Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:22 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2023 9:05 am 

Looking good! That is a lot of work!

我從使用 Tapatalk 的 TAS-AL00 發送

Feinwerkbau 300S
FX Dreamline Classic
Weihrauch HW100KT FSB
Weihrauch HW97KT
Weihrauch HW50S
Artemis M16
Artemis PP700
Weihrauch HW40
Beeman P17
Stoeger XP4

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2023 12:16 pm 

Hi Everyone.
The forecast for tomorrow looks great - partly cloudy, high of 22, light winds, with a big chance of falling steel targets!

One change for the day is that we will not have access to the forest lanes - they are still too wet and several need some chainsaw TLC to remove fallen trees from the winter.

We have a great shoot planned using the trap range. The plan was always to have an easier setup and I expect that the max distance will be about 45 yards.

We will start with the rifle portion and shoot 32 shots, then do a changeover to the pistol targets for another 24 shots. The fancy pistol targets are not able to stand up to PAL rifles so if everyone has a pistol or a sub-500 rifle, great! I will bring a couple extra sub 500 rifles and a pistol or 2 that I am happy to lend if people need one.

Please also remember that safety glasses are mandatory - like most gun ranges, you can get by with normal prescription lenses, but actual safety glasses are recommended.

Also - the grass may be wet so you will want a bag or something to keep your gun off the ground.

I look forward to seeing everyone soon.
Rob Wright

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2023 8:54 pm 
Supporting Member 2009

tom_ke888 wrote:
CZ-Sniper wrote:
Any idea until what time most people are going to stay for this event?
Usually, people leave after the last shot was taken and the results are announced, typically around 2:30 pm or so. Many of us stay extra time to help with target take down, say another 1/2 hour or so.

Thanks. I am tempted to bring my new AA HFT 500, which I haven't shot yet, but I think for this one I will stay with my HW30.

Air Arms HFT 500
FX Streamline laminate .22
Benjamin Discovery .22 (tuned)
Weihrauch HW30S .177
Weihrauch HW30 MK1 .177
Weihrauch HW40
Beeman P17
Crosman 22xx carbine (tuned)
Princess Auto Super Springer Deluxe ($34.99)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2023 4:04 pm 

photos today that's all folks, sorry!ImageImageImageImage

Feinwerkbau 300S
FX Dreamline Classic
Weihrauch HW100KT FSB
Weihrauch HW97KT
Weihrauch HW50S
Artemis M16
Artemis PP700
Weihrauch HW40
Beeman P17
Stoeger XP4

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2023 4:26 pm 

OK one more, that is it. To show the turn out. I think this is everyone.Image

Feinwerkbau 300S
FX Dreamline Classic
Weihrauch HW100KT FSB
Weihrauch HW97KT
Weihrauch HW50S
Artemis M16
Artemis PP700
Weihrauch HW40
Beeman P17
Stoeger XP4

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2023 4:53 pm 
Supporting Member 2009

Thanks Tom and it was very nice meeting you and everyone else. Thank you to all the organizers and the good folks who came. It was a great day!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2023 6:16 pm 

CZ-Sniper wrote:
Thanks Tom and it was very nice meeting you and everyone else. Thank you to all the organizers and the good folks who came. It was a great day!
Can't wait to see your HFT500 in action.

Feinwerkbau 300S
FX Dreamline Classic
Weihrauch HW100KT FSB
Weihrauch HW97KT
Weihrauch HW50S
Artemis M16
Artemis PP700
Weihrauch HW40
Beeman P17
Stoeger XP4

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2023 6:44 pm 

Ok, something new to add to the safety briefing for the next match...sunscreen!!!
Wow, the clouds melted away and it ended up sunny and hot.
Thanks to everyone who came out and kicked off the FT season at Port Colborne. It was great to meet some new (and some returning) shooters and I look forward to seeing you all at future events.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2023 7:07 pm 
Supporting Member 2009

Rob27 wrote:
Ok, something new to add to the safety briefing for the next match...sunscreen!!!
Wow, the clouds melted away and it ended up sunny and hot.
Thanks to everyone who came out and kicked off the FT season at Port Colborne. It was great to meet some new (and some returning) shooters and I look forward to seeing you all at future events.

I'm a boiled lobster

Air Arms HFT 500
FX Streamline laminate .22
Benjamin Discovery .22 (tuned)
Weihrauch HW30S .177
Weihrauch HW30 MK1 .177
Weihrauch HW40
Beeman P17
Crosman 22xx carbine (tuned)
Princess Auto Super Springer Deluxe ($34.99)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2023 8:30 am 

Port Colborne match report April 15, 2023
By Rob Wright, Match Director

The forecast was for a warm, overcast day with light breeze – it turned out brilliant sunshine and hotter than expected. The occasional breeze introduced some challenges especially for those shooting slower pellets, but was welcome to help cool off.
Thank You as always to Port Colborne & District Conservation Club for the use of this fine facility. This was one of the earliest spring matches at this club in a few years by using the trap and skeet ranges while the woods are still drying out.
Thank You to everyone who participated, those who helped with setup and teardown, and to those that came out to watch and hopefully will come back again soon and join in the fun.
Thanks to our Course Marshals for this match: Marc Shelleau and Brian Wernham.

We had 22 shooters participating in the rifle section and 15 in pistol. We set up 10 lanes for rifle and shooters had the option of which 8 lanes they wanted to shoot. A couple of the lanes were set up a bit longer than the 45 yard plan (the longest one was pushing 60). Most shooters rose to the challenge and took on the longer shots as well as the shorter ones although 60 yards in a gusting light breeze meant that the far target did not need as much paint touch up as usual!
There was a wide variety of shootin’ irons on display – from the usual high end air rifles that you see at a typical Field Target match, to 10 meter rifles with open sights, to off the shelf sub-500 FPS guns. The same variety was out for the pistol shoot with some using open sights, one laser, a variety of red dots and small scopes, and one scope that was longer than the pistol that it was attached to.
We were very happy to welcome 5 first time FT shooters out to this match and look forward to them turning into regulars. It was also great to see two juniors out – I overheard some good natured heckling from the Dads after a missed shot along the lines of “this is a bit harder than shooting on a Playstation eh?”
I encourage everyone to bring a friend out to a future match, we can always find a spare gun if someone needs one and get more people enjoying the shooting sports.

Remember that there is a match in Hamilton April 22, then back in Port Colborne May 13. For those a little farther east – there are also great matches in Grenville every month.
We will be scheduling a work day to get the forest lanes at Port Colborne tuned up before the May 13 match, please look for the announcement and let me know if you are able to come out and help.
Attachment:
2023 FT Schedule 2.JPG
2023 FT Schedule 2.JPG [ 40.23 KiB | Viewed 2942 times ]

Once again thanks to the Port Colborne & District and Conservation Club and all who attended and made this a great day!

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2023 5:03 pm 

more photos I took last time.ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Feinwerkbau 300S
FX Dreamline Classic
Weihrauch HW100KT FSB
Weihrauch HW97KT
Weihrauch HW50S
Artemis M16
Artemis PP700
Weihrauch HW40
Beeman P17