Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: power of umarex 686
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2023 5:50 pm 

Recently, I bought Umarex 686 revolver from the formula. Do any one here also has this rare collection?
I tested the accuracy and FPS. The accuracy is really good. The only issue is the power figure. The F mark means 7.5J, rt? But I got more than 7.7J when the cartridge is not cold. Still under 500FPS tho.
I am interested in the results from your 686. How many shot counts do u get?

Post subject: Re: power of umarex 686
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2023 12:32 am 

I have the 586 which is the "blued" version of the same revolver.
I usually dump the cylinder after 40 shots.
I have gotten 42 shots out of a cylinder of C0-2, but the 43rd ends up lodged in the bore.

Gun is fairly consistent over the chronograph with the 8.2 gr Meisters at 460-475 fps depending on temperature, and rate of fire.

Yes, they are gas hogs. The consistent accuracy and reasonable sights are worth it, though.

-D.S.

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2023 11:51 am 

Doc Sharptail wrote:
I have the 586 which is the "blued" version of the same revolver.
I usually dump the cylinder after 40 shots.
I have gotten 42 shots out of a cylinder of C0-2, but the 43rd ends up lodged in the bore.

Gun is fairly consistent over the chronograph with the 8.2 gr Meisters at 460-475 fps depending on temperature, and rate of fire.

Yes, they are gas hogs. The consistent accuracy and reasonable sights are worth it, though.

-D.S.

Oh, thank u for your sharing! According to your results, I could be sure that there is nothing wrong with my chronograph. It has some partial puncture issue. I found a way to solve it and increase the energy to more than 7.5J.
Are the similar German made Umarex 1911a1, beretta 92fs and cp88 has similar issues on gas assumption and FPS?

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2023 10:47 pm 

I had the non-blow back 92 FS.
No real problems with it.
It shot almost to point of aim with the fixed sights.
It was very accurate, and a bit underpowered.
It was advertised at 410 fps, but I got no where near that- about 360 fps, IIRC, with 7.9-8.2 gr class wad cutters.
The mags are shallow, and seem to prefer the wads over domes or points.
I'd like to get another- the ergonomics were a good fit for me. Cost is somewhat on the prohibitive side.

-D.S.

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2023 6:27 am 

I think the 92A1 you mentioned is a steel BB blow back + full auto fun pistol? I have it. Fun but not accurate at all... Didn't worry about how consistent And how fast it shoots~ That's not its selling point~ [emoji38]

I had the 92FS. Nice gun... A bit too big to fit so at last I sold it. This one always keeps It's market value.

And I believe among these ones, the CP88 is what I like most. Especially the long barrel Competition model which can really reach the 400fps in a good day not in the cold basement.

Light weight wadcutter pellet are the best for these guns and the rotary mag. You can still use dome or even pointed pellets. But watch out to use that short ones and with a better fit in the mag (make sure no moving / sliding in indexing). When loading, although need to watch out nothing poke out which will cause a jam definitely When it indexing...

FWB300SU#Tau-7#IZH-46M#FWB-65#CP88-C
~Target~
HW 30s/35e/97k/40+Extender/P3+Scope/70#CZ200s Laminated@10fpe#AA ProSport-177@12fpe

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2023 6:33 am 

Doc Sharptail wrote:
I had the non-blow back 92 FS.
I'd like to get another- the ergonomics were a good fit for me. Cost is somewhat on the prohibitive side.

-D.S.

[emoji38] yeah~ if you do like it, save up the money and go for a silver one with walnut grips is a must~ :)

That one was what I had been looking for... However I didn't find one at the time and bought the normal blued version... Like it at the beginning... Then I found it's too big and too heavy (as I also have a CP99 at the same time to compare... [emoji38] )... So I put it back to the box and sold it not too long ago...

FWB300SU#Tau-7#IZH-46M#FWB-65#CP88-C
~Target~
HW 30s/35e/97k/40+Extender/P3+Scope/70#CZ200s Laminated@10fpe#AA ProSport-177@12fpe

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2023 7:53 am 

It seems that only the discontinued versions could achieve the claimed figure. My Umarex DE could also achieve the claimed value. The shot count for these later day Umarex should be higher? I am considering buy one of these. And is the Umarex 1911a1 still in production?