Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 3:30 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 7:10 pm 

I have changed my mind, I am looking forward to buy this beauty.....but don't know when it can be made available in Canada, or will it be approved to be sold here at all.......

Gamo Swarm Magnum GEN3i .177

Usually how long does it take for a new model to be made available in Canada after it is launched?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 9:06 pm 

lawrence wrote:
and my next adventure into PCP(or nitro piston) should be one of these (up till this moment) as a starter......

https://www.airgunforum.ca/store/produc ... cts_id=210

A better place to buy the cz200... I bought mine from the forum store too. :)

FWB300SU#Tau-7#IZH-46M#FWB-65#CP88-C
~Target~
HW 30s/35e/97k/40+Extender/P3+Scope/70#CZ200s Laminated@10fpe#AA ProSport-177@12fpe

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 9:08 pm 

lawrence wrote:
YepYep wrote:
D&L https://dlairgun.com/ is located in BC. Which is your'local' source to check out~
Good luck! :)

May I ask where do you play with your so many high speed toys? :roll:
Same as you....in my basement range... And I have only 9 yards... :(

~Target~
HW 30s/35e/97k/40+Extender/P3+Scope/70#CZ200s Laminated@10fpe#AA ProSport-177@12fpe

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 9:10 pm 

lawrence wrote:
Usually how long does it take for a new model to be made available in Canada after it is launched?

Uhh...... There's also a chance that it never made it in Canada... :eek:

~Target~

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 10:57 pm 

Just FWIW, I have had several bad experiences with D&L.

lawrence wrote:
YepYep wrote:
D&L https://dlairgun.com/ is located in BC. Which is your'local' source to check out~

Yeah, that is one place I frequently come across when I do the research....I do have an account there, but no buying from them yet.....

Webley Viscount .177
Kral Mega Marine Walnut .22
Artemis PP750 .22
FX Streamline .22 walnut
FX Streamline .22 composite
FX Dynamic 500 .22

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 11:08 pm 

Depending on your intended use, I wish that I had begun with either my FX Dreamline .22 or HW100KT.

I recommend the FX over the HW because of weight (much lighter), much quieter, power adjustment (HW doesn't & unlike most lower power increases number of shots), the low power setting makes it even quieter for indoors.

I prefer .22 because handling .177 is "a fumble-fest for me. .22 also hit harder and bucks wind better for 100 meter metallic silhouette, or hunting.

IME, the most valuable things I have learned in 60+ years of shooting include: the very best choice for one person's use may be the worst for another; if one shoots with friends, having compatible/competitive equipment can greatly improve the experience. If one has a tendency to mental illness or substance abuse, air guns shooting pellets may pose risks (only 1/2 kidding).

I'm up the Valley a ways, and if you are interested in trying some of my air guns, and talking about comparisons, PM a phone number. We usually spend a day shooting at the Hope Range.

Webley Viscount .177
Kral Mega Marine Walnut .22
Artemis PP750 .22
FX Streamline .22 walnut
FX Streamline .22 composite
FX Dynamic 500 .22

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 1:24 pm 

I shoot indoors through the winter as well, with all my rifles. The higher powered PCP's that are non adjustable, I shoot at home. Others, like the FX, I can and have shot at our
indoor range, which when I had keys to the club house (I'm no longer the Handgun nor Black Powder Sections Director) allowed up to 25 yards range. On airgun afternoon shooting
we shoot either 10 meters (Sundays) or 55' (Wednesdays). I've shot both of my HW 97's at the club on Wednesdays. They are 15fpe rifles.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 10:52 pm 

Normk wrote:
Just FWIW, I have had several bad experiences with D&L.

lawrence wrote:
YepYep wrote:

Yeah, that is one place I frequently come across when I do the research....I do have an account there, but no buying from them yet.....

