Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:27 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2023 12:42 pm 

YepYep wrote:
Daryl wrote:
Some of the FX Impact Bull pups in videos have the bipod attachment on the tank, whether carbon fiber or steel.
There is something like an inch of threads, is there not? Even on my Dreamline and the Aselkon, the barrel band(s) connect
the barrel shroud to the tank.
I do understand your reluctance to do this, though and I see it as a money grab by FX for the 'needed' extension, which should have been included on the gun.
In retrospect, I feel the pic. rail provided, could/should have been extended full length of the tank.

Yes... The threads actually should be very strong~ The problem is on me~ :cry: [emoji38]

Maybe they call it their style?! And leave some market share for the aftermarket parts makers too? I bought the one from K&L in the States which costed me about 170 CAD with shipping, currency exchange... Not sure if still some tax to pay when I receive it...

I was looking at this at the begining as well, however, I noticed following:
1. the barrel is too short, make it looks not nice--afterall if I want spend that amount of $$ I want a beautiful rfile :ANAL:
2. Barrel too short x2 and x3, it makes it less power and less accurate in long range, Impact M3 is rated as the most accurate long range air rifle in the world, you can shoot up to 200-250 yards with 1-2" group with JSB King Heavy or Slugs if you really know how to use this rifle--it is decent power even for small game hunting or even fox/raccoon at that range. Why should I yield that just for some compact.
3. There are well tuned used guns out there, much cheaper than new ones, you just need to wait for a good deal to get it!

Thus I got m3 sinper .25 with pellet and slug liners, used but decent in accuracy and at 50 yards it almost shot though a steel plate target in the range and make the strap broken so I have to walk out to find it!! (my .22 m16a 27 ft lb can only make a tiny dent on it)

Finally get my PAL after 1 year waiting

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2023 1:41 pm 

Atlas_cn wrote:
YepYep wrote:
Daryl wrote:
Some of the FX Impact Bull pups in videos have the bipod attachment on the tank, whether carbon fiber or steel.
There is something like an inch of threads, is there not? Even on my Dreamline and the Aselkon, the barrel band(s) connect
the barrel shroud to the tank.
I do understand your reluctance to do this, though and I see it as a money grab by FX for the 'needed' extension, which should have been included on the gun.
In retrospect, I feel the pic. rail provided, could/should have been extended full length of the tank.

Yes... The threads actually should be very strong~ The problem is on me~ :cry: [emoji38]

Maybe they call it their style?! And leave some market share for the aftermarket parts makers too? I bought the one from K&L in the States which costed me about 170 CAD with shipping, currency exchange... Not sure if still some tax to pay when I receive it...

I was looking at this at the begining as well, however, I noticed following:
1. the barrel is too short, make it looks not nice--afterall if I want spend that amount of $$ I want a beautiful rfile :ANAL:
2. Barrel too short x2 and x3, it makes it less power and less accurate in long range, Impact M3 is rated as the most accurate long range air rifle in the world, you can shoot up to 200-250 yards with 1-2" group with JSB King Heavy or Slugs if you really know how to use this rifle--it is decent power even for small game hunting or even fox/raccoon at that range. Why should I yield that just for some compact.
3. There are well tuned used guns out there, much cheaper than new ones, you just need to wait for a good deal to get it!

Thus I got m3 sinper .25 with pellet and slug liners, used but decent in accuracy and at 50 yards it almost shot though a steel plate target in the range and make the strap broken so I have to walk out to find it!! (my .22 m16a 27 ft lb can only make a tiny dent on it)

That would be highly debatable even within the FX line.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2023 2:19 pm 

jckstrthmghty wrote:

I got the sniper from another forum member whom hunting as well. He told me he use it to shot birds about 200 yards without any problem. However he does mentioned it is starting difficulty from 100 yards + but need to get used to the holdovers (he made a lot of marks on the scope elevations for different ranges, a good relief to use it) as well as knowing how to compensate the wind and other weather conditions. I will try 100 yards + after the summer--to many camping weekends now and don't have time to do that yet.

FX made different twist rates for different liners. The 500mm liners have more twist rates than the longer ones in order to compensate for the accuracy. However as more twist rates means more effect with the pellet/slug. Slug may be still OK but twisting too fast definitely not good for pellets. Also short barrel means less accelerating for the pellet/slug.

Finally get my PAL after 1 year waiting

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2023 2:29 pm 

I think that's exactly the good thing for the FX Impact line up... It's just highly customizable~ And there just makes it suitable for almost any purposes and any conditions...

Actually the barrel in the Compact is not short at all. 500mm length, almost 20 inches. And it is the longest barrel among all the guns I own and shot. Just the bullpup design makes it looks short. However that's exactly the main reason I like it~ [emoji38]

IMO, you don't like Tatical short SMG looks designs, there are lot of other sporty and traditional design, no need to stick with the bullpups...

