that's necessary due to printer size constraints. But if you are smart about the printing orientation you can also optimize for strength. For example align the filament to the direction of maximum stress.

Freecad should allow you to design a buttpad, and you can etch any writings onto it.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2023 2:34 pm 

Looks good... and I'm surprised to see that someone received their order from Alliance Hobby, they have a terrible reputation.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2023 4:14 pm 

Well~ this HPA Chaser looks nice~
So Mr.Duke, you are going to the next stage to make the PCP 2240 or Chaser then?! :thumbs: I am looking forward to that too~

FWB300SU#Tau-7#IZH-46M#FWB-65#CP88-C
~Target~
HW 30s/35e/97k/40+Extender/P3+Scope/70#CZ200s Laminated@10fpe#AA ProSport-177@12fpe

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2023 4:21 pm 

YepYep wrote:
Well~ this HPA Chaser looks nice~
So Mr.Duke, you are going to the next stage to make the PCP 2240 or Chaser then?! :thumbs: I am looking forward to that too~

Yes, I think I mentioned it to you earlier, I have a 2240 in PCP, but still in pieces. Maybe I'll work on it next week.

))))----//----------==

Iacio, ergo sum

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2023 9:06 pm 

I like the shape of the stock, nice carbine :drinkers:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2023 9:27 pm 
Site Moderator

Nice little rig!