Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:17 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2023 11:44 am 

Location: Southern Gulf Islands, Beautiful British Columbia, Canada
Have been wanting to pick up something special of higher quality, in the way of a PCP pistol for quite some time, and this Reximex RPA Walnut is most definitely the one I've been waiting for!

I posted a few weeks back asking if any other CAF member had pulled the trigger on one, as there aren't allot of reviews / real -world information available on this Turkish made airgun. After watching a positive review by Giles of Air Gun Gear Show Fame ( referred to as model "Mito" in the UK, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCjCng936WQ ), and the gentleman saying at the be end of his review, he liked the pistol so much, he actually purchased one for himself with his own money, well, that was a good enough endorsement for me to pony up and purchase the Walnut grip version in .22 calibre, from Ramon @ CSS ( https://canadashootingsupply.ca/product ... -0-22-cal/ ). With the various discounts, shipping and tax, it arrived at my doorstep around $550 CAD, which is a fair bit of coin for a relatively unknown PCP pistol.

The Reximex RPA Walnut is packed in a very robust, foam padded soft case, with two 7-shot magazines, one single-shot tray, probe style HPA filler w/ Foster fitting, two pair iron sights, Allen key for adjusting trigger pull, a few spare O-rings and a well written owner's manual. The first thing that strikes one upon opening the case for the first time, is how cosmetically impressive this pistol really is, in particular, the sculpted Dark Walnut grip, which fits one's hand like a glove. The Reminex RMA weighs in at 800 grams, and feels well balanced. The pistol is regulated, with a pressure gauge mounted on the muzzle end of a removable HPA cylinder, much like that of a Weihrauch or CZ air rifle. Regulated pressure is not monitored. Spare HPA cylinders are $100 each, a breeze to thread on and off the pistol, and will give you 55 to 60 shots before dropping to the regulator pressure. The cylinder accepts the included probe style HPA filler, which fits easily and snugly with a stop, so you know it's positioned correctly each time you fill to 250 Bar / 3625 PSI.

Much to my surprise, everything about this little pea shooter simply oozes quality, and the overall black finish is spotless. The single-shot loading tray, and 7-shot magazines slide in from the right hand side. Rather than a magnet, a small spring loaded ball bearing locks the loader and mags in place -even this detail is well thought out - height and tension is adjustable by means of a small set screw. The magazines are the common FX style, where a transparent spring loaded cover is rotated around, with the first pellet holding tension as the remaining pellets are dropped in. Single shot tray has little dimples on the bottom edge that "lock" into the aforementioned ball bearing, allowing one to slide it outwards to the right to facilitate loading of a pellet, then sliding it back to the left for loading of pellet into chamber, via probe and left hand side-lever. The side-lever itself has a superb and precise mechanical action that puts those on a few of my far more expensive rifles, to shame -very little effort is involved in cocking the pistol, everything feels silky smooth. The aft end of the pellet probe is square, a design that keeps everything perfectly alighned.

The scant few reviews currently available on the web tout the Reximex as a great little pistol, "Meaty" was the " politically incorrect" word Giles used during his video rundown ....... I'd have to concur with that assessment -I've long pined for a higher quality pistol to go along side my PP700 and 750, Snowspeak CP1-M etc., and after finally getting outside on the first warm, bright and sunny Spring Day we've had here on the West Coast, the shooting performance of the RPA has been nothing short of astounding! This is no toy, it's a serious, finely crafted handgun!

I started with a very inexpensive red dot sight at 20 yards, shooting bag and card table, to assess accuracy, which was reported by others as very good. Dime sized groupsI achieved at 20 yards by naked eye, seems pretty darn impressive to me. For accuracy sake, I used the single-shot tray, and 18 grain JSB Exact Diabolo pellets straight out of the tin; no weighing or close inspection of skirts. The side lever was a joy to cock and load, with the only criticism being that if the pistol isn't level but tilted forward, the lever and pellet probe will slide forward into the chamber, interfering with the loading of magazines and pellets alike. From my perspective, this is a testament to the silky smooth action, but for those who wish to load pellets or magazines while pointing the pistol towards the ground, this might be a bit of a PITA, as the side lever / pellet probe would have to be held back while loading -a challenge for those of us with only two hands. Simple solution: keep the pistol level or tilted skyward for loading -one learns to adjust to this very quickly.

