Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2023 8:07 am 

How much you know about Sweden? IKEA meat balls?! H&M clothings?! Or... FX Airgun?! :)

And what do you want from FX?
Dreamline? Crown? Impact? Or other beasts?!

At the very beginning I first time knew about FX was because of the Crown... Love that bottle and cool look so much!! And recently I found the Impact Mark-III, M3... Well.... That's a dream to me... Especially that tiny and CUTE Compact!!

And..... Finally I at least have one of my dreams come true... [emoji38] [emoji38]

For a very nice clearance price I cut opened all my secret pockets, smashed all my piggy banks and thrown in all my airgun spends budgets for the coming10 years.... I got this little guy home from Dear Mr. Travis in AGS... Great guy, great service and great products!

People knows me knows I like to post pictures... Here you are~ It's a.22 caliber Compact M3. 500mm length Smooth Twist X Superior barrel, 300cc mini bottle, comes with the latest Power Plenum 720 kit, quick tune system for power adjustment, 2 regs, 3 gauges, 28 shots mag, adjustable shoulder pad...... A heavy and robust art piece among all the top end airguns.

And what really impressed me was the insane accuracy. As I read and watched videos I know I might need to shoot a LOT for tuning it to my liking... So I started with the cheapo CPHP I just bought for a very good price recently... And surprisingly I think I finished all my tuning (at least for the first stage or say the initial setup) very quick and very pleased with the result.

And the 'side' result is I also done the pellet testing with only the 14.3g CPHP pellet I 'tested' because the M3 puts every shot into the same hole in my basement... I just don't see any need to try any other pellet on it for the moment until I finish my inventory or have the need later... So, I say this gun has insane accuracy AND not picky on diets at all~

Explanation on the zeroing... First shot was aimed at the center of the paper from about 10 feet away just to make sure the POI will be on the paper, not out of the trap. Then back to where I usually shoot and put quite some clicks to adjust the scope turrets after each shot. And finally put a few shots at the bullseye and done the final one/two clicks. At last I aimed at the last hole then put maybe 5 or 6 shots at that hole... Sorry, I lied on the note of the picture, I didn't put 10 shots in that hole... anyway I just kept shooting at that same hole and without doubt I can finish all the remained maybe 15 pellets in the mag at that same hole too... I just stopped checking it and called it done~ :)

The gun has great power... When I followed my need to tune it for indoor plinking which for just less than 10 yards and need to lower down the noise I developed another side result...

Now my M3 is on min quick tune output with 3 lines showed on valve setting. I didn't touch the regs so they are the FX recommended 150bar and 100bar without changes then giving me 16fpe, about 710fps and have good power to penetrate the compressed pop can even when hitting at the bottom rim plus noise level just similar to my other guns... Actually the most noise from hitting the can not from the gun... But they are similar... Not as quite as the PP700 but much quiter than the Reximex RP (both of these two couldn't shoot the pellet through the bottom rim of the pop can).

The side result is I think I can have more than 200 shots pre fill on that mini bottle (factory spec is 110 shots). Actual number from 210bar came home and shot to 150bar I got 112 shots done (4 mags). Hand pumping is a challenge as I had to take a break when I done with 120 strokes, then after break I put another 50 strokes and total 170 strokes made it from 150bar to 240bar... However thinking I can then have 200 shots, It's still not too bad.... :)

The gun is heavy! My buddy Tom warmed me about that before I gave my money to Travis... But thinking the gun and me are both rested shooting king (means trush when shooting not rested... [emoji38] ) and I have other guns heavier than it so I think I am okay...

However still have to mention this... Again... The gun is HEAVY...

I have a Discovery big but not too big FFP scope for it and the total weight then is about 8lbs.

Sounds not too heavy, right? But it's a Compact, means it's small... So it's actually more heavier than it sounds... Feels like a piece of solid steel in hand~ :eek: And 'thanks' to the slim AR15 type grip, it's not very comfortable when you need to bring it around... Maybe with a tactical glove on hand will feel better~ (the soldiers usually won't shoot their ARs with bare hands right?! Gloves and boots are essential PPE, right? :) )

Will keep on enjoying this new toy with my plinking fun and fine tuning it to see if I can get a better result~

And I also done an interesting size comparison in the afternoon plus took some extra pictures I am going to share below... It's really small.... Very small... Smaller than all my rifles and carbines... So, I don't like it... I am just loving this cute boy soooo much~ :)

Look at the cute boy just half of the size of the HW35 I wanna laugh every time~ [emoji38]

Enjoy the eye candies~ Thanks for reading~ :)

(Please kindly share your experience on tuning this Lego gun! Much appreciated and thanks a lot in advance~)

FWB300SU#Tau-7#IZH-46M#FWB-65#CP88-C
~Target~
HW 30s/35e/97k/40+Extender/P3+Scope/70#CZ200s Laminated@10fpe#AA ProSport-177@12fpe

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2023 9:05 am 

Looks awesome. Enjoy!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2023 10:36 am 

Yep, congratulation for the new baby, nice and looks very cute, Lol, the scope on the cz200 will look more sick on the M3.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2023 10:44 am 

Very nice gun and collection. I read M3 Impact is good out till 200 yards, not sure if the compact one can do the same.
BTW 8lbs is NOTHING, you need more exercise :bear:
My springfield m1a springer is 9.9lbs by itself, Artemis M16A + big 6-24x50 scope is almost 9lbs, as well as sig sauer mcx virtus .22 with a tactical sope+dot combo almost 9lbs and I like to shoot all those stand and no support--no issue so far up to 50yards :drinkers:

