Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:43 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2023 6:57 am 

Daryl wrote:
These have quite large field of view. don't know what you are referring to, with the large "black circle'.
Mine, 30mm tube and 44 mm 0bjective lens do not have either small field of view or large black circle.
These are even shorter & have an immense field of view.
I have the 10x40 on my Condor. Love it on that rifle.
https://airgunarcheryfun.ca/immersive-o ... d-1450mde/

1450MD-M14×50: Mildot with MOA adjustable mounts

1450MDE-M14×50: Mildot Extended with MOA adjustable mounts
It's a little bit difficult to explain without a good picture and you know it's very hard to take a sight picture through the scope you are using without proper adapter or accessories...

I tried the compact models a few times. The most present one was on my cz200 as I don't want to put on the on barrel scope base so I had to use a compact style scope... And the experience is not as good as a normal design... Just like what I had before...

And then I ordered that 'over killed' scope which designed for magnum springer again and put the second one on the cz200. One of the provided feature for that scope is the 'ultra slim tunnel vision'. On the sight picture, you barely see the circle around the picture, Just like the new a days 'no frame' OLED TV vs the old LCD TV years ago... I think you know what I mean.... ImageImageImage

FWB300SU#Tau-7#IZH-46M#FWB-65#CP88-C
~Target~
HW 30s/35e/97k/40+Extender/P3+Scope/70#CZ200s Laminated@10fpe#AA ProSport-177@12fpe

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2023 9:46 pm 

Use the domed pellets and they just roll in without even looking after you have done it a number of times. The scope is absolutely perfect for a TX with 10X on the low end and up to 50 on the top. There is a reason why people are winning so many matches with the TX and 10-50 scopes. Many people find the target on lower power and zoom up to range find and shoot. Once set up, that scope will range find within a yard up to 50 yards or so.

I had a Sightron 10-50 on my TX and had no issues with loading pellets. The scope bell was a few MM from the tube. I just use my thumb and pointer to hold the pellet facing forward, roll the pellet in and seat with with my thumb. I never lift the gun off my knee in seated position and never look in to see the breech; just do it by feel.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2023 9:57 pm 

You, Dave, are more dexterous than I am. Good for you. I even have to look to load the Condor. Clumsy thumbs, 5 on each hand.
Oh yeah - and the Condor is a .25.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2023 9:04 am 

Mac wrote:
Use the domed pellets and they just roll in without even looking after you have done it a number of times. The scope is absolutely perfect for a TX with 10X on the low end and up to 50 on the top. There is a reason why people are winning so many matches with the TX and 10-50 scopes. Many people find the target on lower power and zoom up to range find and shoot. Once set up, that scope will range find within a yard up to 50 yards or so.

I had a Sightron 10-50 on my TX and had no issues with loading pellets. The scope bell was a few MM from the tube. I just use my thumb and pointer to hold the pellet facing forward, roll the pellet in and seat with with my thumb. I never lift the gun off my knee in seated position and never look in to see the breech; just do it by feel.

Thats what I have been doing with doomed pellets as well. I don't think it would be any easier without a scope even. All that will fit in the loading port is my index finger and thumb. Wadcutters are not near as easy to start in the barrel.
I' very never used parallax for range finding until I got this scope. The few experiments I've done it seems to work very well.

Hatsan AT44 .25
Daisy Avanti 753S, 2x Daisy 953 cadet
2x Tau7

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2023 4:14 pm 

I don't think I have shot a wadcutter in any of my three TX rifles. The domes centre in pretty easily. I will drop one from time to time, but it is a pellet, so no biggie. Just make sure you do not drop a pellet in the breech area and then close it up. Pellet gets crushed and sometimes wedges in pretty tight. I shot a guy's TX once that had an actual build up of lead squashed at the front of the breech. If I drop a pellet in the breech, I just tip the rifle upside down and it falls out.

Did Travis have a range tape on the large sidewheel? Would be handy as an example if he did, but it probably would not match up perfectly for you since your eyesight would be different from Travis'.

I set my scopes up in the shade when the temperature is between 65 to 75F. I just use popsicle sticks with a very fine marker pattern on them to focus on. I put them in the ground every yard from 10-20 and mark the wheel as I check each yard very carefully. I then move the sticks to 21-30, ..... I use plastic tape to cover the wheel for marking and a very fine permanent marker to place the small line for the range and the number beside it. I go every yard from 10 to 25 and then do 27, 30 32, 35, 37, ....

Each spring I check a few different distances to make sure my eyes have not changed enough to require me to redo my scope yardage marks.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2023 5:40 pm 

WOW Tim (not Dave - sorry) pretty fine adjustments. The Immersive is supposed to be a good one for ranging, but unless the Immersive scopes that Element is selling now
have adjustable power scopes in this line, looks like 14 is as high as they go.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2023 7:33 pm 

Mac wrote:
I don't think I have shot a wadcutter in any of my three TX rifles. The domes centre in pretty easily. I will drop one from time to time, but it is a pellet, so no biggie. Just make sure you do not drop a pellet in the breech area and then close it up. Pellet gets crushed and sometimes wedges in pretty tight. I shot a guy's TX once that had an actual build up of lead squashed at the front of the breech. If I drop a pellet in the breech, I just tip the rifle upside down and it falls out.

Did Travis have a range tape on the large sidewheel? Would be handy as an example if he did, but it probably would not match up perfectly for you since your eyesight would be different from Travis'.

I set my scopes up in the shade when the temperature is between 65 to 75F. I just use popsicle sticks with a very fine marker pattern on them to focus on. I put them in the ground every yard from 10-20 and mark the wheel as I check each yard very carefully. I then move the sticks to 21-30, ..... I use plastic tape to cover the wheel for marking and a very fine permanent marker to place the small line for the range and the number beside it. I go every yard from 10 to 25 and then do 27, 30 32, 35, 37, ....

