Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:37 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2023 3:59 pm 

Hi. I am 21 years old and its been 1 year since I moved to Canada. I am living in Toronto, Ontario. I have been the player of 10meter air rifle shooting, since the age of 14 and won many championships on state level and also national level in last couple of years. But, due to some unfortunate reason I had to quit the sport from year 2018 to 2020. But, I can say that shooting is my life and now I want pursue this sport in Canada and participate in matches. Being new to this country, I do not know where to start or what is the first step to persue this sport professionally in Canada in the Ontario region. It would be great if I can get assistance for next steps.
Thank you.

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2023 6:56 pm 

Welcome to the forum from scorching hot, sunny Alberta!

Someone will be along to help you out. :D

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2023 8:35 pm 

Welcome to the forum.

Professionally, unfortunately there isn't much of the sort here. We just do not have the sport budget nor the support of our govements to do this professionally. Our national champions have to provide most funding themselves for internation events. I do not live in Toronto so I do not know of which clubs there are. Maybe ask in targettalk.org. IMO the best forum around for ISSF related discussions.

Good luck

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2023 9:07 pm 

Yeah.... That's too sad because our gov just want to kill the whole sport if they could grab any chance... Don't even think about they could support or put a dime in it....

FWB300SU#Tau-7#IZH-46M#FWB-65#CP88-C
~Target~
HW 30s/35e/97k/40+Extender/P3+Scope/70#CZ200s Laminated@10fpe#AA ProSport-177@12fpe

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2023 11:53 am 

Hi Amit

Welcome to Toronto. :arrow: First of all, as previous answers you have to fund yourself for the sports.
And if you are only looking for 10m target practice, you probably don't need high powered ones--over 500fps (5.7j) it is rated with Firearm here and you need to get a PAL license to purchase, store and carrying--it takes a whole day course with exam, plus application to RCMP, and ususally few months to bit over a year to get it. By the mean time you can still use low power ones.

There are tons of cheap air rifle you can get-- you can get new ones from Canadian Tire, Princess Autos, Cables/Bass Pro, small local firmarm stores --usually they will carry some, you can get them in-store or purchase online and pickup, as well as online venders: http://www.airgunarcheryfun.ca; http://www.airgunsource.ca/us/; https://www.replicaairguns.ca/; D&L airguns and many other online store

For used ones you can check gunpost.ca; the forum sale section, or even Kijiji sometimes have, a sub 500 springer may only cost $50-75 if it is close to you and convenient for pickup and multi-pump is also not expensive. However if you want go PCP it usually cost about $200 at least for used and you need get hand/electric pump or scuba bottles.--My extra fiber cabon bottle for Artemis M16A almost cost same as the gun itself!!
Here is some good used PCP, they may needs PAL
topic93722.html
topic93219.html

Also scope is another cost--unless you go with the iron-fiber sight comes with the gun. Some used air gun comes with scope and don't wait they are usually very good deals. If buying separate, I would suggest to buy used scope, usually 2/3 or half price with the new ones (except mid to high-end ones but you still can save hundreds of dollars for used one) and functioning the same.
For pellets check the forum and we just have a discussion here
topic93719.html

Enjoy the shooting and have fun!

Finally get my PAL after 1 year waiting

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2023 1:10 pm 

Welcome to the forum.

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 12:00 pm 

Welcome!

10M air rifles are usually not regulated in Canada, as their speed/Power level are below the legal limit to be considered a "firearm"