Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 4:10 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: One deaign fits all?!
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2023 9:30 pm 

Looks PCPs are super popular in these few years but in the other hands ppl are lack of sparkles in developing new deaigns any more?

Except making bigger calibers, higher power, didn't see those eye opening, WOW designs for a long time already.... Image

FWB300SU#Tau-7#IZH-46M#FWB-65#CP88-C
~Target~
HW 30s/35e/97k/40+Extender/P3+Scope/70#CZ200s Laminated@10fpe#AA ProSport-177@12fpe

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2023 3:07 pm 

There are still a lot of ergonomic and valving improvements to be made.
Rotary magazines are pretty garbage for reloading under any sort of time pressure, plus few rifles actively prevent double feeds.
In terms of valving it'll need significantly higher pressures to drive heavier for bore projectiles at the speeds required to significantly improve on rimfire ballistics. Think 500 bar fills with 250bar regulator pressures.
Perhaps compression fired hydrogen would be the system of the future?

Then there is the ammo itself. Lots to be improved there. Perhaps hybrid polymer tipped for added BC without significant weight increase or even a reverse jacketed design with a polymer core surrounded by enough lead to engage the rifling?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2023 6:35 pm 

Looks not a real clue to improve reloading... FX uses the super hi cap mag and you can buy one or more spares and pre-loaded it.... Others uses double mag system you push it left or right after the current one is finished to engage the other one... Still faster than single shot loader... But looks we won't have ammo quick loader or mag systemfor 'fire'-arms due to the size or soft pellets Etc....

I see Daystate walks further and further in electronizing their wolves.

FWB300SU#Tau-7#IZH-46M#FWB-65#CP88-C
~Target~
HW 30s/35e/97k/40+Extender/P3+Scope/70#CZ200s Laminated@10fpe#AA ProSport-177@12fpe

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2023 7:03 pm 

YepYep wrote:
Looks not a real clue to improve reloading... FX uses the super hi cap mag and you can buy one or more spares and pre-loaded it.... Others uses double mag system you push it left or right after the current one is finished to engage the other one... Still faster than single shot loader... But looks we won't have ammo quick loader or mag systemfor 'fire'-arms due to the size or soft pellets Etc....

I see Daystate walks further and further in electronizing their wolves.

How do others feel about "electronizing"?

I'm a dinosaur, admittedly, but not in favour as too many peccadilloes can arise, IMO.

I agree about magazines, as would like mine to all use HW100 type magazines. Quicker to load, and seem to outlast the others.

Webley Viscount .177
Kral Mega Marine Walnut .22
Artemis PP750 .22
FX Streamline .22 walnut
FX Streamline .22 composite
FX Dynamic 500 .22

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2023 9:01 am 

I really do not like the electronics. I have witnessed guys pulling out of matches where the electronics or batteries fail. Most do not have a clue how to fix it, except to replace a battery, but the mechanical systems are usually straight forward. Mechanical systems are affected somewhat by weather conditions, but electronics in high humidity and rain is not a good combo.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2023 10:04 am 

Electronics. It really depends on how much money they throw at it. The most advanced fire control is done fly/fire by wire for a reason but that is billions in development. I love the e-trigger on my lp10 but it most certainly takes some getting used too. I'm sure if Steyr wanted to mimic the crispness a manual trigger they could have. I would love to see a quality electronic semi-loading PCP. I'm not sure how realistic that is but I can still dream.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2023 11:09 am 

$4000 Daystates are the ones I have seen fail. You can change velocity, get chrono readings, etc. when all is working well. If not, ......

Those large systems usually are backed with highly trained technicians that can fix things. Most shooters do not have that support, unless they are sponsored and at a big event like the Olympics.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2023 6:42 pm 

Still IMO a bunch of pipes :cry: were is the nice wood stocks :roll: