Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 10:15 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2023 2:40 pm 

:) borrow a topic name from another gentleman here in the forum~ :)

As advised I don't need to wait to weekend and got my big box (the other box is much bigger than the factory package of the p-five, and it's a BIG brown paper squeezed inside for protection.) When I got home after lunch today~ good job Bullseye North!

Cleaned the barrel, I started enjoy some unexpected fun to zero, check speed, test fire the new toy!

In general this new model is not bad at all~

Light weight and well balanced when holding in hand. 880 grams vs the 1135 grams for the HW70 which obviously much heavier and muzzle heavy in hand.

Decent power. Yes, it's still heavily dieseling and doing 420fps with the Daisy flat nose wadcutter 7.5g. My HW70 is doing 390fps. Thinking after running in, it should doing similar power as the German break barrel pistol. The 1.5fpe on the box is fake.

Shot # 224 is HW70 using same pellet.
Shot # 225 is the Xisico using JSB Exact Jumbo 15.88g

Smoking barrel.... [emoji38] I actually didn't have the plan to open it without any instructions... Not sure when will the smoke can go away... :(

Trigger is very good~ a little bit heavy tho... But I like the smooth and light 1st stage and the break point at 2nd stage is nice too~

It also has very good potential in accuracy~ I just quickly zeroed the sight, then test shooting it at the same time doing the chrono test using the FX radar which you need to adjust your muzzle well with the unit to get reading... And in a couple test fires, I could still maintain to put two pellets almost at the same hole 6 yards away... At least it will be well capable for some serious plinking fun~ :)

How's yours?! ;) There should be at least 4 or more new owners of this new Diana p-five pellet pistol here in the forum, right?!

FWB300SU#Tau-7#IZH-46M#FWB-65#CP88-C
~Target~
HW 30s/35e/97k/40+Extender/P3+Scope/70#CZ200s Laminated@10fpe#AA ProSport-177@12fpe

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2023 3:25 pm 

hey yep. congrats. ya mine was smoking a lot at first too--but not as much now. i,ve got about 20 feet to shoot--and i can manage to hit the 1/2 inch dollar store sticker bullseyes--or come very close--holding it freehand. i shot mine for a bit this morning. tried it on a campbells soup can and 2 pellets wen,t through one side. my old dam eyes are making targets harder to see even at 20 feet. i wear bifocals so makes it worse. and also i might have to paint the tip of the front sight white because it,s hard to see- especially when aiming at a target with a black back drop. still enjoy it though. have fun and now you have another nice one to add to your great collection.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2023 9:45 am 

YepYep wrote:
:)
Trigger is very good~ a little bit heavy tho... But I like the smooth and light 1st stage and the break point at 2nd stage is nice too~

Haven't got mine out yet, but does yours have a trigger adjustment screw? Mine has a hole in the trigger guard and in the trigger, but no grub screw.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2023 9:54 am 

PlinkerDad wrote:
YepYep wrote:

Haven't got mine out yet, but does yours have a trigger adjustment screw? Mine has a hole in the trigger guard and in the trigger, but no grub screw.

I don't have a P-five and won't be getting one, but interesting info on the trigger. from YepYep's close up photo above, the trigger blade looks similar to the Chinese Diana/PP style trigger blade on Bandit/Chaser/Stormrider which has an adjustable trigger - and If I remember correctly, early versions of that trigger blade did not have an adjustment screw, but one could be installed to make the blade adjustable. Later version had the adjustment screw installed at the factory. For what it's worth - the P-five trigger blade may possibly be made adjustable - depending on how the sears are configured. :drinkers:

))))----//----------==

Iacio, ergo sum

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2023 9:55 am 

Looks no... My buddy adjusted it lighter by working on the spring directly like what we did to adjust the 1322/2240 trigger... [emoji38] I didn't get into the details yet~

And I ran out the windage adjustment to the right then now I removed both side screws and used hot glue to fix the sight blade on the rear sight... [emoji38]

~Target~
HW 30s/35e/97k/40+Extender/P3+Scope/70#CZ200s Laminated@10fpe#AA ProSport-177@12fpe

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2023 9:57 am 

Dukemeister wrote:
PlinkerDad wrote:
YepYep wrote:

I don't have a P-five and won't be getting one, but interesting info on the trigger. from YepYep's close up photo above, the trigger blade looks similar to the Chinese Diana/PP style trigger blade on Bandit/Chaser/Stormrider which has an adjustable trigger - and If I remember correctly, early versions of that trigger blade did not have an adjustment screw, but one could be installed to make the blade adjustable. Later version had the adjustment screw installed at the factory. For what it's worth - the P-five trigger blade may possibly be made adjustable - depending on how the sears are configured. :drinkers:
Yep~ that my first impression too~ however maybe it's just because it's a springer.so the internal of these two guns are very different and not the same trigger like the Chaser...

~Target~

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2023 10:13 am 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZUzWRIgxBw&t=12s

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2023 10:38 am 

Nice video~
I think i have the grub screws and can just drop one in without taking anything off~ :)

~Target~

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2023 10:41 am 

The grub screw must be a market dependent feature.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2023 6:06 pm 

Tried to follow the video to adjust the trigger....

