Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2023 6:26 pm 

The Port Colborne & District Conservation Club will host a Field Target match on Saturday, May 13.
We will also be doing a cleanup day this Saturday, May 6 so if you are able to come and lend a hand please let me know.

Match Details:
• This will be a 60 shot match with 1 standing and 1 kneeling lane.
• Gates will open around 8:30 am. Please try to come out early to help set up
• Sight-in range should be available by 9:30 AM
• Shooter's meeting will be held at 10:00 AM
• Match starts at 10:15 AM
• Match fee is $20
• All field target classes will be offered

Bring boots – it always could be wet and muddy!

FT Class Overview:
Open Division:
· PCP and Piston classes (20 ft/lb. max)
· Note – we will run a “modified open class” similar previous matches
Hunter Division
· PCP and Piston classes (20 ft/lb. max)
WFTF Division
· PCP and Piston classes (12 ft/lb. max)
Junior Hunter Class
· if we have some juniors (20 ft/lb. max)

Port Colborne & District Conservation Club
3757 Second Concession Rd.
Port Colborne, ON L3K 5V5

Google Maps link to PCDCChttps://caftacentral.us4.list-manage.com/track/click?u=d1590928ff365481ef35f9487&id=0e7d88a25a&e=067f071fd5

What I Need from You!
· If you are going to attend, or even thinking of it, please let me know as soon as you can.
· Be sure to include what division and class you will be shooting in.
· Please let me know if you are able to bring targets to set up a lane or two.

If you have any questions after reading the information in this email, please contact me at rob27portc@gmail.com

Rob Wright
Match Director

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2023 7:22 pm 
Supporting Member 2009

I will be bringing my HFT 500 for this match, which will be my first "real" FT match. I'm pretty good sitting on a bum bag and Resting the rifle on my knee. Since I will have a 12 ft/lb rifle, do you recommend I compete in the WFTF division or Hunter?
Maybe there won't be enough competitors in WFTF because I'm guessing Hunter is the popular choice?

Air Arms HFT 500
FX Streamline laminate .22
Benjamin Discovery .22 (tuned)
Weihrauch HW30S .177
Weihrauch HW30 MK1 .177
Weihrauch HW40
Beeman P17
Crosman 22xx carbine (tuned)
Princess Auto Super Springer Deluxe ($34.99)

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2023 8:28 pm 

CZ-Sniper wrote:
I will be bringing my HFT 500 for this match, which will be my first "real" FT match. I'm pretty good sitting on a bum bag and Resting the rifle on my knee. Since I will have a 12 ft/lb rifle, do you recommend I compete in the WFTF division or Hunter?
Maybe there won't be enough competitors in WFTF because I'm guessing Hunter is the popular choice?

Wow, that's a serious gun!
We all shoot the same targets so it is completely up to you what division you want to shoot in. We usually have a couple WFTF shooters - sometimes only 1 in each class (PCP and Springer).
I know a few guys that shoot Hunter Division with a gun around 12 FPE (usually springers though).
My suggestion is to select the division based on how you want to shoot. If you like dialing your scope and using it for rangefinding, then WFTF might be a good fit. If you like eyeballing the distance and holding over then Hunter works. There are no bad choices! You can make it a game-time decision if you want.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2023 10:02 pm 

Isn't there a scope power limit in Hunter class?

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2023 2:28 am 

Hunter is limited to 16X maximum scope. If you have a scope capable of greater magnification you must use it at the 16X setting or the next lowest graduation marked on the scope. The graduations on the parallax knob must be covered so it can't be used for range finding. You aren't to touch your elevation or windage knobs once the match has started. Some Hunter shooters will adjust their magnification to less than 16X for the standing and kneeling lanes before reverting to 16X for the rest of the lanes.

WFTF and Open have no power restrictions on scopes and the scopes can also their parallax knob for range finding. Shooters can also adjust their elevation and w8ndage settings at will.

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2023 12:16 pm 

Tks Rob, I thought something like that, but did not realize the actual power allowed. I expected something like 12X.

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2023 1:49 pm 
Supporting Member 2009

Thanks Rob and Rob G!

Air Arms HFT 500
Weihrauch HW30S .177
Weihrauch HW30 MK1 .177
Weihrauch HW40
Beeman P17

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2023 1:57 pm 

Hi Rob I plan on being there for work day and match. Bring the TX 200. So WFTF for me. :D

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2023 3:40 pm 

I'll be shooting Open PCP. Unfortunately I won't be able to attend the clean-up day as I must judge a BBQ competition in Detroit on Saturday.

