Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:39 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Re: My Range
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2023 10:36 pm 

TCooper wrote:
Excellent targets! That's definitely my preference. Gongs, swingers and knockdowns are a blast. I might have to make something like that flapper target. Great idea.

I like most my targets but what I find really helps with my old eyes is the colour I have settled on, yellow with a reflective silver back. In the late evening as the sun is setting the contrast between the two is just perfect when using black iron sights.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2023 4:27 pm 

Nice setup!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2023 11:03 pm 

Adding a new 70 yard target for the range. I put the target center on a loosey goosey spring so even light .177 pellets will make it dance. In one of the pictures if you look above the target there are two aiming aids. two small disks, the highest aiming disk is a full three feet above the target center and the lower one (hard to see) is maybe 26-27 inches above the center. I just guessed at where to put these and at least for the .22 pellets I found out I should have put the 22 aiming aid about 40 inches above the center. there is a hell of a drop at that distance. I have not tested the aiming aid for the .177 yet but I expect it to be close. I know this is getting to far for sub 500 ft/sec pellet pistols but it is all I have right now, I plan to pick up a pellet rifle in the 800-900 ft/sec range next year then these longer range targets will get a more serious workout.

Attachments:
new 70 yard target.jpg
new 70 yard target.jpg [ 586.5 KiB | Viewed 449 times ]
70 yard target aiming aid.jpg
70 yard target aiming aid.jpg [ 588.26 KiB | Viewed 449 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2023 8:27 am 

Make up the guest room, we're all coming over!!

Your space makes all us city dwellers drool.

Thanks for posting and letting us all dream of shooting not just in the basement.
Rob27

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2023 8:19 pm 

Yes I'm with Rob27, please make a guest room. haha.

Wonderful spot. Truly.

Great place to really dial in those scopes and master the craft!

Nice.

Cowardice is never rewarded.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2023 11:02 pm 

Guests are welcome, but it looks like everyone is provinces away. Even in Alberta I don't know of any serious air pistol shooters in the Edmonton area. There must be some but they would have to be willing to drive roughly 60 km out of the city to use my range.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2023 11:10 pm 

iratecaller wrote:
Yes I'm with Rob27, please make a guest room. haha.

Wonderful spot. Truly.

Great place to really dial in those scopes and master the craft!

Nice.

It is actually better than it looks do to the terrain. The shooting benches set back into the shade from trees, most the range in a dip in the ground with higher surrounding area on two sides and tree lined the whole length so wind interface is almost nonexistent even on windy days.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2023 9:26 pm 

Where did the summer go, the cooler evening temperature is effecting my shooting (the co2). I had added pallet walls around my shooting benches last spring, I just finished carrying down some lumber and tin so next spring I can add a tin roof and turn it into a more proper shooting shack. While I live way out in the country and have a private place, a road does go by my place and while it is unlikely that I would be spotted out shooting my pellet pistols in theory it could happen and I just want to zero that risk. The last thing I want is a swat team showing up because someone phoned in a man with a pistol complaint. So higher walls and a roof will be the first project next year.

Attachments:
shooting shack.jpg
shooting shack.jpg [ 578.4 KiB | Viewed 307 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2023 9:56 pm 

A new target added over the summer.

Attachments:
another new target.jpg
another new target.jpg [ 572.2 KiB | Viewed 306 times ]
backside.jpg
backside.jpg [ 589.01 KiB | Viewed 306 times ]