What happened? Technical? return and refund problem? Item DOA?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2023 2:58 pm 

YepYep wrote:
lawrence wrote:
and my next adventure into PCP(or nitro piston) should be one of these (up till this moment) as a starter......

https://www.airgunforum.ca/store/produc ... cts_id=210

A better place to buy the cz200... I bought mine from the forum store too. :)

Interesting place!!! I took a look there last night......did not find anything that interested me so far, but I'll definitely make it a potential source when shopping for related items.....thanks......

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2023 3:07 pm 

Normk wrote:
Depending on your intended use, I wish that I had begun with either my FX Dreamline .22 or HW100KT.

I recommend the FX over the HW because of weight (much lighter), much quieter, power adjustment (HW doesn't & unlike most lower power increases number of shots), the low power setting makes it even quieter for indoors.

I prefer .22 because handling .177 is "a fumble-fest for me. .22 also hit harder and bucks wind better for 100 meter metallic silhouette, or hunting.

IME, the most valuable things I have learned in 60+ years of shooting include: the very best choice for one person's use may be the worst for another; if one shoots with friends, having compatible/competitive equipment can greatly improve the experience. If one has a tendency to mental illness or substance abuse, air guns shooting pellets may pose risks (only 1/2 kidding).

I'm up the Valley a ways, and if you are interested in trying some of my air guns, and talking about comparisons, PM a phone number. We usually spend a day shooting at the Hope Range.

Thank you for the invitation, I will consider seriously, ...but HOPE is a bit far from Vancouver..... I might just pop in to say hi some time when I and my wife are on our way to go to Calgary or Edmonton later when weather is more stable. I do not have dementia yet, so I am okay shooting..... :D

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2023 3:13 pm 

YepYep wrote:
lawrence wrote:

yeah, some how I came across a piece of announcement yesterday saying that quiet rifles are not welcome in Canada (but I don't remember from where I saw that piece of article.....), so since Gamo Swarm Gen 3i is the quietest among the 3 generations of Gamo Swarm, it is possible that it will not be sold in canada. That is bad...... :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I'll wait for the response from Gamo officials before I decide to wait further, or just stick to the Gen 2i

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2023 3:38 pm 

I have not had any difficulties dealing with D&L Airguns. I haven't dealt with the new owners, though, other than pellet purchase, seems to me.
I've had such good service from WesB, that is where I buy almost everything dealing with air guns.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2023 4:31 pm 

lawrence wrote:
YepYep wrote:
lawrence wrote:

yeah, some how I came across a piece of announcement yesterday saying that quiet rifles are not welcome in Canada (but I don't remember from where I saw that piece of article.....), so since Gamo Swarm Gen 3i is the quietest among the 3 generations of Gamo Swarm, it is possible that it will not be sold in canada. That is bad...... :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I'll wait for the response from Gamo officials before I decide to wait further, or just stick to the Gen 2i
If it says ' quiet' I believe that means the ones with silencer or has shround etc which could change the way the gun barks... That's forbidden in Canada.

But that not means for example a springer usually quieter (much quieter) than a PCP will be not allowed in Canada...

If they really want and could import the gun, maybe some kinds of mods which like removing the shround etc will be done before entering Canada...

~Target~

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2023 6:17 pm 

At one time, simply removing the baffles was all that was necessary.
Now that my "Canadian Legal" Gauntlet .22 is on CO2, it's mouse fart quiet.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2023 11:46 am 

It's kind of a rabbit hole. All of the guns in my signature except the 753 I've purchased in the last 2 months. The HW, TX, and 753 were bought new. The rest were bought used.

The HW30S I bought for a great price from the airgun forum store is likely the lightest smoothest easiest to use springer that I have.

I just bought the Feinwerkbau 700s on Friday, I actually got them for my step daughter as she wants to start shooting on a national level. They seem to work effortlessly as 10m rifles.

I've bought from Airgunsource.ca, the Airgunforum store, Airgunarcheryfun.ca, and Cibles Canada Targets. They all had excellent service and great shipping. One thing to keep in mind is that tax is included in the prices on the forum store

Hatsan AT44 .25
Daisy Avanti 753S, 2x Daisy 953 cadet
2x Tau7