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2023 3:49 pm 

rob g wrote:
I must judge a BBQ competition ...

Aww, you poor guy!

Have a great time Rob (maybe smuggle us back a few samples).

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2023 4:27 pm 

I will be attending the match shooting in Hunter PCP please. Thanks

我從使用 Tapatalk 的 TAS-AL00 發送

Feinwerkbau 300S
FX Dreamline Classic
Weihrauch HW100KT FSB
Weihrauch HW97KT
Weihrauch HW50S
Artemis M16
Artemis PP700
Weihrauch HW40
Beeman P17
Stoeger XP4

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2023 12:46 am 
Supporting Member 2009

Hunter PCP please

Air Arms HFT 500
Weihrauch HW30S .177
Weihrauch HW30 MK1 .177
Weihrauch HW40
Beeman P17

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2023 5:09 pm 

Hi everyone. The weather has finally dried out and looks great for this week and the Saturday match.
Unfortunately the wet weather prevented us from getting into the forest last weekend so we were not able to get the forest lanes cleared. We will check it Saturday morning and hope for the best. If we cannot get 8 or 10 shootable lanes we will set up on the trap field.
Either way, the match will go on!
I look forward to seeing you all there.
Rob

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2023 5:09 pm 

Had a good time, sorry did not help with take down. Here are photos I took.ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

我從使用 Tapatalk 的 TAS-AL00 發送

Feinwerkbau 300S
FX Dreamline Classic
Weihrauch HW100KT FSB
Weihrauch HW97KT
Weihrauch HW50S
Artemis M16
Artemis PP700
Weihrauch HW40
Beeman P17
Stoeger XP4

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2023 9:30 pm 

Port Colborne match report May 13, 2023
By Rob Wright, Match Director
Thank You as always to Port Colborne & District Conservation Club for the use of this fine facility. This should be the last of the matches on the trap range since the woods are now dry enough to get in and do some lumberjack work. The work day to get the forest course ready for the next match will be on Saturday, June 3. Please let me know if you are able to lend a hand.
Thank You to everyone who participated, those who helped with setup and teardown, and to those that came out to watch and hopefully will come back again soon and join in the fun.
Thanks to our Course Marshals for this match: Marc Shelleau and Bob Wall.

We had 21 shooters in this match including 3 first time FT shooters to Port Colborne. It was great to see a few of our regulars able to make it back to this match. The setup was 10 lanes with 3 targets each. For those interested in such things, the Troyer factor for this set up was 27.54 which is in the middle of the “moderate” category. There were a few challenging targets and a few surprises in terms of the ones that people struggled with. Worth noting was the head to head battle between Tom and Tony both shooting Hunter PCP. I do not think that they were more than a shot apart for the entire match and they ended up tied. I suspect both will be working on their standing shots to try squeak out another point.
Another close race was for the top of the Open Division where Len and Rob G turned in close to perfect scores with Len just making one more knockdown.
Complete results are in the tables below.
Attachment:
Results May 13 a.JPG
Results May 13 a.JPG [ 27.39 KiB | Viewed 1388 times ]

Attachment:
Results May 13 b.JPG
Results May 13 b.JPG [ 17.83 KiB | Viewed 1388 times ]

We introduced an additional feature into the day by adding a fundraiser to support the prize table for the Canadian Nationals which will be held in September. Shooters had the choice of taking on a 1 inch target at 45 yards or a ½ inch target at 25 yards. Six shooters took the challenge with 4 shooting springers (all TX200) and 2 PCPs. After 26 shots we had a 2 way tie with Mike P and Jeff H both making 3 out of 5 shots. The shoot-off that followed was down to the wire with Mike snatching victory for the PCP faction with some excellent shooting and edging Jeff out by 1. Well done Mike – great to see that even after missing a few matches you are right back in mid-season form already.

Remember that there is a match in Hamilton May 27, then back in Port Colborne June 10. For those a little farther east – there are also great matches in Grenville every month.
Attachment:
2023 FT Schedule 2.JPG
2023 FT Schedule 2.JPG [ 40.23 KiB | Viewed 1388 times ]

Once again thanks to the Port Colborne & District and Conservation Club and all who attended and made this a great day!