Finally get my PAL after 1 year waiting

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2023 11:31 am 

Glad you are happy with that one, YepYep. I wasn't sure if the compacts would be allowed here due to the design.
8 pounds, like the fellows say, is not heavy - at all. Even my Dreamline is 9# 10 ounces W/scope. The HW springers
are heavier than that at 11# 2ounces for the .22 Model 97, small 3-12X44 compact scope and no bipod.
Of course adding a bipod to your FX will increase "things' a bit. I suspect the bottle/clamps weigh a bit on top of the
bipod weight, if all steel.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2023 12:08 pm 

Yeah... As I was told AGS might not have the Compact into Canada again in the future as maybe next time it won't be that lucky to be approved... Because the total length of the Compact is still a little bit shorter to be classified as a rifle... So the shroud is adding about two inches in the front and not flush to the real muzzle...

However they for sure will bring in the compact barrel kit and ppl can make their own Compact with the 500mm barrel and the mini bottle~ :)

~Target~
HW 30s/35e/97k/40+Extender/P3+Scope/70#CZ200s Laminated@10fpe#AA ProSport-177@12fpe

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2023 12:12 pm 

pistolero wrote:
Yep, congratulation for the new baby, nice and looks very cute, Lol, the scope on the cz200 will look more sick on the M3.
[emoji38]. [emoji38] that exactly my first plan!

Because my 2nd 'fancy' scope is on the XS28 magnum springer, more trouble for me to move it back and forth... And I don't think I have another scope (except the on on the cz200) can be put on the Magnum.... So.... I move this one from the PP700 to it~ :)

~Target~

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2023 12:26 pm 

Yep~ as what I thought, 8lbs is not very heavy at all~ the heaviest one in my household is the FWB300SU, with scope on it weights more than 12lbs~ [emoji38] [emoji38]

However the Compact is a 'mini' bullpug looks all the weight was put on the middle and looks the only place to hold the gun is the slim AR grip... And then I didn't get use to use the scope as a handle to take the gun around.... I will figure out a better way for this 'issue'~ :)

Thinking later my M3 will be about little less than 10lbs... Not sure if a bipod to be added, but a longer trigger guard under rail had been ordered as I don't want to use the bottle as the front support for my lefthand to hold when shooting the M3...

And you know lots of accessories for this Lego gun out there~ :)

In general... It's a different type to the carbines and the rifles... A lot need to be changed when shooting this one~

~Target~

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2023 12:42 pm 

Atlas_cn wrote:
Very nice gun and collection. I read M3 Impact is good out till 200 yards, not sure if the compact one can do the same.
:

Lot of videos there for ppl using Compact to hunt pigeons out to 100 yards... ;)

And thinking the 200 yards won't be an issue if you want... Not sure for the Compact.

And if needed, It's just too easy to swap barrel for a longer one or rotate the barrel 180 degree to use it for slug or just change caliber..... :eek:

Travis told me if I need to clean the barrel... Just take it off the gun... When he finished speaking, he then passed me my barrel which he just removed from the gun in a few seconds when he was talking... :eek: :eek: my eye balls then rolling on the ground....

~Target~

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2023 12:47 pm 

Yep, that crosman 2240 you have has a nice muzzle break, possible to see more close up picture of that.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2023 2:27 pm 

As far as "holding", the bottle is your forend. Nothing out of the ordinary for a gun not having a forend.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2023 2:51 pm 

Daryl wrote:
As far as "holding", the bottle is your forend. Nothing out of the ordinary for a gun not having a forend.
Yep... It's that saying... however not feeling very comfortable holding that 8lbs metal piece on the bottle that only have the neck connecting with some threads on the gun...

Just like holding the scope connected with two FX robust rings on the top rail as a handle... Think it will be just fine but not feeling very comfortable...

When the lower rail (extended trigger guard rail) comes home, it should be a good place to hold or as a support when you put the gun on ground or out it on something as a support... No need to worry about the bottle any more...

~Target~

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2023 3:29 pm 

Some of the FX Impact Bull pups in videos have the bipod attachment on the tank, whether carbon fiber or steel.
There is something like an inch of threads, is there not? Even on my Dreamline and the Aselkon, the barrel band(s) connect
the barrel shroud to the tank.
I do understand your reluctance to do this, though and I see it as a money grab by FX for the 'needed' extension, which should have been included on the gun.
In retrospect, I feel the pic. rail provided, could/should have been extended full length of the tank.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2023 4:24 pm 

pistolero wrote:
Yep, that crosman 2240 you have has a nice muzzle break, possible to see more close up picture of that.
At you wish, Sir~

viewtopic.php?t=93645

~Target~

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2023 4:35 pm 

Daryl wrote:
Some of the FX Impact Bull pups in videos have the bipod attachment on the tank, whether carbon fiber or steel.
There is something like an inch of threads, is there not? Even on my Dreamline and the Aselkon, the barrel band(s) connect
the barrel shroud to the tank.
I do understand your reluctance to do this, though and I see it as a money grab by FX for the 'needed' extension, which should have been included on the gun.
In retrospect, I feel the pic. rail provided, could/should have been extended full length of the tank.

Yes... The threads actually should be very strong~ The problem is on me~ :cry: [emoji38]

Maybe they call it their style?! And leave some market share for the aftermarket parts makers too? I bought the one from K&L in the States which costed me about 170 CAD with shipping, currency exchange... Not sure if still some tax to pay when I receive it...

~Target~