Next, to truly determine the accuracy of the RPA, I mounted a 9X power scope on the 11mm dovetail (looking quite silly I must admit), and set my target out to 42 yards, aiming quite high as you might imagine -this is after all, is a sub 500 FPS airgun. To my utter astonishment, again aiming from a somewhat rickety card table and aid of a shooting bag, I was able to get quarter sized groups without really trying all that hard. It was quite apparent that regulation had allot to do with this, so next step was to hook up the FX Chronograph and have a peek at velocity. Results are below -insane consistency, 20 shots between 413 and 418 FPS, with a spread of only 5 FPS! Max velocity with 18 grain pellets was 418 -I suspect lighter pellets will take this pistol close to the legal limit -manufacturer quotes 495 FPS. I managed 58 shots before reaching the reg pressure. The trigger pull out of the box was just about perfect, and the break point very predictable. I tweaked it ever so slightly by means of included Allen key and set screw just behind the trigger to match my other rifles and pistols. Safety is a clearly marked side to side slider, logically located just above the trigger.

Conclusion: @ $550 CAD, the Reximex RPA Walnut PCP Pistol is an absolute steal in terms of quality, cosmetics and performance -I was so impressed, I ended up ordering a second RPA Walnut and additional HPA cylinder from CSS, just to keep on hand as a spare / investment. This takes my airgun collection to the next level, and certainly raises the bar in regards to accuracy and build quality, not just for a Turkish made PCP pistol, but airguns in general. I'm truly surprised the Reximex RPA hasn't more of a following at this time. My advice - grab one while you can, as Ramon appears to be clearing them out.

Thanks for looking!

Avianmanor.

Shot count: 20
Low: 413
Hi: 418
Avg: 414
Spread: 5
STD Dev: 1.6
415, 413, 413, 415, 415, 418, 413, 416, 414, 418, 415, 413, 413, 414, 413, 414, 415, 413, 413, 413,

Attachments:
File comment: Reximex RPA .22 JSB Exact Diabolo 18.13 gr 20 Yards Red Dot
Reximex RPA Walnut .22.jpg
Reximex RPA Walnut .22.jpg [ 164.05 KiB | Viewed 1403 times ]
File comment: Reximex RPA .22 JSB Exact Diabolo 18.13 gr 42 Yards Scope
Reximex RPA Walnut .22 PCP.jpg
Reximex RPA Walnut .22 PCP.jpg [ 175.99 KiB | Viewed 1403 times ]

*Air Arms S510 Extra*Artemis M11 MK II*CZ 200S*Benjamin Marauder*Brocock Concept*Cometa Orion*Daystate Huntsman*Daystate Revere*FX Dreamline*FX Streamline*Hatsan BT65*Kral Puncher*Reximex RPA*QB78D*Weihrauch HW100S*Artemis PP700SA*PP750*Snowpeak CP1-M*

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2023 2:37 pm 

Great write up and gave me enough information to buy a new toy... Oh... It said it's a serious handgun, not a toy~ :)

FWB300SU#Tau-7#IZH-46M#FWB-65#CP88-C
~Target~
HW 30s/35e/97k/40+Extender/P3+Scope/70#CZ200s Laminated@10fpe#AA ProSport-177@12fpe

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2023 8:37 am 

Very impressive! Looks great with that Walnut grip!

Sent from my SM-A536W using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2023 1:28 pm 

It sure is impressive.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 3:10 pm 

Location: Southern Gulf Islands, Beautiful British Columbia, Canada
The second Reximex RPA pistol in .22 arrived today, just as flawless and pristine as the first. Thank you Ramon @ CSS!

Though I'd post a few additional photos of the gun, case and accessories. Unlike European reviews I've watched which included a Reximex baseball cap, both of mine came without -definitely not a deal breaker! This PCP airgun continues to impress beyond my wildest expectations -even the wife likes shooting it, which in this sport, is a real big plus! $565 CAD landed everything in, shipping included.

Cheers!

Avianmanor

Attachments:
IMG_6099.jpg
IMG_6099.jpg [ 199.64 KiB | Viewed 1186 times ]
IMG_6100.jpg
IMG_6100.jpg [ 172.35 KiB | Viewed 1186 times ]

*Air Arms S510 Extra*Artemis M11 MK II*CZ 200S*Benjamin Marauder*Brocock Concept*Cometa Orion*Daystate Huntsman*Daystate Revere*FX Dreamline*FX Streamline*Hatsan BT65*Kral Puncher*Reximex RPA*QB78D*Weihrauch HW100S*Artemis PP700SA*PP750*Snowpeak CP1-M*

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 5:22 pm 

Looking pretty nice!