Grub screw at the front of the blade is for holding the detention ball of the safety.... Glad it's not using spring inside.... :eek:

The big plate but tiny Philips head screw which holding the trap bar for the sears is very tight. I have a small sharp Philips screw driver which I bought more than 20 years ago in a set that made in Japan which I use on my models (cars, robots etc) looks not the prefect fit on it. I didn't try harder just to avoid damaged the head which just like the infamous tiny breech screw on the 1322/2240.... So I couldn't adjust that trap bar...

For the hole on the back of the trigger blade.... It's just a straight hole... Not a tapped one with threads... And when you pull the trigger, if there's a grub screw (need to be a very thin one) to 'help' pushing down and release the trap bar, it touches the bar on an angle.... It really looks not for putting anything in it to adjust the trigger engagement....

And the trigger blade is plastic, if you run a screw through it, I think it could weaken the blade or even breaking it.... Maybe they think about this feature but changed the mind at last minute??

When disassemble the gun, I noticed the outer frame screw holes on the left side are not opened properly... In order to align to the inner frame screw holes, it lost half round of the materials... So I don't dare to tighten the screws too tight on reassemble it...

And interesting10 shots grouping.... Human error?!?! 5 shots in the lower hole and 4 in the upper hole then one flier at the top left.... Holes outside the target are left by previous shootings not in this final grouping test... 6 yards away, semi-retsted my hands on the door frame, standing, Grizzly wadcutter pellet 8.6g (washed).

~Target~

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2023 7:55 pm 

YepYep wrote:
:) borrow a topic name from another gentleman here in the forum~ :)

As advised I don't need to wait to weekend and got my big box (the other box is much bigger than the factory package of the p-five, and it's a BIG brown paper squeezed inside for protection.) When I got home after lunch today~ good job Bullseye North!

Cleaned the barrel, I started enjoy some unexpected fun to zero, check speed, test fire the new toy!

In general this new model is not bad at all~

Light weight and well balanced when holding in hand. 880 grams vs the 1135 grams for the HW70 which obviously much heavier and muzzle heavy in hand.

Decent power. Yes, it's still heavily dieseling and doing 420fps with the Daisy flat nose wadcutter 7.5g. My HW70 is doing 390fps. Thinking after running in, it should doing similar power as the German break barrel pistol. The 1.5fpe on the box is fake.

Shot # 224 is HW70 using same pellet.
Shot # 225 is the Xisico using JSB Exact Jumbo 15.88g

Smoking barrel.... [emoji38] I actually didn't have the plan to open it without any instructions... Not sure when will the smoke can go away... :(

It also has very good potential in accuracy~ I just quickly zeroed the sight, then test shooting it at the same time doing the chrono test using the FX radar which you need to adjust your muzzle well with the unit to get reading... And in a couple test fires, I could still maintain to put two pellets almost at the same hole 6 yards away... At least it will be well capable for some serious plinking fun~ :)

How's yours?! ;) There should be at least 4 or more new owners of this new Diana p-five pellet pistol here in the forum, right?!

Hi , I will be getting one of these next week....

you said: I like the smooth and light 1st stage and the break point at 2nd stage is nice too

any precision about the trigger pull weight??

Thank you !!!!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2023 8:24 pm 

elcabazorro wrote:
Hi , I will be getting one of these next week....

you said: I like the smooth and light 1st stage and the break point at 2nd stage is nice too

any precision about the trigger pull weight??

Thank you !!!!

I don't have a trigger pull meter, It's not a bad trigger~ a little bit heavy is my feeling. According to the YouTube videos I watched and reviews I read, one measured it as about 2lbs, another said out of box like 7lbs.... :eek:

~Target~

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2023 9:07 pm 

Thank You!!!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2023 12:51 pm 

YepYep wrote:
For the hole on the back of the trigger blade.... It's just a straight hole... Not a tapped one with threads... And when you pull the trigger, if there's a grub screw (need to be a very thin one) to 'help' pushing down and release the trap bar, it touches the bar on an angle.... It really looks not for putting anything in it to adjust the trigger engagement....

And the trigger blade is plastic, if you run a screw through it, I think it could weaken the blade or even breaking it.... Maybe they think about this feature but changed the mind at last minute??

The trigger hole on mine is more or less perpendicular to the sear during sear engagement. You don't want to tap holes in plastic, rather let the set screw do the cutting. It looks like it has been drilled to accommodate an m3 screw, but a 4-40 would probably be better as it is slightly smaller in diameter and yet has a large enough major diameter to bite in to the plastic to some extent.

I did try some speed measurements in my garage. The gun doesn't like Crosman hollow points (velocity similar to YepYep, but with a much wider spread), but I was bumping up against 500 fps with RWS Hobby 7gn. At that pellet weight the legal limit is 520 fps.

In general the gun appears well made for its price point, and hits harder than advertised. Unfortunately, my eyes aren't good enough for open sights, so I'll need a red dot, but I've measured the barrel droop on mine at 24 MOA down. Does anyone have any recommendations on a red dot that will hold zero on a break barrel pistol, will allow perhaps 40 MOA of downward adjustment and won't break the bank?

Attachments:
Trigger.jpg
Trigger.jpg [ 113.51 KiB | Viewed 1512 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2023 4:18 pm 

I have red dot sights but not for 11mm rail~ :( [emoji38] and as you don't need to see clear at the big targets, I think I will keep on bearing with the pistol and my bad eyes~

Please let us know if screwing in a right screw do help the trigger pull a lot or not~

I think I have some different size small grub screws sitting somewhere, I will find them out and give it a try later too~

~Target~