And other models in the line up, regular 600mm barrel and the sniper 700mm barrel and even the testing prototype 800mm barrel just something unusual in traditional airgun designs but maybe the trends for the new PCP technology because adding barrel length can directly add power. Easy and simple. Like turbo charges in cars now a days...

Accuracy (short range or long range) wise, actually any PCP right now which is not factory defective should have great accuracy. The top names have their slightly different special designs but I can say their accuracy capacity are identical and all better than the shooter... At least 100% true on me~ :)

FWB300SU#Tau-7#IZH-46M#FWB-65#CP88-C
~Target~
HW 30s/35e/97k/40+Extender/P3+Scope/70#CZ200s Laminated@10fpe#AA ProSport-177@12fpe

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2023 2:36 pm 

Atlas_cn wrote:
jckstrthmghty wrote:

I got the sniper from another forum member whom hunting as well. He told me he use it to shot birds about 200 yards without any problem. However he does mentioned it is starting difficulty from 100 yards + but need to get used to the holdovers (he made a lot of marks on the scope elevations for different ranges, a good relief to use it) as well as knowing how to compensate the wind and other weather conditions. I will try 100 yards + after the summer--to many camping weekends now and don't have time to do that yet.

FX made different twist rates for different liners. The 500mm liners have more twist rates than the longer ones in order to compensate for the accuracy. However as more twist rates means more effect with the pellet/slug. Slug may be still OK but twisting too fast definitely not good for pellets. Also short barrel means less accelerating for the pellet/slug.
I think at this point, it's actually not a augment on 500mm barrel or 700mm barrel or even the twist rate... Is the limit on all airguns. And also the barrier between airgun And powder burner...

Why have to push an airgun to shoot that far?! Use a 22lr or 7.62 instead... You can shoot much farther and much easier~ (hunting is serious to me... If I hunt, I will only hunt for food... Not for fun or challenging myself...)

And so far we found pellet good for 900fps and slug just a little faster about 1000fps right? If barrel too long I doubt on a fixed speed it will stay longer in the barrel... Not a good thing either...

~Target~
HW 30s/35e/97k/40+Extender/P3+Scope/70#CZ200s Laminated@10fpe#AA ProSport-177@12fpe

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2023 9:02 pm 

Atlas_cn wrote:
jckstrthmghty wrote:

A bit of a contradiction no? There is a massive difference between 100 and 200 yards, even more so with a airgun shooting subsonic with a diablo shaped pellet. Not a trivial thing even with purpose built airgun rigs for prs shooting slugs. With a well tuned impact I'm certain you can shoot 1 moa or less with 10 shot groups at 100 yards with good weather and a few attempts. You would have my respect if you could shoot 2 moa at 200.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2023 11:17 pm 

I wish that you hadn't posted this review. I had decided that I don't need another PCP but you have screwed that up.

Hmm, what barrel length is available to stretch the length and the range a bit? Then there's...... :wink:

Webley Viscount .177
Kral Mega Marine Walnut .22
Artemis PP750 .22
FX Streamline .22 walnut
FX Streamline .22 composite
FX Dynamic 500 .22

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2023 6:21 am 

jckstrthmghty wrote:
YepYep wrote:
And the 'another new toy'.... Remember I already used out all my airgun budget in the coming10 years?? :cry: :cry:
We'll see how that stands in a few months....
[emoji38] I am obviously not knowing myself at all.... Or just a liar... Forget about the cheapo Diana P5 pistol and the not really a real gun Bug-A-Salt (it's definitely a great "toy" indeed!).... Just 3 months later... I found another secret pocket and bought the Diana 48...

Maybe I should look at the matters from another angle... They are good investments, aren't they?! ;)

~Target~

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2023 6:26 am 

Normk wrote:
I wish that you hadn't posted this review. I had decided that I don't need another PCP but you have screwed that up.

Hmm, what barrel length is available to stretch the length and the range a bit? Then there's...... :wink:
So~ What's in your mind now? See my story I just posted? The good "investment opportunity" is not resistible and have to catch it in your hand when it shows up.... ;)

~Target~

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2023 6:26 am 

YepYep wrote:
jckstrthmghty wrote:
YepYep wrote:
And the 'another new toy'.... Remember I already used out all my airgun budget in the coming10 years?? :cry: :cry:
We'll see how that stands in a few months....
[emoji38] I am obviously not knowing myself at all.... Or just a liar... Forget about the cheapo Diana P5 pistol and the not really a real gun Bug-A-Salt (it's definitely a great "toy" indeed!).... Just 3 months later... I found another secret pocket and bought the Diana 48...

Maybe I should look at the matters from another angle... They are good investments, aren't they?! ;)

YepYep. I don't think anyone is suprised in the least. But yes, they are indeed good investments for your mental well being. The saying goes, a man cannot live on bread and water.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2023 6:31 am 

Sigh.... Men... ... .... ......

[emoji38]

~Target~