Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:16 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2023 9:20 pm 

I'm thinking about picking up a Crosman DPMS to switch things up a bit when I'm shooting with my son. Is the DPMS now obsolete and being replaced by the R1, or is it still a current model? For those that have had them for a while, how have they held up?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2023 5:21 pm 

I bought one 1.5 years ago. Direct from Crossman.
They are kind off a fun thing I suppose but mine quickly developed the typical mag problem.
Only one side of the twin co2 sides work now.
Wouldn't waste my money on another..
Your experience may differ....

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2023 7:37 am 

Late reply to this post I purchased a Crosman Panther Arms DPMS used about 5 months ago the DPMS is still available new although no longer called Panther Arms as that company went bankrupt so probably Crosman lost the license agreement There is a link at top of page replica arms sells them as does Crosman.ca
Personally these things are a blast, relatively cheap shooting The rear stock is not interchangeable if you want a changeable one go with the R1, bushmaster The common magazine problem of co2 cartridges is a easy fix see YouTube for examples
The Canadian version I have peaks about 440 at 30c older YouTube reviews of US version get about 500 out of box
Two full co2 gets about 125 solid shots done by the 175 point, full auto you’ll dump the 25 rounds in 2 seconds or less
6000bbs ($18) co2 about $1 per cartridge
Fun times
Cheers