Each spring I check a few different distances to make sure my eyes have not changed enough to require me to redo my scope yardage marks.

Thats a good tip. Thanks.

No there wasn't a tape on the sidewheel. I haven’t had the weather to shoot it outside much yet. Do .177 drop enough to need to know yards from 10-25 in 1 yard increments?

I ordered an adjustable 1 piece mount so I can hopefully use the real crosshairs.

Hatsan AT44 .25
2x Tau7

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2023 10:45 pm 

Many people think the flat point match pellets aren't accurate past a certain distance, maybe 15 or 20 yards. From most rifles, that very well may be,
however from my FWB M150 Tyrolean, the R10 RWS 8.2(?)gr. still shot little tiny bug holes for 5 shots at 25 yards. So - I'm thinking they may or may not shoot
in your rifle. Only one way to find out.
Due to the very poor ballistic shape I would not use them for hunting. There are too many better pellets for that, that also shoot well.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 7:59 am 

NovaNewfie wrote:
Do .177 drop enough to need to know yards from 10-25 in 1 yard increments?

The big challenge at shorter range is the height of scope over bore not pellet drop.

The center of my scope is 2.25 inches above the bore of my TX200. My near zero is 25 yards so if you ignore the minimal drop out to 25 yards you have 2.25 / 25 = 0.09 so every 2 yards is a pellet width.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 6:37 pm 

Rob27 wrote:
NovaNewfie wrote:

The big challenge at shorter range is the height of scope over bore not pellet drop.

The center of my scope is 2.25 inches above the bore of my TX200. My near zero is 25 yards so if you ignore the minimal drop out to 25 yards you have 2.25 / 25 = 0.09 so every 2 yards is a pellet width.

That makes sense. Mine is that high or higher. I tried it at 25 meters today. I was still shooting high. My adjustable mount should hopefully help that.
I also tried my HW30S at 25 meters. It seems to shoot very well at that distance, I could use more practice though.

Hatsan AT44 .25
2x Tau7

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 9:37 pm 

Rob27 wrote:
NovaNewfie wrote:

I don't quite understand Rob. If you are zeroed at 25 yards, there is no drop out to 25 yards. The pellet is always rising to the crosshairs with a scope that high - if it is a high powered rifle, that is.
Seems according to Hawke, you also have a zero at 31 yards, with the pellet less than 1/2" high between those two ranges.
That was for an Exact 8.44 gr. pellet at 895fps and 15.1fpe. About normal for those rifles, I think.
The scope height is quite important, but something that can help you is to download Hawke Chair Gun Pro Program. It's usually free.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2023 7:21 am 

Daryl wrote:
Rob27 wrote:
NovaNewfie wrote:

I don't quite understand Rob. If you are zeroed at 25 yards, there is no drop out to 25 yards. The pellet is always rising to the crosshairs with a scope that high - if it is a high powered rifle, that is.
Seems according to Hawke, you also have a zero at 31 yards, with the pellet less than 1/2" high between those two ranges.
That was for an Exact 8.44 gr. pellet at 895fps and 15.1fpe. About normal for those rifles, I think.
The scope height is quite important, but something that can help you is to download Hawke Chair Gun Pro Program. It's usually free.

If I get what he's saying, with the scope that high above the barrel, at the bench you have 2 1/2" between the crosshairs and center of the bore if it's zeroed at 25 yards, the two lines intersect, line of sight through the crosshairs and trajectory. Everywhere along the two lines from muzzle to target those lines come closer together. To raise 2.5" in 25 yards the lines have to narrow up 0.10" every yard.
This very simple drawing may help. I'm no artist or professor.

Attachments:
20230319_091800.jpg
20230319_091800.jpg [ 217.75 KiB | Viewed 196 times ]

Hatsan AT44 .25
2x Tau7

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2023 8:42 am 

NovaNewfie wrote:
This very simple drawing may help. I'm no artist or professor.

LOL~ I draw something similar to help my figuring before and found out I am not an artist, or professional and I am not even good at math~ [emoji38]

After all, I just had a conclusion that I will try my best to lower down the scope with the lowest profile mounts I can use....

FWB300SU#Tau-7#IZH-46M#FWB-65#CP88-C
~Target~
HW 30s/35e/97k/40+Extender/P3+Scope/70#CZ200s Laminated@10fpe#AA ProSport-177@12fpe

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2023 9:54 am 

I just typed a long (and I think brilliant) reply but it seems to have evaporated...
I have a strange flashing icon on in the margin of the forum interface but cannot figure out where my post went.
I had started a reply using tapatalk on my phone then decided to move to the PC and it appears that something got confused.
It was wandering off topic anyway - dealing with near zero vs far zero, "point blank range", hold over, hold under, etc. all topics that have been covered before but are relevant to where this thread has found its way.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2023 10:12 am 

Rob27 wrote:
I just typed a long (and I think brilliant) reply but it seems to have evaporated...
I have a strange flashing icon on in the margin of the forum interface but cannot figure out where my post went.
I had started a reply using tapatalk on my phone then decided to move to the PC and it appears that something got confused.
It was wandering off topic anyway - dealing with near zero vs far zero, "point blank range", hold over, hold under, etc. all topics that have been covered before but are relevant to where this thread has found its way.

I used to sight my 308 and 30-06 at 25 yards, they'd be 3.5 to 4 inches high at a hundred and back on at 200-225. It was close enough for a double lung on deer.

Hatsan AT44 .25
2x Tau7