Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:06 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2023 9:32 am 

i found this beat up old box at the goodwill store. i was looking for one that would fit my colt saa peacemaker. but this was the only one there-- at the time. this was my very first attempt at this--and it took me a looong time. there are a few screw ups. but all in all i like it. i only had a choice of 3 guns to fit in it--so i chose my kwc makarov pellet gun. which just fits perfectly. i was going to put a tin of russian pellets in it-- but i thought the bullets looked better. next i,m gonna look for one for the peacemaker and give it a try.

Attachments:
IMG_1934.jpg
IMG_1934.jpg [ 243.22 KiB | Viewed 2423 times ]
IMG_1933.jpg
IMG_1933.jpg [ 263.25 KiB | Viewed 2423 times ]
IMG_1932.jpg
IMG_1932.jpg [ 317.28 KiB | Viewed 2423 times ]

Last edited by pete on Sat Apr 22, 2023 11:06 am, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2023 9:35 am 

and finito-- after a long haul --cause i didn,t work on it every day. double click for bigger. oh ya i completed this thanks to some you tube videos and online pics. and the bullets are real but i don,t have a pal so they are dummy rounds.

Attachments:
IMG_1946.jpg
IMG_1946.jpg [ 400.25 KiB | Viewed 2422 times ]
IMG_1948.jpg
IMG_1948.jpg [ 326.27 KiB | Viewed 2422 times ]
IMG_1944.jpg
IMG_1944.jpg [ 281.22 KiB | Viewed 2422 times ]

Last edited by pete on Sat Apr 22, 2023 11:32 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2023 10:52 am 

Awesome, Pete!

Great customization job.

I personally dig the soviet aesthetic, though I don't agree with most of the ideology of course.

"I went to god just to see, and I was looking at me" - Marilyn Manson, "The Reflecting God" (1996).

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2023 12:10 pm 

Nice work on that. I like a good wood box myself, always on the lookout.
How did you make the interior?

))))----//----------==

Iacio, ergo sum

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2023 12:38 pm 

That is good work, Pete. I only have one handgun box. My bro made this one and accidentally put the hinges on the wrong side.

Attachments:
IMG_2627.JPG
IMG_2627.JPG [ 67.84 KiB | Viewed 2395 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2023 1:14 pm 

Dukemeister wrote:
Nice work on that. I like a good wood box myself, always on the lookout.
How did you make the interior?

thanks duke. the goodwill stores will usually have a wooden box or two sitting around. the day i wen,t this was all i could find. i got a 3 ft x 3ft piece of red felt from michaels craft store for only $7.00 bucks. the box was a bit to deep so i put a piece of plywood in the bottom to bring it up to the height i wanted. then glued a piece of felt over it. the pieces for the sections are paint stir sticks (i asked the girl at home hardware if i could buy ten--and she gave them to me for free.). i cut them the right length and glued the felt over them and glued them where i wanted them to go.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2023 1:15 pm 

Daryl wrote:
That is good work, Pete. I only have one handgun box. My bro made this one and accidentally put the hinges on the wrong side.

thanks d. that box looks great-- but it does look a little off with the backwards lid.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2023 1:17 pm 

Twiggy wrote:
Awesome, Pete!

Great customization job.

I personally dig the soviet aesthetic, though I don't agree with most of the ideology of course.

thanks twig. ya i agree with you-- and didn,t wan,t to offend anybody. i was just going for looks.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2023 3:37 pm 

pete wrote:
Twiggy wrote:
Awesome, Pete!

Great customization job.

thanks twig. ya i agree with you-- and didn,t wan,t to offend anybody. i was just going for looks.

Oh no worries no offence taken here whatsoever, and of course a soviet gun is good to pair in a soviet box. I actually have a soviet flag, that I used when taking pictures of my SKS back in the day lol.

"I went to god just to see, and I was looking at me" - Marilyn Manson, "The Reflecting God" (1996).

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2023 6:22 pm 

pete wrote:
Daryl wrote:

thanks d. that box looks great-- but it does look a little off with the backwards lid.

The hinges are inlet flush with the top surface, or I'd change it.

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2023 11:40 am 

pete wrote:
and finito-- after a long haul --cause i didn,t work on it every day. double click for bigger. oh ya i completed this thanks to some you tube videos and online pics. and the bullets are real but i don,t have a pal so they are dummy rounds.

Your box looks like an old treasure, very strong work

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2023 9:18 pm 

AngelaScott wrote:
pete wrote:

Your box looks like an old treasure, very strong work

thanks a lot. A.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2023 10:05 pm 

I always love the craftmanship of custom cases people will make for themselves. Well done and keep it up!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2023 10:17 am 

Cookiez009 wrote:
I always love the craftmanship of custom cases people will make for themselves. Well done and keep it up!

thanks c. check out my colt saa case i just finished-too.