Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 4:08 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 5:17 pm 

I have read on other forums that not all older Bushnell scopes had the lifetime warranty. Do you have the warranty card stating that it has a lifetime warranty?

Post subject: Re: so here is my view
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 8:52 pm 

JAG1 wrote:
I am not looking for a replacement free of charge , all I was looking for was for them to repair the turret and not the bending issue , if they offered me a new scope for maybe even half the price , I would have taken it , but not for $90 , heck for $90 I better be getting a trophy or the highest mag banner . So if they cannot fix the turret , isnt that a catch 22 ? what does warranty then mean ? I am sure scopes bending or warp all the time due to the stresses of the scope rings .

I just thought my experience yesterday was BS .
I think I am going to go back there and ask for a better option . Again I stress I am not looking for anything free . I am willing to pay something but not the price of $90 . For $90 I would rather buy Snipers 3x9 scope which is excellent .

Do you have the original bill of sale - you did not say ? Warranties are for the original purchaser IIRC.

If the scope is bent then the integrity of the tube, and therefore the adjustment mechanism, has been compromised through abuse and probably not by way a defect.

Parts are no longer available and the scope was clearly abused. They offered a replacement at a pretty good discount.

In all honesty, I think you were treated more than fairly.

Post subject: scope
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 10:11 pm 

I dont have the warranty card with me , but the "abuse" term is subjective , every scope suffers abuse on an airgun , I had no problems with this scope , if fact if they hadnt told me it was bent I wouldnt have known the difference . And the adjustment of the turret has no relationship to the scope being bent , because I had checked it , and all I really asked for was the for the "notchy feel" of the scope to be there ,which it wasnt , this notchy feel is present in the windage adjustment and not the elevation one . So I must stress to everyone , that the bending of the scope has no direct correlation to the adjustment issue . So in my mind its like this , you get a bike , but they can't fix the gears because they dont have parts for those gears anymore, but all of a sudden they say the handle bars are bent ,and now I have to shell out 95% of the cost of a new bike ? . They offered the scope to me for $90 plus taxes , I can buy that same scope for around $117 new , and u know they are not giving me a new scope for $90 , it will be a refurbished one .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 10:31 pm 

When my HW80 ripped the reticle out of my banner 6-24 I drove it to their office and they gave me a replacement on the spot. They had no new ones in stock so they gave me the choice of a refurb with full warranty, or waiting for a shipment to arrive. After looking at the refurb that was in perfect condition, I chose to take that one. Based on this experience I recently purchased the 3-9 sportsman for my HW30.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 10:40 pm 

I was talking to a Bushnell rep on the phone a while ago, asking about what lines are airgun rated or not. Some of the lower lines do have certain scopes that are ok on airguns, and they say on the web site. What I was told, is that all scopes in the Trophy line and up, are airgun rated. That includes the Trophy, Legend, and both Elite lines. I would think that they are talking about medium to heavy recoiling rifles, and not light or non-recoilling rifles. The latter can use anything. Be careful what you put on your HW 50's and up as it might not be enough scope for the rifle.

When you are long winded, is that a sign of Wisdom or Old Age?